Your Kingsguard, Hand of the King, and Small Council

Carter209

Well...

King: Littlefinger. Strangely enough, this is probably the place where he could do the least damage (No, "with his head mounted on a spike" doesn't count).

Queen: Some or another political marriage, I think Arianne's old enough for it to not be creepy.

Hand of the King: Tyrion Lannister. He's proved himself as skilled as his father, but better meaning as long as you remember to pat him in the back and tell him how great he is once in a while.

Master of Coin: With the most obvious choice busy being King, Tywin Lannister should be competent enough at this.

Master of Laws: As much as I'd like to let him live his life peacefully in the North, Eddard Stark would probably be a good one.

Master of Ships: Davos Seaworth, because I assume this job involves more than building warships. If it's actually all about war, then Stannis.

Master of Whispers: Varys and Qyburn, having a second source to verify the info fed by the other is probably a good idea.

Grand Maester: Luwin, Cressen or Aemon are all solid choices. Though the latter would probably die two weeks in.

Kingsguard:

(Post character development) Jaime Lannister as Lord Commander: He understands what being a Kingsguard really means, and has the right idea as to how one should behave.

Barristan Selmy: In Westeros, he's thought of more as a superhero than as a knight, also, a natural follower.

Areo Horath: When your entire character can be described as "Huge bodyguard guy" you have to be damn good at the job.

Brienne: A great warrior, a great person and a dutiful knight. Very unlike to break her bows, and we can look to the other side if she decides to get it on with Jaime.

Loras Tyrell: Can end up being a fantastic knight with the proper tutelage.

The Blackfish: If he hasn't taking a spouse until now, he's unlike to take one at all. While probably not as good in one-on-one combat as the other guys in the list, he's as experienced as Barristan, and a whole deal smarter.

Mandon Moore: A genetically engineered Kingsguard, not very likeable, but that's not the point.

Other Positions:

Captain of the Golden Cloaks: Jacelyn Bywater, why try to fix what's not broken?

Master at Arms: Assuming he can have both jobs, Loras seems to have a way with the children.

Hight Septon: The elder brother seems like a fine enough guy. Hell, the High Sparrow wouldn't be too bad without the whole "arming the faith again" thing.

The Kingsguard

Brynden "The Blackfish" Tully - Lord Commander

Brienne of Tarth

Barristan Selmy

Oberyn Martell

Loras Tyrell

Jaime Lannister

Areo Hotah

(Also, they're allowed to have sex, get married, have babies, etc. I honestly don't care. Plus, I don't want the men to be all sexually frustrated and unable to concentrate on protecting me, my kids, and my husband. ;D)

Small Council

The Hand: Davos Seaworth. Awww yeah!

Grand Maester: Maester Aemon

Treasurer: Kevan Lannister

Justicar: Eddard Stark

Master of Ships: Asha Greyjoy

Master of Whispers: Theon Greyjoy - its time for a new eunnuch to arrive in town... I kid. Probably Varys even though he'd just try to kill me. Qyburn freaks me out and I don't want any secret Frankenstein torture experiments going on in my basement.

High Septon: Meribald

Captain of the Gold Cloaks: Doloros Edd. We'd also be best friends.

King Consort: Robb Stark

Lord Commander: Jon Snow

Master-at-Arms: Leathers

Hopefully this merry band could lead a successful kingdom whislt I sat back and relaxed.

Hand: Stannis Baratheon - Grind those teeth and deliver my justice and such.

Grand Maester: Maester Aemon - I might have Qyburn as his sidekick just incase anyone needed a good old torturing.

Master of Coin: Tyrion Lannister - I'd tell him he was the best guy ever and if he managed to muster me extra coin he could set up his own whore house.

Master of Laws: Ned Stark - He has good morals, a perfect fit.

Master of Ships: Victarion Greyjoy - Good with ships, thats whats needed.

Master of Whispers: Bran Stark - That kid has a good pair of eyes!

Kingsguard:

Barristan Selmy - Lord Commander, it goes without saying really.

Howland Reed - Mystery man.

Greatjon Umber - I think he'd be a formidable drinking partner, let alone warrior!

Brienne of Tarth - She's got skills that kills.

Jon Snow/Ghost - I've got him in here for ghost, without ghost he's pretty average but Ghost is a beast!

Donal Noye - If you can kill a giant with one arm, you can protect me.

Robert Baratheon - In his younger days obviously!

Interesting Thread!

My in-depth knowledge of things aSoIaF is limited compared to most people here but hell I'll give it a crack anyway -

Hand of the King: Renly Baratheon - knowledgeable and has friends in high places but, unlike his brother Stannis, knows and is willing to take the shady side when necessary (which he will need with the counsel he'll have).

Small Council: Littlefinger (Master of Coin) - Great for the finances

Tyrion Lannister (Master of Laws) - Very knowledgeable and knows how to get things done

Davos Seaworth (Master of Ships) - Best man for the job in my eyes

Varys (Master of Whispers) - Same as above

Master Luwin of Winterfell (Grand Maester) - not very knowledgeable about Maesters but he seems competent enough

Kingsguard: Barriston Selmy (Head) - Loyal and top notch with a sword

Brienne - Same as above but not sure if women are allowed to form part of the Kingsguard?

Loras Tyrell - Good fighter and not going to marry so a good choice I feel

Balon Swann - a good honest knight if I remember correctly

Jorah Mormont - a chance to regain his honor (even though he is an honorable man) and is a good knight

Quentyn Martell - Nice to have the Martell's on your side I suppose =P

Forgot the name but he's one of Dany's Khalasar, the one who we see a lot of in the TV series and uses the whip on Viserys - he's badass!

King: moi.

Queen: Daenerys. Otherwise I wouldn't be king for long before she set her dragons on me.

Small Council:

Hand: Randall Tarly. He doesn't take crap from anyone, and doesn't aspire to become king.

Master of Coin: Tyrion Lannister, the only one with a hope of figuring out how Littlefinger worked his magic, but without LF's annoying habit of starting wars and being a creepy sociopath.

Navy: Stannis. A man of proven military ability at sea, as well as proven loyalty to the throne just as long as he doesn't think he himself is the rightful king.

Master of Whispers: Varys. No one else could possibly compete, and with Dany as my queen he wouldn't be plotting against me.

Grand Maester: Samwell Tarly. Smart, and loyal. He'd be in a funk about facing his father at first but he'd pull through.

Kingsguard:

Brienne of Tarth.

Loras Tyrell.

Barristan the Bold.

These three are definites because they're all honourable, great fighters, and because it's the life they want. I'd hold a tourney to decide who would fill the remaining 4 places.

I'm obviously the Queen and I'm awesome, Val of the wildlings, first of her name blahblahblah, kneel before me, no, j/k :D

So, first things first, Jon Snow is my King and he is also the LC of my Queensguard cause now they can marry xD

The rest of my queensguard:

-Ser Barristan Selmy

-Ser Jaime Lannister

-Lady Brienne of Tarth

-Lady Arya Stark

-Ser Mance Rayder

-Ser Brynden Tully

My team:

-Hand of the Queen: Ser Davos Seaworth, obviously :bowdown:

-Grand Maester: Samwell Tarly

-Master of coin: I'd say LF but he'd probably backstab me sooner or later so, Tyrion Lannister I suposse.

-Master of laws: Stannis Baratheon.

-Master of ships: Asha Greyjoy.

-Master of whispers: Brandon Stark.

-King's justice: Jorah Mormont.

It seems people is taking for granted that whoever they take into their Great Council will remain loyal...

I wouldn´t take Victarion, Asha, Varys, Littlefinger or Renly: Victarion is a rabid dog that would turn against any king that isn´t a Greyjoy, Asha is too ambitious, Renly has proven he is willing to betray even his own family to seize the throne, and I think I don´t need to speak about how untrustworthy are Varys and Littlefinger.

This is a question to Carter209: Are we assuming the people we choose will remain magically under our complete control, or would they be able to act as they will?

Queen: Brienne

Queen's Consort: Willas Tyrell

High Council

--------------

Hand: Tyrion Lannister

Maester of coin: Littlefinger

Maester of Whispers: Arya Stark (when she's grown up a little)

Grand Maester: Cressen

Maester of Ships: Davos

Maester of Law: Stannis Baratheon

Maester of Science and development: Arellas - AKA: Sarella Martell.

High Septon: I'll let the spet council choose that one.

Queen's Justice: Sandor Clegan

Queensguard:

---------------

Jamie Lannister - Captain of the QG (He'll protect her with his life)

Loras Tyrell

Areo Hotah (there's no better bodyguard in the whole seven kingdoms)

Brynden Tully

Rob Stark (not the best swordsman in the land, but a good strategist and the QG needs one strategist)

Asha Greyjoy (She would understand Brienne the most, and provide an ear, as well as a sword)

Balon Swann.

Wardens:

-------------

Warden of the North: Jon Stark

Warden of the East: Renly Baratheon

Warden of the West: Kevan Lannister

Warden of the South: Queen Of Thorns

The Wall

----------

LC: Jorah Mormont

Maester: Samwell Tarly

I only used folks that at this moment are alive ( hopefully I didn't add a dead one, Cat still breathes)

King: Stannis Baratheon

Queen: Margery Tyrell or Sansa Stark

Hand: Bryndun Tully

Grand Maester: Samwell Tarly (couldn't really find a decent live GM, so Sam went on a fast track learning curve)

Master of Coin: Tycho Nestoris

Master of Laws: Tyrion Lannister

Master of Ships: Davos Seaworth

Master of Whispers: Olenna Tyrell / Arya Stark / Brandon Stark (1000 X 2 eyes +1)

King or Queens Justice - Sandor Clagane / Lady Stone Heart ( :) )

Kingsguard:

Barristan Selmy (Lord Commander)

Loras Tyrell

Balon Swann

Brienne of Tarth

Robar Royce

Jorah Mormont

Areo Hotah

Warden / Queen in the North House Stark - Sansa / Bran

Warden in the West - Willas Tyrell

Warden in the South - Davos Seaworth ( yup double duty)

Warden in the East - Bronze Yohn Royce

1000th LC of the Nights Watch - Jon Stark Targaryen

I only used folks that at this moment are alive ( hopefully I didn't add a dead one, Cat still breathes)

Grand Maester: Samwell Tarly (couldn't really find a decent live GM, so Sam went on a fast track learning curve)

Master of Whispers: Olenna Tyrell / Arya Stark / Brandon Stark (1000 X 2 eyes +1)

Kingsguard:

Loras Tyrell

Balon Swann

Brienne of Tarth

Robar Royce

Jorah Mormont

Areo Hotah

Kingsguard:

Loras Tyrell

Balon Swann

Brienne of Tarth

Robar Royce

Jorah Mormont

Areo Hotah

Damn SQL error My first double post.

Consort: Nope.

High Council

--------------

Hand: Stannis (This is the main one I feel strongly about. I think as Queen I would tend too much towards mercy and forgiveness. I need someone on my right hand giving me advice that tends in the other direction, then we should come to a happy middle - kinda like Davos and Stannis in reverse.)

Master of coin: Tyrion (he's smart with money, and it's little enough power that it won't go to his head and lead him to prideful idiocy)

Master of Whispers: Queen of Thorns, bitches!

Grand Maester: Sam!!!!!! (IDC about NW vows, I require him)

Master of Ships: Davos

Master of Law: I think a Northman would do well in this position. Bran, perhaps, or someone from one of the minor houses (er, not Bolton).

Queensguard:

---------------

Barristan Selmy (LC)

Brienne of Tarth (next LC once Barristan bites it)

Jamie Lannister (sounds idiotic I know, but I think Brienne can keep him in line)

Grey Worm (get some Unsullied love up in here - an dwho better suited to take a vow of celebacy :P)

Jorah Mormont (though IMO he needs to take the black and rise to LC, but if he chooses not to I'd take him as KG)

Loras Tyrell (young blood)

Areo Hotah (zzz the man is boring as a brick but I suppose he's good at protecting people)

I've got a lack of imagination there.... I stuck when I try to name a king. It always comes out as Robert Baratheon the first of his name...

but I'm so much better when I use forum's members in the list!!!

That's why you make him king, who is he going to betray there?

Himself, obviously...

People who have become nearly all-powerful when pulling strings from the back seat often crash spectacularly when they try to lead openly; Littlefinger has become very good manipulating those above him, but, if he where to become king, he would have to lead openly, and would need to develope an entirely new set of skills...starting by learning to appear trustworthy and honorable, a thing he hasn´t even bothered to try, despite it being very useful to somebody in his current position...

Littlefinger has survived and profitted by being useful and appearing harmless to those above him, despite being unloyal, but those features wouldn´t work for a leader: he would have to recreate his own image completely and truth to be told, he is not a good actor; he lets everybody see his true nature; the problem is, the westerosi nobility are unable to understand his "soft power", that comes from manipulation, information and money, instead of brute force, lands, lineage and personal bonds of loyalty, so they all understimate him and dismiss him as a threat, so they all use him despite knowing he is untrustworthy...but, if he became king, on the other hand, it would be the end of his game, he would be in the open...

King:Myself

Hand of the King:Tywin Lannister-Shows exeptional skills

Wizard of the Court:Samwell Tarly-I believe he will be a wizard in the end of The Winds of Winter

Master of Laws:Jon Snow-It is a just person

Master of Coin:Petyr Baelish-Shows exeptional skills

Master of Ships:Euron Greyjoy-basically the best sailor voyaged hundreds of times untouched through the Valyrian Sea

Master of Whispers:Melisandre of Asshai-secretly a second Wizard of the Court.I need as much as I can.

The Weirwood Guard:Is made of 9 people,as 9 is a symbolic number in norse mythology.There are 2 Masters of the Blade(cos blades vary from 1h to 2h swords and Daggers),1 Master of Throwing Axe,1 Master of Battle Axe,1 Master of Lance,1 Master of Spear,1 Master of Crossbow,1 Master of Bow and 1 Master of Mace/Flail/Club/Warhammer.It is led by the Grandmaster,which is the most able fighter and can take 9 of them at the same time.They can marry,have babies do whatever they want as long as they obey my commands.

Master of Blade:Syrio Forel

Master of Blade:Arya Stark(And Grandmaster of the Weirwood Guard)

Master of Throwing Axe:Asha Greyjoy

Master of Battle Axe:Victarion Greyjoy

Master of Lance:Loras Tyrell

Master of Spear:Oberyn Martell

Master of Crossbow:Tyrion Lannister

Master of Bow:Theon Greyjoy

Master of Mace/Flail/Club/Warhammer:Gregor Clegane

Hand of the King: Lord Stannis Baratheon

Grand Maester: Cressen

Master of Whisperers: Lady Olenna Tyrell

Master of Laws: Lord Eddard Stark

Master of Ships: Lord Davos Seaworth

Master of Coin: Lord Tyrion Lannister

Kingsguard:

1. Lord-Commander Brynden Tully

2. Ser Barristan Selmy

3. Ser Brienne

4. Ser Balon Swann

5. Ser Lyn Corbray

6. Ser Addam Marbrand

7. Ser Robar Royce

Queen: Shireen Baratheon

Consort: Rickon Stark

Hand of the Queen: Davos Seaworth

Master of Laws: Axell Florent

Master of Coin: Devan Seaworth

Master of Ships: Marlon Manderly

Master of Whispers:Melisandre of Asshai

Queensguard:

1. Lord Commander Loras Tyrell

2. Alysane Mormont

3. Garth Hightower

4. Meera Reed

5. Devan Seaworth

6. Hother "Whoresbane" Umber

7. Edric Storm

Heads of Varys, Illyrio Mopatis and his descendant(s) and other usurpers on spikes.

Lord Commander of the Nights Watch: Tyrion Lannister

Warden of the North: Jon Stark

Queen: he definitely needs a better wife. Maybe Val? It would seal his alliance with the wildlings.

Hand: Davos

Master of Coin: Tycho or someone else from Braavos

Master of Whispers: Arya

Master of Ships: Davos can double for this one or if not, take Victarion.

Master of Laws: Stannis needs no master of laws, he IS THE LAW®.

Grand Maester: Pylos seems a decent guy.

High Septon: Meribald

Kingsguard:

LC Barristan

Brienne, Jaime, Blackfish, Garlan, Areo (after Doran dies, he needs a new job), Loras (after losing his prettiness and becoming a BAMF)

LC: Jon

Maester at the Wall: Sam

Lord Steward: Edd

Stark in Winterfell: Rickon, with Northern lords and ladies guarding him wisely

New ruler of the former Bolton lands: Sansa

Casterly Rock: Tommen

Highgarden: Willas

Dorne: Trystane and Myrcella

Stormlands: Shireen and Edric Storm

Dragonstone: a new boy from Stannis' second wife

The Vale: Bronze Yohn Royce

Riverrun: Edmure