The Hollywood Reporter

elmis

[obnoxious pendant] Strictly speaking, that would be Gared; the wights had moved by the time that Waymar arrived. [/obnoxious pendant]

I too thought Royce at first, but I think you are right. Also, as another noted above, Royce's horse (at least in the book) was black. Maybe they didn't bother with that detail, it isn't exactly hugely important.

Yes, it is true.

AS soon as we can George to return to earth from the high orbit he went into when he got the phone call, I'm sure he'll be posting on his blog as well.

There will be pictures up soon - wert will guide us to the collection I'm sure.

off now to woot and sqee

Thanks for the confirmation, Parris. This is so effing awesome. Please send our congratulations on to The Man Himself. Hell yeah!

Whoooaaa!! Awesome! :cheers:

That picture is really cool too. I can't wait to see the first episode. This will be so great!

Hope to see some reactions from GRRM, B&B and the actors soon. They seem to have done such great work and I'm really happy we get to see the result.

Big thanks to everyone who made this happen and kudos to HBO for giving the project a chance.

Yes, it is true.

AS soon as we can George to return to earth from the high orbit he went into when he got the phone call, I'm sure he'll be posting on his blog as well.

There will be pictures up soon - wert will guide us to the collection I'm sure.

off now to woot and sqee

:grouphug:

Much love to you and George, Parris.

For HBO, it's not out of the norm. The recent season of Big Love has nine episodes, the last season of The Wire had ten, and the first season of No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency had seven.

David Simon's Treme, premiering in April, was ordered for 10 as well, and that seems to be the standard order for the hourlongs at HBO these days. The only forthcoming hourlong show that's been ordered for the usual, or the formerly usual, 12 is Boardwalk Empire. That's probably a function of the fuckton of money they spent on that, though. To spend so much money on a pilot, and on building those sets, and on that cast, and only shoot 10 episodes would be a waste.

Fantastic. HBO looks to be the Golden Horde at the moment, amassing troops for a full-on surprise invasion of television.

Ten episodes will be more than enough to cover Game of Thrones. The pilot covered over ninety pages of the book. Plenty of room to get to the remaining seven hundred ten pages.

It's surreal though. I kept crushing my hopes because I didn't want to suffer the huge let-down of the series not going through, and now...it's been greenlighted.

Dude.

OOooooh, this is going to be so exciting! Where is the SQUEEEEEEE smiley? Congrats, George and Parris. :) :grouphug:

I was in desperate need of some good news - this is perfect timing.

The only forthcoming hourlong show that's been ordered for the usual, or the formerly usual, 12 is Boardwalk Empire. That's probably a function of the fuckton of money they spent on that, though. To spend so much money on a pilot, and on building those sets, and on that cast, and only shoot 10 episodes would be a waste.

Also, let us not forget, Boardwalk Empire is a Martin Scorsese production - if he wants 12 episodes, they give him 12 episodes.

I think 10 will be fine for Season 1, I believe I argued this way back when. This would mean the longer books like Swords could be 12 or 13, probably. All is well.

Congrats to George and Parris smile.gif

The previous board user record was when the show was first optioned, IIRC. What are the odds we beat that tonight? smile.gif

I thought it was some random unexplainable night in June 2007. Did that change and I didn't know it? But otherwise, yes, I think we might beat it tonight.

Archived