World of Warcraft 3.3.3

Greywolf2375

and so our story continues...the intrepid heroes, faced with the task of the defeating the Lick King, watch Tirion Fordring get ice blocked. Again.

Dude. WTF - MOVE.

anyway, continue on.

Worst paladin ever. All he does is autoattack! And

(I linked the video of Goon Squad getting him killed by Precious and his ghouls, right?)

Productive night for me; got all my randoms in, got the warrior through his VoA25, got the paladin through his VoA10 (picked up healing pants I don't really need, but hanging onto them til I can assemble a set bonus with them). Also got Jaraxxus down for the paladin, so tonight will get me enough emblems for the T10 shoulders and 264 belt. And tomorrow (or a VoA) will get the DK enough emblems to hook the paladin up with 264 crafted boots.

The ToC25 I ended up in was kinda pathetic, despite getting Jaraxxus down cleanly. Every charge, Icehowl hit someone. We never wiped to it, the hunters were fast on tranq shot, but still. Then they let a paladin (a sucky one) take a dagger. Then a sucky warrior ninja pulled faction champs after he was denied a trophy (I think). Two more wipes on the champions and I said screw it, got out, did the DK's random and dailies.

Apparently everything in ICC got nerfed last night.

• In the Lord Marrowgar encounters, the boss will no longer reset threat after a bone storm and will now wait a small amount of time before attacking at the end of a bone storm.
  • In the Deathbringer Saurfang encounters, the boss is now less likely to cast Blood Nova on targets affected by Mark of the Fallen Champion.
  • In both normal and heroic versions of the 10 player Rotface encounter, the mutated infection ability will not be cast as quickly while the fight progresses.
  • In the 10- and 25-player heroic Festergut encounters, the malleable goo ability should no longer target pets.
  • In the Valithria Dreamwalker encounters, the duration of Emerald Vigor and Twisted Nightmares were slightly increased.
  • In the Sindragosa encounters, the duration of the instability debuff was slightly reduced.

I didn't realize the first 3 needed nerfing. Maybe Rotface, but once you get it, it's a pretty easy fight. I have not even seen Valithria so I have no idea how much this changes the fight but I imagine it makes it easier to get more stacks.

Overall a pretty terrible night last night. People completely lost their minds on Rotface. It was a sloppy as the first time we stepped in there. If it wasnt for the 5% buff we'd have wiped. Ooozes running all over the place. Festergut wasnt any better. Both tanks died, hes running all over the place killing people. Luckily we got a brez on one tank and we got him undercontrol and we had enough of a cusion to kill him.

Prof P on the otherhand was fricking textbook. A one shot and our cleanest kill ever. Thats with our Crazy DK driving the abom for his Shadowmourne quest too.

Then it was on to LK. People whined about going whined about flasking whined about doing every little thing. I'm either going to end up booting some people or quitting. I'm sick of it. This is supposed to be fun, not making me angry. We stopped an hour early and did the weekly then called it a night.

Apparently everything in ICC got nerfed last night.

• In the Lord Marrowgar encounters, the boss will no longer reset threat after a bone storm and will now wait a small amount of time before attacking at the end of a bone storm.
  • In the Deathbringer Saurfang encounters, the boss is now less likely to cast Blood Nova on targets affected by Mark of the Fallen Champion.
  • In both normal and heroic versions of the 10 player Rotface encounter, the mutated infection ability will not be cast as quickly while the fight progresses.
  • In the 10- and 25-player heroic Festergut encounters, the malleable goo ability should no longer target pets.
  • In the Valithria Dreamwalker encounters, the duration of Emerald Vigor and Twisted Nightmares were slightly increased.
  • In the Sindragosa encounters, the duration of the instability debuff was slightly reduced.

I didn't realize the first 3 needed nerfing. Maybe Rotface, but once you get it, it's a pretty easy fight. I have not even seen Valithria so I have no idea how much this changes the fight but I imagine it makes it easier to get more stacks.

All of this makes me think that Cat is coming out sooner than we thought, plus the inclusion of the buff.

It feels to me like blizzard is trying to get us to clear ICC -faster-, so that we can be prepared for Cat.

If by "prepared" you mean "bored with all the current content and ready to start leveling again", maybe.

Most of those changes are really minor quality of life things, which won't make a big difference, but add a little more error-avoidance potential. It's unlikely there are groups which were wiping consistently which will now kill the bosses because of those changes, but groups that had a guy or two die or the occasional wipe might not suffer those anymore.

If by "prepared" you mean "bored with all the current content and ready to start leveling again", maybe.

I'm pretty sure that is what it means.

I'm getting stupidly excited for taking back the Echo Islands. The more I read the quests/transcripts it just seems so awesome. I'm a little sad that I'll miss out on the gnome version, but I don't even have any classes I am willing to race change to a Alliance.

Obviously he's taking a backseat to my main realm toons, but I reactivated my DK, who is (gasp!) on Quel'Dorei. I also respecced him to frost tank and am picking up the ropes. Doing well enough so far, if anyone needs someone to run with. Since he's a tank now I'm leveling him almost exclusively through LFG.

Armory is broken right now, but it's Keane on Quel'Dorei.

Also, I don't have access to the Rune of Stoneskin Gargoyle (or Nerubian Carapace). Is Razorice my best option as a beginning frost tank? And do I have better choices for sigils than the starting one yet?

EDIT: note that he is 61, not 80. I don't really know most people's names there to message them.

The initial runeforges are pretty bad relative to FC/SSG, and pretty balanced with one another. They're in the same ballpark as far as sustained DPS, but Cinderglacier is much less frequent (less reliable) and much better when it does happen - which means a huge boost for your Howling Blast. But Razorice's debuff takes a bit of time to stack and really, unless you're raiding or soloing elites or something, things are going to be dead. You may find that the consistent small boost of RI works better for tanking than CG anyway though. If you're dual wielding, you should probably use one of each. Assuming Threat of Thassarian, and assuming I remember how they work well enough, you'd want RI on mainhand (since its static damage is based on the damage your weapon does) and CG on offhand (since all you care about is having it hit more often to proc more often, and with ToT, your offhand will hit with strikes as often as your mainhand). Or CG on the slower (yes, slower) weapon if they're significantly different; RI will stack faster with a fast weapon and slow weapons (when used with strikes) proc things more because WoW's proc mechanics are all weird like that.

All that said, the 2% (1H) / 4% (2H) parry runeforges should be available to you very soon if they aren't already.

The first sigil upgrades (or sidegrades, perhaps; I'm not sure how they stack up) are available as rewards from the obscure Venture Bay "PvP" subzone of Grizzly Hills, so probably around level 71 or so. All the others are either PvP or badge rewards and I'm pretty sure they require 80.

Gotcha, thanks. I'm 2h, so it'll be the 4% parry one. I checked and Swordshattering (my 2h parry runeforge) will be available next level (63), so it's about to become irrelevant, I guess.

Getting some compliments :) Healer in my last group told me it was nice to have a good DK tank, and that he'd hated all the others; hunter in same group told me he'd never seen a DK tank that well.

what shryke said, and also it's pointless for it to be a collector's edition if you just reprint more whenever someone wants them, and also why the fuck do you care about this

what shryke said, and also it's pointless for it to be a collector's edition if you just reprint more whenever someone wants them, and also why the fuck do you care about this

I want one and couldn't afford them when they originally came out. As for it being a collector's edition there are 12 million suscribers Blizzard could sell a lot more collector's editions and they would still be rare.

I don't own a WoW collector's edition, but I do own the ones for Guild Wars. Honestly I'd be pretty pissed off if they just started releasing more of them. The whole reason to pay the extra money is because it's a limited collector's edition. If it wasn't a limited collctor's edition then why buy it?

Archived