List of required Season 1 soundstage sets

One of the things that the show producers and directors are going to have to do (or have already done) is plan for what indoor and soundstage sets will have to be constructed in order to shoot the first season. I would imagine that this is done with an eye towards re-using sets whenever possible, rather than constructing a set that would only be used once, or in a single episode.

Let's list the sets that are expected to be used:

Winterfell

Bran's room

Hallway with window (for Jon/Arya encounter and other encounters, as required)

Crypt

Maester's quarters?

Do we need others?

Red Keep

Throne Room

Room where the Small Council meets (is this the same as the throne room?)

Ned's quarters

Tyrion's chamber

Sansa's chamber

Cersei's chamber?

Hallways/corridors for various encounters

Place where Arya and Syrio Forel train

Courtyard

Godswood

Place where Arya encounters Varys and I___ M___.

Black Cells

Do we need a sept/chapel?

Other Kings Landing locations

Gendry's blacksmith shop

Whorehouse (at least two: one for Shae, one for Catelyn/Ned/Littlefinger)

Flea bottom street

Execution place

Anything else?

Riverrun

Large common room where Robb gets proclaimed King in the North

Hoster Tully's chamber

Cateyln's chamber

Others?

The Eyrie

Some sort of approach to the Eyrie: the basket, perhaps

Room with the moon door

Location of Tyrion's trial by combat

Sky cells

Others? (I don't think we need to see, say, Robert Arryn's chambers in S1)

East Continent

Interior of Dokrathi tent

Tent where Drogo lays after his injury

Mountains of the Moon/crones area

Drogo's pyre

The Wall

Training yard

Common/eating room

Jeor Mormont's quarters

Other Locations

Interior common room at the Inn of the Crossroads

Walder Frey's audience room at the Twins

Interior of Tywin Lannister's tent

Interior of Cersei's wheelhouse

Ship that Catelyn takes to get to King's Landing (really necessary, or can this just be handled in dialogue?)

Location where Cersei insists that Sansa's wolf get killed

Just at first glacne I can see that most of the rooms in the castals can be the same set redressed, to change the setting. A bit of lighting could turn a short winterfell hall into a darkened redkeep hall and vice versa. You could just move the statues in and get your crypt, maybe even have a crypt hall that works for both the red keep and winterfell. Big thronroom like places can be mostly CG sets since they are large and empty, that saves a vast amount of space. Maybe build one and then repurpuse a lot of it with dressing and angles etc, which would be that hard if they build everything with that in mind.

And to be honist most castals look similer on the inside so some lights diffrent tables and wall hanggings and bam new room.

I would guess they wouldnt need to build a wall for every room. I could see them building walls in 20' sections (as an example). So for Brans scene they use 3 sections to make his room.

Need a change; add tapestries, some wall sconces, a fake archway, a fake door, and so on. They could use them for hallways for that matter, just put 3 sections together per side and put a fake door at the end, or a greenscreen.

I would think everything would be modular on the set. So Brans bed could be used for Sansa's for example. Just change the posts, add different fabric for the canopy, more pillows, different quilt (blanket) ect.

Hell, if they want to be really efficient, have one side of a quilt with one type of pattern and the other side with a different one, (like those inside-out jackets that you use to be able to buy).

Edit: Course I misread your post, oops.

Winterfell-

I think theyre going to need a godswood.

Possibly a recreation of the feast hall.

Rookery for the ravens.

The Wall-

Im almost positive the will need a section of the top of the wall.

Also fairly certain the will build a 30'+ vertical section of the wall for the cage and scaffolding, so the camera can follow them going up.

Rookery for the ravens.

Eastern Continent-

The town where Dany saves Mirri Maz Duur

Archived