Melbourne Worldcon Attendance List

Stubby

As the hotels link is now up on the Aussiecon 4 website, I figured it would be a good time to start an official list of attendees. If you are going, please respond here. Discussion of the event, volunteers to assist in BWB stuff, bemoanings of the fact that you cannot attend and suggestions for party themes etc should be set out in the other thread.

Definite (Booked Memberships &/or Travel Plans)

Padraig

Stubby & laoise

Maltaran

morningsword

Mountain Goat

Ser Camaris

Ski the Swift

Paxter

gryphon strike

Azmure & Lady Azmure

Sneaky Monkey

Neal

Agnes Completo

Sarella (Khaleesi)

ithanos

JewBear & a Mate

Horza

Ace_Jones

stormborne

Jebus

Ingrid

Jake Stormoen

simanhada

Stubby & laoise

Maltaran

morningsword

Mountain Goat

Possible

felice

Eef

Mandy

Mackaxx

gryphon strike

Luzifer's Right Hand

Azmure

Hopeful

Tycho

Paxter

Curethan

Somehow I didn't even register a mention there. Screw you Stubby, that hurt my heart.

P.S: I am coming.

In all likelihood, I'll be there. It's not great timing for me as far as study and teaching go, but hey, I'll get over it. Plus there is the added temptation of seeing the 'G and maybe catching an AFL finals game or perhaps an A-League game.

@Stubby: it might be a good idea to post something in the Aussies thread, just to drum up some interest among the other Aussie boarders who don't check the BwB sub-forum.

@Swiftie: you just got pwned by Stubby :P.

This thread reminded me that I had not actually booked and paid for flights yet . . . but I have now and it was a good job too because the flight I wanted back to London at 10 pm on 6 September was down to the last 7 seats so it was lucky that I got one of them :)

Still got to sort out con membership, hotels and arrange all the tourist stuff I want to do.

If more people can confirm attendance soon then if we get, say at least 20 people? going then we could maybe start looking into costs to hire a party suite. That number is just a guess but I don't think we could reasonably afford a party with less people. I know this is not the thread for discussion of that, but I have included it here to try and encourage more of the "maybes" to get themselves sorted out sooner ;)

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll also be attending. Woo!

Yo Sarella, Good tidings, I'm coming to Aussiecon as well, I can't wait! I'm working on my costume now! Either lighting boots and the miraculous cape or something a little more dressed down, like leggings and a tunic (obviously embroidered with my house mark). Anyway see you there!

Mr.Last

As the hotels link is now up on the Aussiecon 4 website, I figured it would be a good time to start an official list of attendees. If you are going, please respond here. Discussion of the event, volunteers to assist in BWB stuff, bemoanings of the fact that you cannot attend and suggestions for party themes etc should be set out in the other thread.

Stubby & laoise

Maltaran

morningsword

Mountain Goat

Ski the Swift

Paxter

gryphon strike

Azmure & Lady Azmure

Sneaky Monkey

Neal

Agnes Completo

Sarella (Khaleesi)

ithanos

JewBear & a Mate

Mr.Last

Possible

felice

Eef

Mandy

Mackaxx

Horza

Hopeful

Tycho

Curethan

• 2 weeks later...

sorry i haven't been on in soooo long, but i too shall be attending and i have my car and few mates living there. i also know the city and inner north, east and south suburbs so we should be rocking. let me know if i can be of any assistance to anyone.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

Just booked flights and the first two nights hotel. As it looks at the moment I will be there Thursday night, all day Friday and all day saturday. Still need to find a place to stay Saturday night, or might just pop an energy drink as I'm set to leave at about 6am. In any case, would love to meet up with any and all of you and attend any parties for GRRM that occur while I'm there, so let me know when and where to pay for those :) See you all soon!

Jake Stormoen

Archived