The Hollywood Reporter

elmis

The behind-the-scenes "Making Of" is a definite. ;)

Don't know about extra scenes. Anyone have previous DVD boxes from HBO? Seems unlikely there'd be much in the way of that, unlike with something like BSG.

I just picked up their Deadwood full-series box, which is absolutely loaded with extras - in addition to commentaries on a good 40-50% of the episodes, there's a featurette on the real Deadwood, set tours, cast interviews, and an audition reel of Titus Welliver (Silas Adams, in the long run) reading for the part of Al Swearengen. So, probably not as extensive for a one-season box, but I bet we'll get some goodies.

Don't know about extra scenes. Anyone have previous DVD boxes from HBO? Seems unlikely there'd be much in the way of that, unlike with something like BSG.

I'll have to double-check, but I think they don't do much in the way of deleted scenes, because HBO have a lot of wriggle-room on their episode lengths. The shortest episode of The Wire was about 44 minutes long and the longest was almost 90 minutes, so they don't really need to chop scenes out unless they're actually rubbish or artistically redundant, which would also likely limit their chances of appearing on the DVD.

Awesome!

I didn'treally want to believe that the hype that the pilot generated would be enough. This is goint to

be LEGEND-wait-for-it-DARY.

One year can't pass fast enough.

full_of_win.jpg pretty much describes my feeling right now. :D

Toasting on epic bread!

The Wire complete box had some nice extras, but not too much. I hear it's the exact same extras that are on the individual season boxes. In addition to commentaries on several episodes per season, I think there might have been a total of a few hours additional content, mostly interviews and such.

This really is amazing. I am even a little misty-eyed. Husband, who has never read the books, is even excited as he looks at all the actors involved. I think he is pricing HBO right now.

I'm excited because now I can have my husband watch the show with me. He is being stubborn and not reading the books, but I know he'll not be able to resist getting into the show.

I just hopped back online to see this news, and I'm grinning like a fool. Awesome awesome awesome. I'm so happy for you, George and Parris, and Dan and Dave! Let the real celebrating commence...cuz you know no one can party down like us BwBers! I predict numerous first episode screening parties around the country (and worldwide!)

Elio, I see others have answered you already, but the main thing I love about HBO boxes are the commentary tracks. Usually really insightful stuff. Not much on deleted scenes, true, but I can see something (a short) on the special effects, and of course the Making Of. Yay!

I'm excited because now I can have my husband watch the show with me. He is being stubborn and not reading the books, but I know he'll not be able to resist getting into the show.

Mine already agreed to watch the TV show with me if it got picked up and he loves to make fun of me for my nerdy SF&F bent. :cheers:

Mine already agreed to watch the TV show with me if it got picked up and he loves to make fun of me for my nerdy SF&F bent. :cheers:

My husband says the books sound great but they are too long and not yet finished(he's a very slow reader). He really is nearly as excited as I am.

I swear i read somewhere that the BBC would be putting money into this, like they did for the HBO series Rome. Which aired here at the same time. If they do then everyone can watch on bbc i player?

Yep, BBC has invested some funds into this, so one assumes it'll be airing on the BBC at some point, and then be available (in the U.K.) via iPlayer. But I'm pretty sure that it will air first in the U.S. by some span of time.

Holy shit! Fantastic news ... I'm literally bouncing up and down. 10 episodes should be enough to cover Game of Thrones and should ensure that the series moves at an impressive clip. Countless people have worked very hard to get it to this point, and have cause to celebrate, but tomorrow, your real work will begin.

Oh yes. Also...

...don't you dare fuck this up!

I swear i read somewhere that the BBC would be putting money into this, like they did for the HBO series Rome. Which aired here at the same time. If they do then everyone can watch on bbc i player?

Rome aired first in the USA by about six months before it came to the UK. However, it did suffer badly in the illegal download stakes because of that. Hopefully the BBC has learned from that mistake and will air the series more quickly this time around.

Yep, BBC has invested some funds into this, so one assumes it'll be airing on the BBC at some point, and then be available (in the U.K.) via iPlayer. But I'm pretty sure that it will air first in the U.S. by some span of time.

Broadcasters are finally coming around to the effect of the internet and bootlegs on their release schedules for shows: we in he US used to have to wait a good 6 months or more to see Dr. Who episodes broadcast on SciFi. Now, BBC America is showing them only a week after they premier in the U.K. Before that, I'm sure they lost a ton of viewers due to those who couldn't wait and were downloading them or finding bootleg DVD's. People are willing to wait a week, but 6 months to a year? Not so much.

My guess is the BBC will air this no more than a week or so after they air in the U.S. It could even be simultaneous. It would be stupid not to, they would be just losing ratings to pirating.

Archived