The Premiere

Padraig

The countdown to the premier begins. I'm sure there will be a bit of a bash in the US when this series comes out. I need to be there! :thumbsup:

You wanna come stay with us? You're more than welcome to. Mav would love a little Irishman playmate. And he already knows how to say "Blame Pod." :P

We need to have major Pilot parties across the U.S.. Here in NYC I suggest renting a space for all to come, or- is there anyone out there who has a big TV and willing to take a chance to have a pilot party with all us crazy fans??... We'll bring the booze and nachos, I swear! :cheers:

It'll be so fun, really. :D

We need to have major Pilot parties across the U.S.. Here in NYC I suggest renting a space for all to come, or- is there anyone out there who has a big TV and willing to take a chance to have a pilot party with all us crazy fans??... We'll bring the booze and nachos, I swear! :cheers:

It'll be so fun, really. :D

Hmmm....one of my friends has an awesome penthouse pad and the building even has a large screening room with a projection screen and stuff. Also, it's in an area that is set up for parties that tenants can sign the space out for. Pool table, bar, etc. She is a big fan of the books, too, so it might be possible to persuade her to hold something there.

Edit: It also occurs to me that we might be able to get some HBO muckety-mucks involved or have them show up if we do something big or even semi-big for the New York fans, since their headquarters are here.

Hmmm....one of my friends has an awesome penthouse pad and the building even has a large screening room with a projection screen and stuff. Also, it's in an area that is set up for parties that tenants can sign the space out for. Pool table, bar, etc. She is a big fan of the books, too, so it might be possible to persuade her to hold something there.

Edit: It also occurs to me that we might be able to get some HBO muckety-mucks involved or have them show up if we do something big or even semi-big for the New York fans, since their headquarters are here.

Do you think there's any possibility that BWB would be invited to the HBO premier party of Game of Thrones??? If not, how could we organize this party? Who in the BWB group would be interested in working on this? I'm very willing to do whatever to get this party started... :D

Do you think there's any possibility that BWB would be invited to the HBO premier party of Game of Thrones??? If not, how could we organize this party? Who in the BWB group would be interested in working on this? I'm very willing to do whatever to get this party started... :D

It could be possible if they want to acknowledge the fans in this way. Might be a drawing for a limited number of people, though.

My friend is actually going to try and get me into the premier if she can. She gets invited a a lot of HBO things for work.

It could be possible if they want to acknowledge the fans in this way. Might be a drawing for a limited number of people, though.

My friend is actually going to try and get me into the premier if she can. She gets invited a a lot of HBO things for work.

Yes, it would be nice if we were invited. Whatever happens, a NYC BWB premier party should still go on. I'll start a topic in the BLB thread to see who's interested.

What can i do if I don't have any access to HBO to watch the Pilot?

Find someone who does...not sure what part of the world you are in, but even if you aren't in the US, HBO has channels in countries all over the world now. If they are smart, they will premier the show on those channels more or less at the same time as they do here. BBC should be showing it in the UK, and if smart they'll show it at about the same time, too.

Find someone who does...not sure what part of the world you are in, but even if you aren't in the US, HBO has channels in countries all over the world now. If they are smart, they will premier the show on those channels more or less at the same time as they do here. BBC should be showing it in the UK, and if smart they'll show it at about the same time, too.

I live in the United States, but since I live in a college dorm and can't buy HBO I was just wondering if I could stream it over the internet or something.

When is the pilot scheduled to be aired?

I can't say how PSYCHED I am to see this!! It's probably going to be disappointing. But as they say "sex... is like pizza, when it's good it's really good, and when it's bad it's still pretty good" will apply here.

I'd love to see ASOIAF done up BIG like Lord of the Rings. That would be amazing. Still I think HBO will do a good job.

When is the pilot scheduled to be aired?

Spring of 2011 - nothing more pinned down than that.

But as they say "sex... is like pizza, when it's good it's really good, and when it's bad it's still pretty good" will apply here.

Well, I've had some pretty terrible sex I would like to un-have, if such a thing were possible, but I get your meaning.

I think my chances of traveling over to the US has just been cut very short.... Just found out i am going to be a dad.

I might be pushing it too much to leave the wife with the newborn to fly away to watch a TV program....

I'm sorry to hear that. Sucks to miss out on all the fun.

Just kidding of course! Congratulations! :cheers:

Spring of 2011 - nothing more pinned down than that.

Well, I've had some pretty terrible sex I would like to un-have, if such a thing were possible, but I get your meaning.

Hahaha, well sorry to hear that :ack:

I for one(as a man) will say............"It's all good" :P

I can hardly wait till this is aired........almost as much as I can hardly wait until George gets the next damn books out! :bang: :bawl:

Archived