World of Warcraft 3.3.3

Greywolf2375

That is a good thing to do, and that tank needed it.

Granted one of my good friends does some of that attitude; he definitely has the gear, but he at least claims to believe in his manifest destiny as a tank or something like that. If the group wants to do optional bosses, well, they can find a new tank, because he will not do them, ever. Healer wants something? Too bad. I think he's being a jerk for no good reason (even the worst optional bosses only take a few minutes with a good group and still drop emblems and cash & vendor/DE'ables). Sure, I don't want to do Eck, and if one dps wants it, I'll probably say no. But the difference between going to kill Eck and starting over with a fresh instance... I'll just do Eck unless the group sucks.

Haha. I love when Tanks think they are the Leetness, and aren't at all. I can never decide if these guys are alts or just idiots.

The other day I got my daily in ToC with my alt shaman, 4500 gearscore, a couple of iLvl 200's but a good healer nonetheless (I think it helps that my main toon is a priest so healing is in my blood). Anyway the 2nd event starts up, where Eadric the pure comes out with his minions. The Tankadin stands right at the center of the gate and picks up all 9 of the mooks, and we promptly wipe. When questioned by EVERYONE wtf he was doing, he replies "I thought you could heal me through it."

I mention that with mind controls and fears not to mention dots, its a pretty tough group to keep under control. One of the DPS chimes in with "Get your Health over 35k and we'll start trying to pull larger groups".

Tank mentions that "If you all have a problem with me then drop group. You can wait 20 minutes for a DPS spot to pop"

I can handle Idiocy, but smug douchebaggery is my domain, and no one deserves to step foot in it unless they can back it up. So I whispered the DPS and we all agreed we would boot him before the Black Knight event. I got my guild's Main Tank to come in with us to finish the instance and everyone was happy.

:smoking: Very good feeling there.

At least you had the whole group on your side.

I had been questing as Shadow and when a healer position popped fro LFD I accepted and switched specs. I popped in, starting buffing everyone and sat down to drink while the tank ran in a pulled. So I asked if he could wait for me to get mana to which he replies "Fuck you asshole I don't really need heals!" (DK tank).

So I said "Wow I'm an asshole because I need mana?" at which point the shaman said "If healing is so hard for you I'll do it" Fast forward to two pulls later, I'm shadow again since the shaman is healign apparently the group wipes, everyone rages and quits, leaving me with the tank who is bitching about how the heals weren't good enough.

That was probably the most frustrating random I've ever been a part of.

I had been questing as Shadow and when a healer position popped fro LFD I accepted and switched specs. I popped in, starting buffing everyone and sat down to drink while the tank ran in a pulled. So I asked if he could wait for me to get mana to which he replies "Fuck you asshole I don't really need heals!" (DK tank).

So I said "Wow I'm an asshole because I need mana?" at which point the shaman said "If healing is so hard for you I'll do it" Fast forward to two pulls later, I'm shadow again since the shaman is healign apparently the group wipes, everyone rages and quits, leaving me with the tank who is bitching about how the heals weren't good enough.

which reminds me, does the cross server ignore actually work? I just can't remember if that was implemented or not.

Generally, the most frustrating randoms I get in are the ones where I am in healing spec on my shammy. The only reason I queue as heals is to get a faster group - with four toons needing a daily random, I have to save as much time as possible.

If a tank doesn't bother waiting for me to mana up after I announce it in party chat, or I get some shitty response from him, I generally drop group. Often the tank has already waded into the next group, but then that's his concern now, not mine.

which reminds me, does the cross server ignore actually work? I just can't remember if that was implemented or not.

I thought that it was implemented, but then how would you know? The randomizer is pulling from so large a pool of toons now, I have no clue if I am being grouped with folk I have run with before from other realms or not.

I thought that it was implemented, but then how would you know? The randomizer is pulling from so large a pool of toons now, I have no clue if I am being grouped with folk I have run with before from other realms or not.

You need to right click their name in party chat and choose ignore that way. I'm pretty sure it works, at the very least it prevent you from reading their chat, and when I look at my ignore list it's got a bunch of people from other realms.

I can handle Idiocy, but smug douchebaggery is my domain, and no one deserves to step foot in it unless they can back it up. So I whispered the DPS and we all agreed we would boot him before the Black Knight event. I got my guild's Main Tank to come in with us to finish the instance and everyone was happy.

:smoking: Very good feeling there.

I did this to a douchey hunter once in HoS. He decided he knew better than me what to pull -- I keep a pretty good pace already -- and kept pulling more, I asked him to stop, he didn't and eventually he got someone killed. I votekicked him right before Sjonnir. His friend stayed in the group.

That is a good thing to do, and that tank needed it.

Granted one of my good friends does some of that attitude; he definitely has the gear, but he at least claims to believe in his manifest destiny as a tank or something like that. If the group wants to do optional bosses, well, they can find a new tank, because he will not do them, ever. Healer wants something? Too bad. I think he's being a jerk for no good reason (even the worst optional bosses only take a few minutes with a good group and still drop emblems and cash & vendor/DE'ables). Sure, I don't want to do Eck, and if one dps wants it, I'll probably say no. But the difference between going to kill Eck and starting over with a fresh instance... I'll just do Eck unless the group sucks.

At this point I don't really care whether we do bosses like Eck. I'll put it to a group vote. If people want to do it fine, it's fast. If they don't or don't care, I skip him.

Not worth it. Learn to tell early if a group's not worth your time and bail before your blood pressure goes through the roof.

Word on the Interwebs is yes.

You need to right click their name in party chat and choose ignore that way. I'm pretty sure it works, at the very least it prevent you from reading their chat, and when I look at my ignore list it's got a bunch of people from other realms.

They're not talking about literally ignoring them -- the idea is if you ignore them you never get grouped with them again via LFG.

Just 4 shotted Putricide... On attempt 3 My intrawebs went out so they brought in another for attempt 4. So I missed out on my Plagueworks achievement, but he doesn't drop anything for me besides tier tokens, so whatever.

Now it is off to Sindy having cleared Velithria last night. Had our first wipe at 18% and now we're taking a quick break to facilitate focus for attempt 2.

If that dear dragon doesn't drop dead tonight I will be rather upset. I have high hopes as we've altered our strat a little bit. I am still worried that people are just too dumb though. I think I definitely prefer 10 man because you can ensure people know what theyre doing, as opposed to taking a warm body who can do 4.5k dps and has a healing side spec. Blech.

I'll let you all know when I've got a kill.

Seems like we've been suffering from the GM curse the past few weeks.

His internet kicked out and we downed Sindy about 4 attempts later. We had 15 seconds left on the enrage and about 5 people standing when she hit the floor. The fun of progression is so great compared to the frustration of wiping over and over.

So now we have all night tomorrow to work on Blood Queen, which I don't believe we've seriously attempted as a guild yet. Wahooo!

Three hours in ICC, one-shots of the whole lower wing, and Plague. Of course, we had the Blood wing weekly, which was within the realm of possibility, even after we wiped once on Blood Princes, but then the other tank got mixed up coming out of the first Bloodbolt Whirl on Blood Queen and ran into the middle and got a healer hit with Blood Mirror. She died and we wiped. Ahh, that's what I get for counting the gold and emblems before I actually had them.

We ended up wiping five times on Blood Queen, which was frustrating. But we downed her at the end of the night and did the gauntlet leading to Dreamwalker. So... that leaves us three hours on Sunday for Dreamwalker and some more attempts at Sindragosa. Then, maybe, the Lich King!

Holy shit awesome time tonight. ICC 10 pug, all strangers except I invited a rogue friend of mine, and I think I've run with one of the healers before. My first time tanking the content. Very friendly group and a ton of fun in vent, several of us not all that familiar with the content so we took it slowly and confirmed details of the fights before doing them.

Originally I was not the raid leader; I was also nominally the OT, but I was effectively the MT. Original raid leader left after... I think two shots at Marrowgar, just out of time I think. He left me as lead; I replaced two terrible DPS (both number-wise and situational awareness-wise) and we went back at it. 1-shotted it.

Then came the highlight of the night: a truly epic Deathwhisper. Not only did we 1-shot it, but our tank healer (holy paladin) went down almost as soon as we started and our resto shaman solo healed the entire fight. It was also quick even by Deathwhisper standards.

Couple of wipes on gunship, one my fault; we got it on I think the third try.

Didn't manage to down Saurfang, but I think we could have given a little more time. It was late and people had to go.

We're continuing Saturday and I'm starting to put out feelers for making it a regular group. So pumped, so much fun. I've run raids with plenty of groups. Some are skilled, some are friendly and fun. Finding a group that's all of those things is what I like best about the game. I want to succeed, but I want to do it with a group that's fun to hang with.

Three hours in ICC, one-shots of the whole lower wing, and Plague. Of course, we had the Blood wing weekly, which was within the realm of possibility, even after we wiped once on Blood Princes, but then the other tank got mixed up coming out of the first Bloodbolt Whirl on Blood Queen and ran into the middle and got a healer hit with Blood Mirror. She died and we wiped. Ahh, that's what I get for counting the gold and emblems before I actually had them.

sounds similar to our night, except the wipe on Blood Princes was a good portion my fault because I put fireball boy in a bad spot and didn't give myself enough space to get away from vortex's, so I got knocked into the wall, ran into the storch stand thing, knocked into the wall and finally got past it. Would have been keystone cops funnyish if I hadn't been swearing at myself and cost everyone their weekly.

Random DC's and lag spikes hit on Blood Queen, but for some reason we just weren't...on it. ended up getting her down, but it wasn't pretty. Did get the shoulders from Lootship and shield from Queenie though which were nice upgrades.

We went from annoying to good to bad last night.

So we've been 2-healering the first wing and swapping to 3 after. Well, our resto shaman, the only one of our regular healers who has a dps offpsec (the others are PvP Disc and Bear), decided he wanted to bring his rather undergeared ret paladin to the first wing instead. Apparently nobody bothered to argue with him. His damage was low for ICC, but not problematically low, so aside from some stupidity on DW, we cleared that quickly and smoothly. In fact, with our regular OT out and the tree tanking (short a rank of mangle, and as it turns out, also short Savage Defense, the "block" ability), it was smoother. She didn't need to be asked to taunt off of me, she picked up Rotface kiting in one.

But Putricide didn't go too well. Ok, she had to learn the abomination. How is it that, with the same dpsers, and at least one upgrade (the ret pally replaced his Quel'Delar with a Bryntoll), and a 5% damage boost, we weren't killing him any faster than a few weeks ago? In the end, we ran out of time, having failed at phase 3 a couple of times but getting there consistently.

Then we went after Ignis, and with the ret paladin swapping to heals, we sucked. We wiped twice and got a third healer. No idea what was going on, aside from the ret pally not being a good healer and the other healer slacking hard, I'm sure. It didn't help on the first go that I decided I didn't need to repair... and my weapon broke. I spent half the fight wondering why I don't have a backup weapon in my bags anymore, but everything else went downhill and we wiped, so I repaired. Took down Toravon to finish the night and skipped my randoms to try and make up some of the lost sleep. I think all I managed was not falling any further behind.

We ended up wiping five times on Blood Queen, which was frustrating. But we downed her at the end of the night and did the gauntlet leading to Dreamwalker. So... that leaves us three hours on Sunday for Dreamwalker and some more attempts at Sindragosa. Then, maybe, the Lich King!

Mack,

When did you join our raid? Because that pretty much exactly how our night went. We did have time to do Dreamwalker and Rot/Fester before doing a quick Voa at the end of the night.

I made out pretty well last night. Got the bracers from Gunship which were a small upgrade. I also got the leather gloves from Rotface, as neither of the rogues wanted them. But in VoA the sanctified shaman gloves dropped, so that left me with a few options. I just had the 251 T10 legs I also had the 258 leather legs from Heroic Beasts in my bags. So I used the T10 gloves for my 4 pc, and the leather pants for now, at least until i get another token and can upgrade the t10 legs. The mail belt from festergut dropped for the first time too, Went to one of the hunters. I think I'll just buy the frost badge belt, and wait for the heroic version. The belt and the totem are about all I still need for badge gear now

Then came the highlight of the night: a truly epic Deathwhisper. Not only did we 1-shot it...

Couple of wipes on gunship, one my fault; we got it on I think the third try.

To which I respond "lol what?" you can 1-shot Lady D but the Lootship gives you trouble? :o The only reason that heroic lootship gave my guild minor issues last night is that half the raid was playing jetpack hide and seek during the encounter, which actually made it really fun. :D

His internet kicked out and we downed Sindy about 4 attempts later. We had 15 seconds left on the enrage and about 5 people standing when she hit the floor. The fun of progression is so great compared to the frustration of wiping over and over.

So now we have all night tomorrow to work on Blood Queen, which I don't believe we've seriously attempted as a guild yet. Wahooo!

Sindy is much harder than BQL on both 10 and 25 man versions. If you can down Sindy then you have BQL in the bag really, just make sure you get your biting order sorted before hand, make a macro or something so you can paste it into chat when people need it. Shadow protect potions help during the bloodbolt phases. I heard there is even an addon that works out bite order or smth but we have never used it, might be worth looking for though.

Marrowgar, we managed to down on the second attempt. He's actually a lot easier on 25 than on 10. Lady D, we spent an hour or so on and were making reasonable progress toward the end. We're pretty comfortable with P1 now, but those explodey spirits in P2 are fuckers.

We gave up in the end and killed her on normal mode as we want to clear the whole instance again this week.

We had pretty much the same experience. It's a pain in the ass that such a decent fight is in the linear part of the instance.

Did VoA and got the T10 healer pally pants.

The 2pc bonus seems stupid (your heals are 30% stronger during Divine Illumination). It's only useful if you use Divine Illumination (reduce mana cost by 50% for the next 15 sec), which is on 3 min cd. I use Div. Ill. usually when my mana hit 30% (I use divine plea + wings + spell power trinket at 60%).

Am I just not using Div. Ill. enough in my rotation? But boss fights in ICC goes about 5 min, so there's really no time for more than 1 use.

I dunno, it just seems like it's sort of a place-holder for a 2pc set bonus. So I spent my badges on the cloak. :P

Did VoA and got the T10 healer pally pants.

The 2pc bonus seems stupid (your heals are 30% stronger during Divine Illumination). It's only useful if you use Divine Illumination (reduce mana cost by 50% for the next 15 sec), which is on 3 min cd. I use Div. Ill. usually when my mana hit 30% (I use divine plea + wings + spell power trinket at 60%).

Am I just not using Div. Ill. enough in my rotation? But boss fights in ICC goes about 5 min, so there's really no time for more than 1 use.

I dunno, it just seems like it's sort of a place-holder for a 2pc set bonus. So I spent my badges on the cloak. :P

The enhancement T10 bonuses are crazy good

(2) Set: When you activate your Shamanistic Rage ability you also deal 12% additional damage for 15 sec.

(4) Set: Each time the beneficial effect of your Maelstrom Weapon talent reaches 5 charges, you have a 15% chance to gain 20% attack power for 10 sec.

Both have an uptime of right around 25% on static fights like Festergut and Saurfang.

Set Bonuses have inflated so much. My T6 4 pcs was 70AP when I used stormstrike. :P

I've been waiting on a fourth token for weeks so I can complete my T104P. Till then I'm stuck with the stupid ilevel 264 huntard lookalike shoulderpads. I did get my BiS boots last week from heroic princes though :)

Archived