GRRM in Chicago

Ran

Any word from our maybe's on the Sunday nite dinner?

Also, anyone else going to be there during the weekend? I'm going to be staying downtown for three nights so if anyone wants to hang out and see the geeky sights, I'm game. There appear to be a few con parties planned on Friday and Saturday evenings.

Also, anyone else going to be there during the weekend? I'm going to be staying downtown for three nights so if anyone wants to hang out and see the geeky sights, I'm game.

I live downtown so I will be around if you want to hang out. Are you going to the Avatar event on Friday might?

I live downtown so I will be around if you want to hang out. Are you going to the Avatar event on Friday might?

yep, I'm gonna go to that. Would definitely like to hang out!

ALL - George said that one of the newer Wild Card writers will be joining us for dinner Sunday evening. Another reason why I would like to get a headcount in case I have to adjust the "priority list" count I made to the restaurant. :)

yep, I'm gonna go to that. Would definitely like to hang out!

Okay, I'll PM you later this week with my contact info so we can arrange meeting up for Friday. I'm going to come over directly after work and get my ticket at the Avatar booth and look around a little before the Avatar event.

I'm in for this weekend. I'll be arriving Friday evening and am staying at a hostel about 10 blocks away from the convention site. I'll be attending the event on Sunday, but hopefully you peeps will be interested in hanging out the rest of the weekend, too? Perhaps we can organize a meet-up for the Friday night parties?

Also, if anyone is interested, I'd love to go see Kick-Ass with some fellow Boarders.

I'm in for this weekend. I'll be arriving Friday evening and am staying at a hostel about 10 blocks away from the convention site. I'll be attending the event on Sunday, but hopefully you peeps will be interested in hanging out the rest of the weekend, too? Perhaps we can organize a meet-up for the Friday night parties?

Also, if anyone is interested, I'd love to go see Kick-Ass with some fellow Boarders.

Ooh, I was thinking about seeing if you guys wanted to watch Kick Ass. Sounds like a plan!

I'm arriving Friday afternoon. I think Lady N. will be heading to the con in the early evening as well. So yeah we can hit the Avatar Party friday nite

I'll be arriving Friday evening and am staying at a hostel about 10 blocks away from the convention site. I'll be attending the event on Sunday, but hopefully you peeps will be interested in hanging out the rest of the weekend, too? Perhaps we can organize a meet-up for the Friday night parties?

Are you going to the Avatar event w/ GRRM on Friday night? If so, depending on your arrival time, I could meet you near the hostel and go over to McCormick Place with you as I will be passing that way anyway. Otherwise, yes, totally willing to meet up later in the evening.

I'm up for this as well. Maybe Saturday night? Looks like the nearest best theater option is AMC River East. I'll check on movie times tomorrow.

Any word from our maybe's on the Sunday nite dinner?

Also, anyone else going to be there during the weekend? I'm going to be staying downtown for three nights so if anyone wants to hang out and see the geeky sights, I'm game. There appear to be a few con parties planned on Friday and Saturday evenings.

Can you please give me the address and name of the restaraunt (Greek Isles)...so I can map it? THANKS!

Are you going to the Avatar event w/ GRRM on Friday night? If so, depending on your arrival time, I could meet you near the hostel and go over to McCormick Place with you as I will be passing that way anyway. Otherwise, yes, totally willing to meet up later in the evening.

I'm up for this as well. Maybe Saturday night? Looks like the nearest best theater option is AMC River East. I'll check on movie times tomorrow.

I'm actually not going to the Avatar event on Friday because it is out of my price range. I might try to catch the (free) showing of the Dr. Who episodes starting at 8pm though, if I can make it in time. Anyways, we can all meet up afterwards for the after parties.

Saturday for Kick-Ass sounds great.

I didn't realize they are only selling 500 tickets to the Avatar event. It might be sold out by that time anyways. Really, I'm game for anything. I see there is a sponsored con party at the Double Door one of the nights. Looks like the Hyatt Regency is the official con hotel so that should be where the suite parties are. I'm staying about a mile away at the Best Western.

Have you seen the guest list? wow.

If someone gets a picture of George with Jim Shooter (who's going to be relaunching the Golden Key comics -- i.e. some of the characters he revitalized at Valiant), I'd love to see it. ;)

Okay I checked on movie times and locations for Kick Ass. Looks like we have two choices.

One movie theater is closer to where you are staying and you can book your actual seat in advance. However, its kind of in an isolated location and everyone drives there and its not really public transportation friendly in the evening.

http://www.kerasotes.com/Showtimes.aspx?SearchString=8146&SearchRadius=20&ShowtimesDate=4/17/2010

The other theater is further away from you but in a very busy and populated area and there are lots of public transportation options.

http://www.amcentertainment.com/RiverEast/

Since its opening this weekend we might want to buy our tickets in advance. New popular movies tend to sell out Saturday night in these areas. But if you all want to be more flexible and play it by ear, I'm fine with that.

Okay I checked on movie times and locations for Kick Ass. Looks like we have two choices.

One movie theater is closer to where you are staying and you can book your actual seat in advance. However, its kind of in an isolated location and everyone drives there and its not really public transportation friendly in the evening.

http://www.kerasotes.com/Showtimes.aspx?SearchString=8146&SearchRadius=20&ShowtimesDate=4/17/2010

The other theater is further away from you but in a very busy and populated area and there are lots of public transportation options.

http://www.amcentertainment.com/RiverEast/

Since its opening this weekend we might want to buy our tickets in advance. New popular movies tend to sell out Saturday night in these areas. But if you all want to be more flexible and play it by ear, I'm fine with that.

I don't know if Max Brooks will be at the con on Sunday, which is when I am coming...sooo, if anyone could please get his autograph for my daughter, I would greatly appreciate it! Her name is Breanne, and I can meet up with you at dinner. Thanks in advance!

Pics of GRRM at the con here and here (maybe others in the same photostream) courtesy of Google. No reports or news from the con yet that I've heard. Apparently he did a DWD reading but no word on what chapter.

Very cool. Anyone get to hang out with Garth Ennis or Jacen Burrows? Creative team behind Crossed, 303, and some other comics for Avatar. Can't really miss Ennis, he's very Irish according to all reports. ;)

Was there a Q&A after the reading?

Archived