Westeros Blog: New Details from GRRM

George R.R. Martin has updated his official site’s News section regarding HBO’s Game of Thrones being green lit for a full season.

There are a couple of new, interesting details in his update: besides confirming that the plan remains for him to write one episode per season, and indicating he believes the show would air starting April or May 2011, Martin notes that a “return to Morocco is also possible, and other locations may be used as well.” It had previously been assumed that Morocco was going to be definitely be used to film the rest of the scenes on the eastern continent featuring Tamzin Merchant’s character, Daenerys Targaryen, but it appears that that assumption is wrong. The reference to “other locations” could mean that sites in Scotland such as the previously-used Doune Castle—where the fact that the site was open to the public led to certain leaks which were said to have annoyed HBO and the production team—have just as uncertain a future, doubtless for budgetary reasons.

Visit the Site!

I hope they don't return to Morocco - Israel has forts and deserts! Use Israel! I want in on this! I'll be the kid with the finger up his nose! Just age him up a bit!

I should probably include some funny comment here, but I can't think of one.

Well Merroco has a Jerusalam that they can destroy. I know for the piolet they used a lot of the old Kingdome of heaven sets, which I'm sure saved them a shitload of cash. But once they get to the Dothraki sea, I can see them, moving all that to NI with the rest of the production since its really grassy and whatnot.

Archived