All I have to say is....

Smoldering Hound

When you've reached the point that 13 year olds that never met you hate you, I think you should consider ending it. This new Pod will not solve your problems.

This post sounds evil. I'm an evil hateful person.

I am going to be a bit counter here, if HBO do Pod right the extremely talented young boy they'd cast is well within their right to feel flattered by such a t-shirt.

Seriously even though he doesn't say that much, Podwick Payne is arguably as demanding a role for a child actor as any of the Stark kids. He fights in at least two major battles (and at least one of which his involvement in crucial to saving Tyrion), shoves a full-grown man in full-plate off a ledge, has to be a nigh permanent state of awkwardness, essentially plays the poor straight man at the Mad Hatter's tea party that is Tyrion Lannister's private life, is later threatened with hanging and is a major companion to at least two POV characters (arguably they could build it to three by adding in some awkward Pod/Sansa moments) - plus despite not saying much Podrick has be memorable and make the audience actually care about him. To make the most of Pod you really need a kid who is a natural physical comedian - may I suggest we use our time machine from the 'Hollywood greats' casting thread to kidnap a ten year old Charlie Chaplin?

More realistically though a good place to start looking for a truly great Podwick may well be the kids who just missed out on being Bran Stark.

When you've reached the point that 13 year olds that never met you hate you, I think you should consider ending it. This new Pod will not solve your problems.

Actually, they have met Pod since he was at the Belfast signing thing last year.

may I suggest we use our time machine from the 'Hollywood greats' casting thread to kidnap a ten year old Charlie Chaplin?

I'd settle for a 10 year-old Michael Cera - seriously, his portrayal of George Michael Bluth really reminds me of Pod. All hunched over, closed off, low self esteem - perfect.

Archived