Show your support for the series on HBO's Facebook page

Werthead

As we know, a decision is expected on the full series within the next couple of weeks.

Anyone with a Facebook account who wants to add their support for the pilot being picked up can do so on the official HBO Facebook page here.

It will likely have zero impact (at this point they may have made the decision anyway), but if we get a few hundred comments that could be pretty cool anyway :)

I don't have facebook, but aren't the many comments and threads on this board any kind of indicator? Apologies if this kind of question has already been asked, I'm just curious to know if anyone has data on how many people from HBO has ever ventured in here.

I don't have facebook, but aren't the many comments and threads on this board any kind of indicator? Apologies if this kind of question has already been asked, I'm just curious to know if anyone has data on how many people from HBO has ever ventured in here.

Yes, and certainly the show's producers and some of the actors know about Westeros, Tower of the Hand and the other fansites and so forth, and I'm sure HBO know about that (and the fact that ASoIaF has a significantly larger fanbase than the True Blood books ever did before the TV series started). However, having a couple hundred people comment on the issue on HBO's official Facebook page (and we're already almost at 100) can't hurt, and might assist. At worst it's a sign of support :)

With over 10,000 people on each the two biggest SoIaF FB communities (lots of repitition between the two, I guess), I'm hoping we'll get rather more comments than that though.

Yes, and certainly the show's producers and some of the actors know about Westeros, Tower of the Hand and the other fansites and so forth, and I'm sure HBO know about that (and the fact that ASoIaF has a significantly larger fanbase than the True Blood books ever did before the TV series started). However, having a couple hundred people comment on the issue on HBO's official Facebook page (and we're already almost at 100) can't hurt, and might assist. At worst it's a sign of support :)

With over 10,000 people on each the two biggest SoIaF FB communities (lots of repitition between the two, I guess), I'm hoping we'll get rather more comments than that though.

I didn't know that, (but then again I'm not a big fan of true blood, I'm ambivalent to the series being televised, but that has to do with quality and not the change of medium).

Yeah, won't argue that it couldn't hurt. I wasn't even aware ASoIaF had so many different sites. I now know what to do with the rest of my evening, thanks for your reply.

Won't hurt, anyways, and if they're coming to the critical decision making point, perhaps a fresh sign of loud and excited fan buzz may help nudge them where we want.

I've commented, in any case. :)

Won't hurt, anyways, and if they're coming to the critical decision making point, perhaps a fresh sign of loud and excited fan buzz may help nudge them where we want.

I've commented, in any case. :)

I've commented :thumbsup: , it is done.

I'm a little worried, with the recent news that Luck is getting the go-ahead at HBO. Didn't they have a program quota (which, if I've counted correctly, is now filled)?

Of course, if they do go ahead anyway with Game of Thrones, HBO has an unbeatable line up. Luck, Boardwalk Empire, Treme and Thrones, in addition to Big Love and Curb Your Entusiasm. I guess there's also the lamentably popular True Blood.

And The Pacific is debuting this month.

Archived