NYC Game of Thrones premier party?

fitheach

Doesn't mean it's not happening, mind, but I just haven't heard anything. You'd think they'd do some sort of premiere event in NYC... but, OTOH, that may be a VIP, star-studded red carpet deal, and not necessarily one for enthusiasts as the Chicago event seems to be.

Doesn't mean it's not happening, mind, but I just haven't heard anything. You'd think they'd do some sort of premiere event in NYC... but, OTOH, that may be a VIP, star-studded red carpet deal, and not necessarily one for enthusiasts as the Chicago event seems to be.

I was looking up some of HBO's other premier parties last night and one of the True Blood parties with all the stars they had 22 fans attend as well. (they have had some really cool premier parties with and without the stars)

Yeah, that's what I thought- they'll have the actors at the NYC event...

We BwB'ers are a very nice bunch though, very cool- wouldn't cause any problems if we were invited :wideeyed:.

Just checking back in on this...strange that there are HBO events elsewhere but not in NYC. What's that about?

My friend with access to the awesome space isn't even going to be in town the week of the premier, so that's out unfortunately. (She travels constantly, unfortunately).

Ran, any chance you can contact one of your peeps at HBO and ask about this? Or they could contact me or someone else in NYC about it if that makes more sense.

Hi. I was living in LA back when Feast for Crows came out, and I hung out a bit with the group there. I just randomly heard from one of them, and it made me realize that there might be an NYC branch that's gearing up for the HBO show and Dance with Dragons, so now I'm here. I definitely hope some events get organized over the next few months.

BTW, I'm also the co-host of the Geek's Guide to the Galaxy podcast on io9. You can listen to the interview we did with George in Episode 22. (geeksguideshow.com)

-Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, George is talking about Merchandising in this cryptic post but says if it happens it's going to be extra special for New York fans, whatever it is. I wonder if it's going to be a screening event with other stuff? Pure speculation here.

I know that Scholastic used to turn the street behind their HQ into Diagon Alley for each big Harry Potter release, so who knows what they're planning? Maybe something in Bryant Park across the street from their HQ (there are often big events there) or the square right next to it?

Again, pure speculation.

Rumor has it that you'll be able to get a taste (and a view and a scent and a feel and a note) of the Seven Kingdoms in various parts of NYC. Including Central Park, maybe? I expect that'll be unveiled in the week or two prior to the premiere...

Archived