Qucik and dirty 10 episode breakdown

10 episode quick breakdown (guestimates):

Episode 1: Begining to "things I do for love" plus dany wedding.

Episode 2: starts with everyone leaving winterfell Ends with: Dany gets ridden, Tyrion and Jon reach the wall, hound returns with mycah's head,, cat boards a ship, , Bran wakes up.

Episode 3: Cat arrives in kings landing, Tyrion visits the Wall while Jon sucks it up. Ed starts his investigation and meets cat. Dany owns Viseriys. Arya gets a dancing coach.. Ends with LF accusing tyrion, tyrion getting a chilly reception in winterfell, Mostly a wall episode with cuts to kings landing.

Episode 4: (that dude's episode): Enter Sam. Enter Gendry. The Tournament. Ends with Cat capturing Tyrion.

Episode 5: Begins with arya overhearing whispers. Mountain clan fights. Eddard continues his investigation, loses handship, . Dany enters Vaes Dothraki, owns Vis again. Ends with T anc C getting to the vale and meeting Blackfish, Ned getting cut down in the street by jaime.

Episode 6 (her episode): Tyrion's trek to the Erie. Ned's tower of joy dream. Jon talks Aemon into saving Sam. Ends with Tyrion meeting Shagga and friends.

Episode 7: Ned sends Dondarion after Gregor, figures it out, meets Cercei in the godswood. Visceris gets crowned. New recruits take nightwatch oath, ghost brings a hand.

Episode 8:Mormont vs wineseller King dies. Eddard gets owned. Arya's first kill. Sansa writes letters. Jon burns the tower. Northern lords gather at winterfell. Dany saves Mirri Maz Dur, who repays favor to Drogo.

Episode 9: Cat negotiates at the twins. Tyrion brings his friends to dad. Sansa pleads for neds life, varys visits ned in jail. Arya learns to live in fleabottom. Jon is given Longclaw. Drogo falls off his horse. Ends with Battle of green fork, and Whispering woods. Ned loses his head.

Episode 10: Bran has a bad dream. Sansa is alone.Dany attempts to save drogo, loses kid. Tyrion is the new hand, Jon stays on the wall. Robb Crowned king in the north. Dany births dragons.

Yeah, I know it's on WiC. That's me there too.

I posted this before, but....

E2: Arya and Jeoffrey- Jon's arrival to the wall -Attempt on Bran's life-Catelyn's decision to go to King's landing- Lady is killed and Micah's fate.

E3: Catelyn's trip- Benjen goes missing-Arrival to King's landing-Catelyn meets Littlefinger then Eddard.

E4: Catelyn kidnaps Tyrion-Sam in the wall-The hand's tournament-Viserys is crowned

E5: Jaime kills Eddard's men -Cat in the Vale-Dany assassination attempt-Tyrion asks for trial by combat and win it.

E6: Dany in Vaes Dothrak -Tyrion meets stone crows- Tywin and Rob armies-Tyrion meets Tywin-Wight in the commanders room.

E7: Eddard talks with Cersei at the godswood- Cat meets Rob and then Walder - Robert is injured-Battle of the Green fork- Renly flees and Robert dies

E8: Littlefinger betrays Eddard-Drogo is injured-Eddard agrees to "confess"-The Whispering Woods.

E9: MMD agrees to heal Drog and drogo gets worse-MMD betrays Dany- Beheading of Eddard.

E10:Jon tries to leave the wall-Robb lefts the siege of Riverrun and then becomes king of the North-birth of the dragons-Red Commit.

It was mentioned in the other thread that Jane Espenson would be writing the 6th episode. I can see that being a good fit now. She rose to fame as a writer on Buffy the Vampire Slayer and that show was known for its character's witty, funny dialogue. I'd think that is a good match for Tyrion's personality. It also probably involves his memorable meeting with the stone crows. Those guys (and girls :) ) remind me a lot of some of the monsters often featured on Buffy: Big, dumb, and aggressive often to a funny degree.

He would have us believe that watching him masturbate with a cheese grater would be more entertaining. He obviously operates on different aesthetic norms from the rest of us. ;)

He would have us believe that watching him masturbate with a cheese grater would be more entertaining. He obviously operates on different aesthetic norms from the rest of us.

:rolleyes:

If you're suggesting that watching someone masturbate with a cheese grater isn't entertaining, then I'm afraid that you are mistaken on whose aesthetic norms are out of whack.

Well 9.5 hours isn't all that bad for book 1. I think just the telling of the story comes out to 33 hours. I just hope they don't waste a lot of time on stuff that isn't very elaborated upon in the book. Lord of the Rings was even more compressed (not by much more though) and watching it didn't feel disappointing.

Casting looks pretty damn good!

Archived