Game 71.5

DJDonegal

No CF, so not that easy.

And I thought people were of the opinion that gender slips were rubbish anyway?

Of course they are. :lol:

I have not yet begun to get serious. If you and Pebs were lynched and the game continued, my own "logic" would have me next.

I'll be serious tomorrow ;)

Lany's posts are only fillers. That worries me. Like if she doesn't want to participate in any serious discussion. Mysterious. :unsure:

What I want to see:

- Mina expressing her feelings with five words instead of five paragraphs

- WJ confessing that he's a member of a freemason branch that is responsible for spreading ninja smileys all over the internet

- Pebbles finally making some spelling mistakes to calm down my paranoia

You guys haven't lynched Pebbles/Kat yet. For shame!*

Are we in the serious phase yet, I can't tell. If so, disregard this post. If not, here are some smilies: :thumbsup: :hat: :smileysex: :leer: :tantrum:

I have to leave now. I'll be serious tommorow. Maybe. :ph34r:

* This asterisk is here because Sir Thursday is right, they are addicting.

Gert, I was expecting you to say, ''Because in Chairman Meow's crazy symp clue theory, the two FM are female.'' That answer isn't comforting.

I agree that gender slips don't always mean something. But real gender slips have happened (I remember mentat calling potsherds ''she'' in the Threevil game). And I don't like how your first instinct was to ignore the question and brush it off with a joke. Saying, 'Well, the general consensus is that gender slips are rubbish, so don't take this one seriously'' isn't good enough. Can you link to an example of one forum post in which you've used ''she'' to refer to someone of indeterminate gender?

I hope there aren't 3 FM. In a 12-player game, that's brutal.

- Mina expressing her feelings with five words instead of five paragraphs

Piper, you are an asshole.

Happy?

It is day 1.

12 players remain: Chairman Meow, Gertrude, Kat, LCOTNW, Lany Cassandra, Mentat, Mina Martell, Pebble That Hides, Piper of Chaos, Ser Spidey, Sir Thursday, TheMalcolm.

7 votes are needed for a conviction or 6 to go to night.

3 votes for Kat (Piper of Chaos, Chairman Meow, Sir Thursday)

1 vote for Chairman Meow (Kat)

1 vote for Gertrude (Mina Martell)

1 vote for Lany Cassandra (Mentat)

1 vote for Mentat (Lany Cassandra)

1 vote for Mina Martell (Gertrude)

1 vote for Piper of Chaos (Ser Spidey)

3 players have not voted: LCOTNW, Pebble That Hides, TheMalcolm.

I think the cat just farted. :stillsick:

You can call it Stinky.

Or is that Mina cooking eggs?

I really want to be in on this joke. Pretty please?

And I thought people were of the opinion that gender slips were rubbish anyway?

I think they're rubbish.

Also, I think we're probably looking at 3 FM. Just throwing that out since there is a lot of partners talk as if we're only looking at 2.

Hmmm... the ideal balance for 12 players would be more like 2 FM and symp. 3 FM means we have to get a FM pretty fast or lose. Since there's no symp in this game, I'd say balance is probably off. It's true that balance tends to be off on the FM's side more often than not, though you can't be sure.

I agree that gender slips don't always mean something. But real gender slips have happened (I remember mentat calling potsherds ''she'' in the Threevil game).

On the other hand, I also called Harlot a she last game...

Piper.

I'm not adept to talking seriously at this point of night/cans of beer, but this is a seious vote.

I've noticed that partners often vote each other at the beginning of the game, as a sort of meaningless distancing. The only vote that came off as random was Piper's vote for Kat. Then, Gert voted him. So, if piper is guilty, we just vote of both of them and win the game. Foolproof.

Eh... on the other hand innocents also tend to playfully and meaninglessly vote for each other during the RP phase.

Of all the RP so far, I think I find Gertrude's and Sir Thursday's the most suspicious, because it's slightly over the top. I'm going to vote Sir Thursday.

Beware, ruthless killers, I'm back! :fencing:

And I'm voting Malcolm.

I think it's suspicious that he had been too drunk to play, but nonetheless felt obliged to post some stuff. Could be an FM who was a bit afraid that coming late to the party might draw the attention of the other guests.

That's pretty lame, ain't it? He made one post saying he was drunk and a couple of inane one liners.

I'm not feeling the pressure from him, more like from you, actually Piper of Chaos.

Our chief weapon is fear. Fear and surprise. Our two, two main weapons are fear, surprise, and a ruthless efficiency. Our three, three main weapons are fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope. Ah. Amongst our weapons are fear, surprise.... Amongst our weaponry are.... Ah. I'll come in again.

:leaving:

Sir Thursday's back, and he's got a new rap!

*doesn't really*

Anyway, I dislike this post, or more specifically the last sentence:

I've just failed an important exam, and plan on winning this game as a mean of bringing some light back into my life.

Killers, be afraid. Be very afraid.

Any time someone addresses the scum like this early on it sets alarm bells ringing in my head - at this point, inno players have no handle whatsoever on the nature of the killers, and in my experience that makes them unlikely to address them like this. Scum, on the other hand, are trying to blend in, and this is an obvious way of doing it.

Beware, ruthless killers, I'm back! :fencing:

And I'm voting Malcolm.

I think it's suspicious that he had been too drunk to play, but nonetheless felt obliged to post some stuff. Could be an FM who was a bit afraid that coming late to the party might draw the attention of the other guests.

For similar reasons, I don't like this post either.

For now, I'm going to:

Remove Vote

Vote Ser Spidey

Because his attempts to turn the game serious seemed forced, as if he was trying to gain some inno cred from it.

Any time someone addresses the scum like this early on it sets alarm bells ringing in my head - at this point, inno players have no handle whatsoever on the nature of the killers, and in my experience that makes them unlikely to address them like this. Scum, on the other hand, are trying to blend in, and this is an obvious way of doing it.

?

Really? I don't get this point at all (I sort of see what you mean, but it's not something I've ever considered an evil tell).

For similar reasons, I don't like this post either.

I don't like Piper's post either, as I've already said, but I don't see how the reasons you gave for disliking Ser Spider's post apply to this one (though they would if you had quoted his second post where he votes for Piper, which you didn't). Care to clarify?

It is day 1.

12 players remain: Chairman Meow, Gertrude, Kat, LCOTNW, Lany Cassandra, Mentat, Mina Martell, Pebble That Hides, Piper of Chaos, Ser Spidey, Sir Thursday, TheMalcolm.

7 votes are needed for a conviction or 6 to go to night.

2 votes for Chairman Meow (Kat, TheMalcolm)

2 votes for Piper of Chaos (Ser Spidey, Mentat)

1 vote for Gertrude (Mina Martell)

1 vote for Kat (Chairman Meow)

1 vote for Mentat (Lany Cassandra)

1 vote for Mina Martell (Gertrude)

1 vote for Ser Spidey (Sir Thursday)

1 vote for TheMalcolm (Piper of Chaos)

2 players have not voted: LCOTNW, Pebble That Hides.

Archived