Cast the movie(s)

Simas

I believe the make-up guys could make Warwick Davis out to look like Tyrion.

I think you found the one way they could make me not want to see the movies...

Okay, that's a lie, but Davis would be a horrible choice imo. There is, in fact, more than one small person in the world.

I nominate Sean Bean for Ned

Catelyn - Connie Nielsen

Cersei - Rachel McAdams

Littlefinger - Guy Pearce

Ned - Stephen Dillane

Tywin - Bill Nighy

Roose - Jason Isaacs

Ramsay - Joaquin Phoenix

Lord Frey - James Woods with makeup

Jaime - Brad Pitt

Mel - Monica Bellucci

Oberyn - Antonio Banderas

Sandor - Brian Thompson

Jeor - Sean Connery

Beric - Heath Ledger

Lysa - Kirstie Alley

Edmure - Sean Bean

I nominate Sean Bean for Ned

Oooh, yes.

My vote, for a movie, would be to go with mostly unknowns--some of the actors mentioned are great representations, but I think there might be a lot of egos and other issues, besides people recognizing them as other characters instead of the ones they're playing.

I think it should be done like Lord of The Rings, 'cause then it'd be awesome.

And so I'm not threadjacking....

I'd seen Nicole Kidman for Cersei, but someone mentioned Charlize Theron and I think I like that better. She's got softer features and a different sort of beauty.

I think Julianne Moore is just a bit too "showy" pretty for Catelyn. I'm not sure who to suggest in reply, though. Maybe Kate Winslet, with red hair again.

Natalie Portman is probably too old for Margaery now, so I put forth Emma Watson.

Patrick Stewart as Stannis is perfect. He even looks like the guy on the cover of ACOKs

Jaime: Brad Pitt

Littlefinger: Ed Norton

Ned: Russell Crowe

Tywin: Anthony Hopkins

The Blackfish: Mel Gibson

The Red Viper: Antonio Banderas

The King-Beyond-the-Wall: Jonny Depp

Cersei: Namoi Watts

Moonboy: Mike Meyers

Abso-tively brilliant! Each and every one is perfect.

And someone else mentioned Patrick Stewart for Stannis, I like that one too. He could pull that one off no problem.

oh and Orlando Bloom gets to play Ser Loras the knight of flowers :drool:

As long as he can keep to his role as the knight of Pansies :D

Rutger Haur as Oberyn.

Rutger Hauer FTW, dunno if he'd make a great Oberyn though...

Oberyn should be a more meditteranean guy I think, Hauer could be some River/Vale/North lord...

I'd rather see an relatively-unknown cast than the $10-$20mil/picture divas that seem to get touted here. Personally, I'd be o.k. with an animated series (with the time commitment and timespan involved it would almost have to go that way--and you could get around some of the tough issues--Dakota Fanning's wedding night with The Rock would be a little tough to film).

Apologies as my suggestions list devolves into a meticulously researched hot chicks post :D :

Cersei: Julie Benz (basically played a vampire version of Cersei on Angel)

Catelyn and her reanimated version: Connie Nielson. This has always struck me as spot-on casting.

Aeron Damphair: Ray McKinnon (The Reverend from Deadwood--just needs a smidgen more seaweed and fervor)

Old Walder Frey: Al Brown (Valchek from The Wire--petty, vindictive, with mean squinty eyes. What more do you want) He's also on that Commander in Chief show.

Lyanna Stark: Julia Brendler My personal movie Queen of Love and Beauty.

Melisandre: Jennifer Ferrin (relatively obscure Daytime soap actress--but has stunning features and is talented enough to move on to the big screen)

Brienne: I haven't seen a really good Brienne yet. My best lead would be Peta Wilson (La Femme Nikita tv show)

Oberyn Martell: Timothy Olyphant (Bullock on Deadwood--would be a shame to waste him on so short a role--but the hothead viper eyes are there)

One of the hot sandsnakes: Genevieve Cortese (lead actress from that Wildfire "girl and her pony" show) Real easy on the eyes.

Lady Merryweather: Ana Carolina Mexican soap star. Brazilian bikini model. Nuff said.

Kelly Monaco as Arianne?

ok I'll stop now. :P

Funny, I always felt that Patrick Stewart would perfect as Tywin Lannister. (You need a strong Shakespearian actor for alot of these parts.)

The description of the Blackfish immeadiately made me think of Sean Connery. (I still remember him from A Man Who Would Be King).

If we were back in the 70's I'd pick Alec Guiness as Sir Barrister.

My last thought is that the same actor should play all three Baratheon brothers, (to play up the symbolism). At the very least the same actor should play both Robert and Renly.

I think for the major roles of the Stark Children you would want new talents.

OMG :stunned:

Yeah, I'd try not to look at that too long.

I'd just like to submit Christopher Lee as Balon Greyjoy. He'd make an even better Aeron but he's too old now.

Also, if you want to save money, Gary Oldman could play every character in the series from Gregor Clegane to Sansa Stark. That man's got range.

I like some of these suggestions. And I agree you'd need some pretty strong actors and I think ones who can manage accents. Strong modern north

americian accents won't do. If you don't believe me "Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves" anyone.

Just to add

I think a slightly younger Alan Rickman would be a great Tywin Lannister.

He could deliver a line like "wherever whores go" and really make everyone want to kill him.

Cersei and Jamie might prove a problem. Physically they need to strongly resemble each other to really knock home the whole twin incest thing.

I would also go with mainly all unknowns.

Save your money on actors and go with a great Director

with the right vision, has read and loves the books.

Also you will need George to write the screenplays

for the movies, he has mentioned he would be interested

in doing this once he has finiahed the series and

if there was interest and the money was there ;)

Otherwise the movies will suck.

The Hound

If its my movie:

Jonny Depp as Renly, and Brad Pitt as Loras. Include a scene of Loras and Renly "praying" and then make Renly's death all dramatic and sappy. We beat Titanic in two months.

Christopher Walken as Tywin. Why? Its my movie and Walken is in it.

Ed Norton as Littlefinger. Because if anybody can pull off weasly, underhanded, perverse, turncoat, its Ed Norton. However nobody in the audeince will be suprised by it.

At this point I randomly give Anthony Hopkins, Geoffery Rush, Dustin Hoffman, Kevin Spacey, Gary Oldman and Sam Jackson roles. Of course casting is hard, someone who looks young enough to be Dany, but still wont get me thrown in jail, and a set of twins that are real comfortable with each other.

I was watching the (new) Battlestar Galactica dvd recently and it struck me suddenly that Jamie Bamber (plays Lee 'Apollo' Adama) could make a good Jaime Lannister? He has certainly has the build which would make him believable as a warrior without peer, is pretty enough yet still masculine, and has enough of a range as an actor to do the character arc from arrogant to self-reflective that we see the Kingslayer undergo (yes, the name is derogatory but trying to post a thread with two different spellings of Jamie/Jaime was making me go cross-eyed. And was getting confusing as to who I was referring to).

I can't say I picture Nicole Kidman or Cate Blanchett as Cersei. Don't get me wrong, they're great actresses and very beautiful, (and Australian) but that's the point - they are beautiful but necessarily sexy/desirable if that makes any sense. Cersei has to be both such that men would do anything for her for the price of a night in her bed (Lancel, Kettleback and Moon Boy). Someone in another thread mentioned Tricia Helfer (plays Number 6 in BG) for Cersei. I thought about it and I have to say I agree. She has to-die-for looks (she was a Victoria's Secret model) and her character is both menacing and sweet and loving, often in the same scene. Just watch the dynamic between her character and that of Baltar.

Edit to add: oh, and if he wasn't so rugged looking, Daniel Craig could have played Jaime Lannister (anyone seen Munich?). On another note, Vincent Cassel has the right "ugly-handsome" look for Sandor Clegane - those cheekbones give him the right gaunt look as describes the Hound in GoT.

Ned Stark - Buzz Lightyear

Catelyn Stark - Miss Piggy

Tyrion Lannister - That bloke that plays R2 D2

Stannis Baratheon - James Cagney

Tywin Lannister - Lord Farquahad

Dany Targ - Lynda Carter

Cersei Lannister - Jessica Rabbit

Jaime Lannister - Robbie Williams

Brienne of Tarth - Fatima Whitbread

Archived