Cast the movie(s)

Simas

Oh, I'm not very good at this, but...

Gregor Clegane - Alexander Karelin, the big Russian wrestler dude. I was always picturing him as Gregor (how do I do a link, ya'll? I could link you to a photo...)

Sandor- I am surprised nobody said Vin Diesel yet. I don't know how tall he actually is, but... Chronicles of Riddick, man... right attitude, and I think he could get the voice down, and he's got the ripped body.

Ned - I have to say, I like the notion of Liam Neeson

Littlefinger - I like Tim Roth in this role.

Loras - gotta be Orlando Bloom

Euron - Johnny Depp. He's already got the pirate thing down...

Stannis - I actually think Viggo Mortensen could do this role pretty well. Or maybe Ed Harris...

All I can think of at the moment...

Patrick Steward as Stannis might work. He is a good actor and is capable of the stern manner. Though I think he would fit better as Syrio.

Josh Holloway as Jaime is also a good choice. He has the height, built and manners to pull it off. And about him not having blond enough hair or green eyes, those two things are the easiest to fake.

Connie Nielsen as Melisandre.

Nathan Jones as Gregor Clegane. Much taller than Alexander Karelin, though half a foot shorter than Gregor Clegane.

Orlando Bloom looks younger than he is, but he does not look the part of a thin 16 year old kid. He has the knight of flowers part down though, so 7-8 years ago, maybe. The problem is that Loras will then probably become a horse archer. Not to mention the fact that outside Legolas he has failed to impress (not that his acting was impressive, but it worked).

Dudes there is no way that there will be a billion dollars just for this TV show ( because movie is impposible )

But lets see ....

Eddard - Liam Neeson or Russell Crow ...

Catelyn - Connie Nielsen

And about kids i really dont know ....

Robb can be the oldest boy from Narnia -_-

Arya can be Dakota Fenning ;) She is not so cute and can be made as complete boy ;)

Sansa Bran and Jon ... really dont have a clue

Cersei can be Nicollett Sheridan from Desperate Housewives ... yeah i know she is older but damn she is hot ... Angelina Jolie and others just wont suit !

Jamie is 100 % Josh Holloway ( BRAD PITT is so wrong for Jamie )

Stannis is that Patrick Steward ... perfect ;)

Oberyn is Antonio Banderas ... perfect ;)

Tyrion .... some ugly dwor actor i dont know any ;(

Melisandre can be Marcia Cross ... Bree from Desperate Housewives ;)

Daenerys ooooooo dont know Rachel Mcadams can suit

Queen of Thrones is Judy Dench ... prefect ;)

I steel dont know for davos Renly Loras ( orlando is not good for them ) Brienne , Davos ...

Oh yes Euron is Johny Maclkovich or jim carrey and Aeron is Christopher Lee

Littlefinger is ed norton

Varys is Anthony Hopkins

Vargo Hoat is Jim Carrey or john malkovich

on second thought, yup i think josh holloway would be best for jaime. he's perfect. i can't believe i didn't think of him? maybe its because i've stopped watching lost because it SUCKS now.

oh and also, this could never happen, but a young christian bale, maybe late teens, early 20s, would be an ideal jon...think about it. some pictures from christian's earlier films:

from Newsies

also from newsies

headshot

or he could have been great bran:

from Empire of the Sun

and of course, he could currently play: ned, renly, etc any other hot dude:

HOT christian

anyway, this guy is my absolute favourite actor of all time. he could play/have played (in his younger years) many a character from ASoIaF. thoughts?

just some ideas, keeping in mind this would never happen in reality and is purely for the sake

of who i think would be the best for the role. yes, a film production like this would equal $1billion easy.

catelyn=connie nielsen (gladiator- she's beautiful.)

asha=saffron burrows (some shark movie from the late 90s- she's got the manly femininity down) OR lena headey (from the brothers grimm- horrible movie, beautiful actress)

ned=christian bale (LOVE this actor- the only bad thing about him being in this role is how he wouldn't be seen for the majority of the films- assuming there would be several very long films- due to his death)

jon=em...kevin zegers (transamerica)? i don't know, i don't like many young actors out there these days and jon is my fav character so this is hard. hm..cillian murphy? oh i know this guy who would be the absolute perfect jon..he's honestly one of the best looking male specimens ever born. females on the board, if you saw this guy, you'd know what I mean. obviosuly i can't post his picture, but good God, this guy is NO jock/archetype of typical high schools, he is... .. a melding of the best looking male models. OK i'll stop now...but you all now know how i view jon? and my huge crush on him.

sansa= another tough one...oh maybe emily browning, from lemony snicket?

arya= em. lets see, perhaps ellen page? (she's gonna be in the new x-men movie) she's appropriately tomboyish/potentially pretty.

jaime=i have to settle for brad pitt of the actors i know, but even pitt is not perfect. maybe some as-yet-undiscovered gorgeous blond model-actor with an appropriate amount of arrogance? i duno

tyrion= the little guy from the station agent, with prosthetics and hair dye

cersei- ugh i have no idea...perhaps angelina jolie (another of my obsessions- i've been told i look like her but thats neither here nor there)-> she didn't look to be able to pull off blond hair (life or soemthing like it? yeah, i thought i was among the 3 ppl who ever saw this film) but she is very cersei-ish, non?

dany- perhaps rachel skarston...or rachel mcadams? they're both really pretty, and the latter is a proven amazing actress. Goooo canadians.

and so i could go on, but this post is long enough.

btw, i'm new to the board.

Jon's perfect I have to admit, for the rest, Connie wouldn't be that bad though I've always had somebody in mind with blue eyes and kind of brown-red hair, the dany's are tooo old, she's just 13 or 14 in the first book, also rachel skarsten isn't beautiful enough, I also think ellen page is definitely too pretty for Arya, with long hair, I would say more Magaery

After watching enough Brad Pitt, he would really hit Jaime perfectly, cocksure, blond, pretty, but a badass that the guys want to be. If you've seen Fight Club...Tyler Durden wears things no man should be able to wear and be cool, but he is....Jaime strikes me as that type of guy. And he's a great actor(see Twelve Monkeys, Kalifornia, and Snatch).

Christian Bale could play anyone, he's just that good of an actor, I'd put him as Sandor Clegane, enough makeup he'd be ugly.

Jake Gyllenhaal is too old for Jon, but a couple of years ago that's the guy.

Ed Norton on Littlefinger..you're right that's the right choice

Too bad Vinnie Jones isn't big enough, cause his face is damn near exactly how I picture Gregor. And he's got the attitude.

And please, Bruce Campbell has to be in the movie. Why you ask? Because he makes any movie worth watching while he's on screen.

More Bruce!

Definately Roose, he's getting old for TBOB/Reek, and is no fighter, but a great Roose. I'd just keep seeing him as Mr. Pink though

:lol: hell yeah Mr. Pink lives!

rumor has it he got away with the diamonds and that's what was in the suitcase in Pulp Fiction!

and Roose Bolton does wear a pink cloak y'know...hmm... :P

Definately Roose, he's getting old for TBOB/Reek, and is no fighter, but a great Roose. I'd just keep seeing him as Mr. Pink though

I still see Buscemi as Rattleshirt (unfortunately :sick: )

I've started watching Lost and I have to agree - the first few episodes cemented Josh Holloway as Jamie in my head.

He's perfect - just lose the southern accent and grow his hair out.

I'd like to see Christian Bale as Ned, the mountain scene of him with the blue flower in Batman Begins was enough to convince me.

I would go with unknown actors too but some real starrs would be great non the less. Jaime must be Brad Pitt (his arogance in Troy was realy great)

Sean connery would be great in so many roles and a role not too big he maybe would accept. (the Blackfish or baristan the bolt)

Also I really like Liam Neeson and sean Bean they fit in these kind of movies and are great actors without that hollywood diva problem.

But I really hope one day they do the movie and if it is as good as LotR it would be great.

Archived