The Hollywood Reporter

elmis

Rome aired first in the USA by about six months before it came to the UK. However, it did suffer badly in the illegal download stakes because of that. Hopefully the BBC has learned from that mistake and will air the series more quickly this time around.

Something definitely worth considering.

Cool beans! Hey, am I crazy or is that a still of Waymar Royce riding in to investigate the dead Wildlings in AGOT's prologue accompanying this story?! I think it looks good :thumbsup:

[obnoxious pendant] Strictly speaking, that would be Gared; the wights had moved by the time that Waymar arrived. [/obnoxious pendant]

That's alright! I generally don't mind when people put on their Captain Pedant cape (as long as they're nice about it like you were). When I looked at the picture I immediately assumed it was Royce so thanks for setting me straight :) Besides, wasn't Royce's horse black? I can't remember, it's been several years since I read or listened to AGOT...

I too thought Royce at first, but I think you are right. Also, as another noted above, Royce's horse (at least in the book) was black. Maybe they didn't bother with that detail, it isn't exactly hugely important.

So it does. Clearly, this still proves that the show is shit and must be boycotted. :P

Somehow I really love that the first picture released for the series is a bunch of dead guys in the snow...it is fitting.

Well, this little mystery has been solved (at least for me). According to the picture caption Jamie Campbell Bower is the guy on the horse and according to Winteriscoming.net Bower is cast as Waymar Royce. So, it looks like some details were changed like his horse changing from black to white, etc. Of course, this is quite normal and I'm still stoked! :thumbsup:

We drank fancy beer tonight (for the record, a 1996 Thomas Hardy Ale) to celebrate the news. Congrats again to everyone involved in this project -- the actors, Dave and Dan, the crew, GRRM, Parris...all of the fans who've kept the buzz alive. :) :cheers:

Fuck, I don't even like TV all that much and I'm looking forward to ordering HBO.

Spectacular news! I wish I had read my RSS earlier instead of being on a shitty field trip in the rain, but this totally makes up for that and anything else bad that happens this week. :cheers: :pimp: :hat: :cheers:

This board needs more jumping up and down smileys. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Well, this little mystery has been solved (at least for me). According to the picture caption Jamie Campbell Bower is the guy on the horse and according to Winteriscoming.net Bower is cast as Waymar Royce. So, it looks like some details were changed like his horse changing from black to white, etc. Of course, this is quite normal and I'm still stoked! :thumbsup:

It looks nothing like JCB, and it's not him. The caption says Will, who is played by Bronson Webb, who it does look like. So I guess Waymar may still have a black horse.

This is fantastic news!

Congrats George & Parris!

I don't think the other half was too happy when I switched on the computer and started "whooping" at it at 5.30am... but I can be forgiven for that, I'm sure.

YAY!

I too think that 10 episodes is more than enough for AGOT - but it does increase the scope of extending the run of the other seasons (providing the ratings are good) for both 2 & 3.

Also thats picture makes me SO happy - it looks awesome :D

Archived