AGOT Mafia Game 72 - Adventures Beyond The Wall

House Targaryen

Tarbeck, NO VOTING!

This is a monarchy, not a democracy. And not one of those sissy twenty-first-century tea-sipping expensive handbag-wearing constitutional monarchies either. You have no voice.

We still can vote even if our choice doesn't affect your final decision. And we should, I suppose. It's called information, you know.

By the way, was there any reason you commented on Harclay's flattery, but not on Plumm's?

I have no problems with my sarcastic friend Plumm.

Hey, I've just realized something.

No matter what I do, I won't be lynched today!

This is great. No more trying not to put my foot in my mouth. No more organizing my opinions so that they're coherent and understandable. I answer to no one! I've never lived before.

Now I can indulge in all the scummy behaviour I want.

1-Role speculation:

I think we have six FM and paired symps. I also think we have a finder, a healer, and seven ninjas.

By the way, I think Vyrwel coded that he was the bulletproof finder in his post. Vyrwel, are you the finder? *poke* Are you? Are you?

2-Symp clues:

Quietly on reading Gilgamesh, your librarian expressed you also read Westerns yesterday chasing kangaroos.

3-Wishy-washiness:

So far, I think that Harclay might have been kissing up to me so I spare his life. But then again, I don't know. He could just be an innocent who's so mesmerized by my awesomeness that he can't help himself. And it's possible he might be joking, although he might also not be joking. I'm not sure. But I see that three other people have voted for him already, and the other lynch option is my FM partner, so Harclay it is.

4-Bad advice:

I think the kingmaker should reveal. Actually, why don't we all massclaim? Except me and Bracken are going last, because...just because. Also, all vigs should use their kill on N1. But don't kill me or Bracken.

5-Lurking:

6-Scum slips:

I think I'm going to execute Kenning tonight today...

7-Gender slips:

...because I'm still wavering on Reyne due to how he defended herself.

8-Impulsive role claims:

Hey guys, I'm bulletproof. So if a finder declares me innocent and I don't die over the next couple of nights, don't wonder about it. Now, who wants to counterclaim me so I can execute you today?

9-Overdefensiveness:

Wait a minute, Cerwyn. Why on Earth are you accusing me of being a killer-king/queen? I clearly looked at the rules and knew I could use red text to execute people. Look at the rule. There it is, Special Rule #4. "To do this the King just has to write in bold red letters something like 'I decide that player X should be lynched'." The joke only works if I use red text. Because see, the King uses red text to execute people. Isn't it obvious? Why are you implying that there's something scummy about that? You're obvious scum. You are misrepresenting me and twisting my words and trying to make me look like a bad guy! Well, guess what. I think you're the bad guy. OMGUS Cerwyn.

10-Flipflopping:

Sure, this may be a monarchy, but it's a constitutional one. Everyone can vote!

Come on, one of you suckers try to attack me for all that. You won't, because you're all cowards afraid to antagonize me. No, instead, you'll...quietly bide your time until tomorrow, when you use all the resentment over my abysmal rule to push me as an easy lynch. :frown5:

But today, I'm free! FREEEEEEEEEEEEEE! *runs naked through the thread*

We still can vote even if our choice doesn't affect your final decision. And we should, I suppose. It's called information, you know.

Um...just to clarify, it was a joke. As should have been obvious by the "sentencing you to twenty lashes" part.

In all seriousness (yes, I'm flip-flopping :P), people can keep an informal vote tally to keep track of popular opinion (I might take it into account when I make my final decision), although I don't know how useful it would be when FM can easily vote for their partners without any danger. Have vote counts worked out in past Kingmaker games?

How serious is this comment? Did you think I was trying to deprive people of information by discouraging your joke vote on Harclay? Because that last sentence sounded kind of pointed.

I have no problems with my sarcastic friend Plumm.

So you think Harclay was being serious rather than sarcastic in that big post?

...Don't get nervous or anything just because I have the power to kill you at my very whim, and I'm asking you a question. Don't get nervous at all. :devil:

Have vote counts worked out in past Kingmaker games?

Yes. Not that greatly, but it helped.

Did you think I was trying to deprive people of information by discouraging your joke vote on Harclay?

Definitely no.

So you think Harclay was being serious rather than sarcastic in that big post?

Can't say yet. We should pressure him to make an opinion.

Sorry people, I have about 30 cents on my internet account now and I won't be able to pay until about 12 hours later. Forgot to pay earlier, how foolish.

Probably, it's my last post for today.

I have an opinion, but I suppose there's no harm in letting Harclay answer this for himself.

Nah, nah. You forgot:

11.- Answering questions that have been made to other players

*is Grandison, only slightly less awesome*

I personally think that it's obvious that Harclay was being sarcastic, teasing me about the pressure of being the single decision maker in this fateful day. Of course, once I choose a guilty player as my lynch du jour then the joke will be on him! He'll see that I can withstand pressure and come out triumphant, glorious and right, rather than cave in to a slightly unreliable gut and shame myself eternally by murdering an innocent player in cold blood and bringing our faction to the brink of doom.

*stops being Grandison*

Dear Harclay,

The sucking up was funny once. Now it's just a tad irritating. Cut it out, or I'll be lynching you just as soon as I get that crown. :whip:

Love,

Cerwyn.

Eh... stop being a sourpuss. I'm RPing and having fun. When you get the crown you can lynch whomever suits your fancy.

I don't know if I've ever told you, but the only thing in this world worth living for is the knowledge that one day, in the future, we will all be able to be so much more than we currently are. Our imperfections will be cast aside in favour of perfect perfection. But will we understand where we will be when we get there? Perhaps, perhaps not, but the pursuit of the glories of the future allows man to struggle the toils and troubles of the present and edge closer to the tomorrow to end all tomorrows.

I don't know if I've ever told you, but the only thing in this world worth living for is the knowledge that one day, in the future, we will all be able to be so much more than we currently are. Our imperfections will be cast aside in favour of perfect perfection. But will we understand where we will be when we get there? Perhaps, perhaps not, but the pursuit of the glories of the future allows man to struggle the toils and troubles of the present and edge closer to the tomorrow to end all tomorrows.

Unless we're all eaten by wights. :(

People, please. I may be an absolute dictator, but I still have a heart. Mine is a reign of love, and tolerance, and plenty. Enough sniping at each other. It's time for everyone to hold hands, put aside their differences, and accept just what it is we all have in common:

None of your RP jokes are funny.

Just face it. RP isn't funny. Mine isn't funny. Yours isn't funny. We're all geeks on a fantasy forum, not comedians. Make your peace with the fact that everyone is groaning at our attempts to amuse each other.

King Grandison, first of his name, has arbitrarily declared new laws:

Rule #1: There shall be a vote count, and it shall work the same as usual, with one vote per player. And your king will do a half-assed job of keeping track of the votes, whenever he gets around to it (which isn't now, because I have to leave and I'm lazy). And His Majesty may or may not take into account your vote counts when making his final decision. But probably will, because King Grandison, first of his name, is a wimp.

Rule #2: Things are going too slowly. Seven players still haven't checked in, and I'm impatient. I feel like giving people a kick in the pants.

First priority for the lynch today shall be selected from a pool of players with six posts or fewer by three hours before the deadline ...unless they have a very convincing sob story for why they haven't contributed (Internet problems, influenza, cat dying, etc.). If no such players exist, then everyone is fair game.

Discuss.

In troubled times I have been known to pontificate on matters technical. As I ruminate, the very core of my essence becomes unburdened by the physical as the mind moves on to that higher plateau. This frees the self to be what it is - we can after all never be anything other than what we are, although the potentialities involved in becoming something new can be tremendously exciting to those who do not embrace a deterministic future.

People, please. I may be an absolute dictator, but I still have a heart. Mine is a reign of love, and tolerance, and plenty. Enough sniping at each other. It's time for everyone to hold hands, put aside their differences, and accept just what it is we all have in common:

None of your RP jokes are funny.

Just face it. RP isn't funny. Mine isn't funny. Yours isn't funny. We're all geeks on a fantasy forum, not comedians. Make your peace with the fact that everyone is groaning at our attempts to amuse each other.

King Grandison, first of his name, has arbitrarily declared new laws:

Rule #1: There shall be a vote count, and it shall work the same as usual, with one vote per player. And your king will do a half-assed job of keeping track of the votes, whenever he gets around to it (which isn't now, because I have to leave and I'm lazy). And His Majesty may or may not take into account your vote counts when making his final decision. But probably will, because King Grandison, first of his name, is a wimp.

Rule #2: Things are going too slowly. Seven players still haven't checked in, and I'm impatient. I feel like giving people a kick in the pants.

First priority for the lynch today shall be selected from a pool of players with six posts or fewer by three hours before the deadline ...unless they have a very convincing sob story for why they haven't contributed (Internet problems, influenza, cat dying, etc.). If no such players exist, then everyone is fair game.

Discuss.

What happened to fun Grandison? :thumbsdown:

Archived