Mafia 72.5 - Down In The Projects

House Targaryen

Why is my boss a white guy? :thumbsdown:

I'm your boss. And this is your vote count:

It is day 1.

13 players remain: Avon Barksdale, Bubbles, D'Angelo Barksdale, Detective Carver, Detective Freamon, Detective Greggs, Detective Hauk, Detective McNulty, Detective Moreland, Lieutenant Daniels, Major Rawls, Omar Little, Stringer Bell.

7 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

2 votes for Omar Little (Detective Moreland, Detective Carver)

1 vote for Bubbles (Detective Greggs)

1 vote for Detective McNulty (D'Angelo Barksdale)

1 vote for Detective Moreland (Bubbles)

8 players have not voted: Avon Barksdale, Detective Freamon, Detective Hauk, Detective McNulty, Lieutenant Daniels, Major Rawls, Omar Little, Stringer Bell.

Omar saying that he's Omar means nothing more than that he's obeying the game rules. All in the game, bro. And besides, according to the setup, the SK is after the bad guys in the first place, so we'd want to keep him alive a bit longer to narrow the field. I'm going for Bubbles, just for a random first vote to spread things out a bit.

Casting random votes to spread things out a bit - is this a common police tactic? :worried:

Casting random votes to spread things out a bit - is this a common police tactic? :worried:

It is in Baltimore. Can't find the right guy? Just grab some random street dude and beat a confession out of him. He's bound to have done something wrong.

Greggs reporting for duty. I may be badass but I have no easily quotable lines. :crying:

So, this being Baltimore, are the gangsters doing the night murders then disguising themselves as cops during the day, or is it vice versa? Could go either way...

Well as Detective Greggs, presumably you can supply the necessary doughnuts :)

Omar saying that he's Omar means nothing more than that he's obeying the game rules. All in the game, bro. And besides, according to the setup, the SK is after the bad guys in the first place, so we'd want to keep him alive a bit longer to narrow the field. I'm going for Bubbles, just for a random first vote to spread things out a bit.

Sure. We want to keep the SK alive. Makes live a lot easier, especially during nighttime.

*coughs* nonsense * coughs*

:thumbsdown:

Detective Gregg. This is a serious vote. I didn't like the way he suggested we not go after the Serial Killer. Sure the SK may kill the other bad guys, but he is just as likely to kill innocents, and since he doesn't have a partner, he's harder to track by associations.

I don't think the SK would be so bold as to suggest not looking for himself, but the attitude is not helpful.

Should a better option present itself before lynch time, I'd certainly consider a change. We have a CF, so lynches are important.

Detective Gregg. This is a serious vote. I didn't like the way he suggested we not go after the Serial Killer. Sure the SK may kill the other bad guys, but he is just as likely to kill innocents, and since he doesn't have a partner, he's harder to track by associations.

I don't think the SK would be so bold as to suggest not looking for himself, but the attitude is not helpful.

Should a better option present itself before lynch time, I'd certainly consider a change. We have a CF, so lynches are important.

D, how do you propose looking for the SK? What sort of behavior would you expect an SK to exhibit during the dayphase of a game that would make them different from an innocent?

Well, I'm glad you're keeping an open mind and not locking yourself into a lynch choice before the serious phase has even began. :P

Seriously, either I've lost track of how much time we have left or you're way to focused on lynching at this point.

D'Angelo

Come on, people, post! I'm bored.

It is day 1.

13 players remain: Avon Barksdale, Bubbles, D'Angelo Barksdale, Detective Carver, Detective Freamon, Detective Greggs, Detective Hauk, Detective McNulty, Detective Moreland, Lieutenant Daniels, Major Rawls, Omar Little, Stringer Bell.

7 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

2 votes for Omar Little (Detective Moreland, Detective Carver)

1 vote for Bubbles (Detective Greggs)

1 vote for D'Angelo Barksdale (Omar Little)

1 vote for Detective Greggs (D'Angelo Barksdale)

1 vote for Detective Moreland (Bubbles)

7 players have not voted: Avon Barksdale, Detective Freamon, Detective Hauk, Detective McNulty, Lieutenant Daniels, Major Rawls, Stringer Bell.

ETA: Thoughts posts are also welcome.

Unfortunatly there's not much to base any concret suspicions on.

I think that Greggs' "defense" of the SK looks a bit weird. However, an optimist might think that the SK is going to nail a killer on night 1. But it wasn't optimism why we chose to become memebrs of this unit, right? ;) That's why I expect a more professional behaviour by our lady cop in the future.

The only thing that I find slightly suspicious is this post here by Freamon. Feels a bit forced somehow.

Crap, I need more donuts and input.

check the back of the box to ensure that you're getting the authentic product.

:leer:

But anyway. Greggs, because keeping the SK alive early on sounds like a terrible idea. There's probably a place for it near the end of the game should we decide on who the SK is, but right now that strategy makes no sense, and for lack of anything better to base a vote on, voting for someone whose ideas suck isn't any worse than a random vote.

Well, Greggs' defense is odd (and wrong IMO). It's like he's implying the case on Omar had some merit to begin with - which it didn't at all. Then the random vote on Bubbles to spread the love. Why bother? If it's a random vote, make up some stupid reason and vote. If it's a semi-serious vote (to widen the vote options) what's the point? There is no reason behind it so it's not like it's going to convince anyone that Bubbles is a good option.

I also think Omar is right in calling out D'Angelo on his wishy-washy vote. Why bother to cover yourself so early on when nothing has really happened yet? That vote was soft as silk.

I almost voted for Greggs, then realized the only vote on him was coming from D'Angelo and that tipped me to vote for D'Angelo instead. Not entirely sure why, but I'm going with it.

I think that Greggs' "defense" of the SK looks a bit weird. However, an optimist might think that the SK is going to nail a killer on night 1. But it wasn't optimism why we chose to become memebrs of this unit, right? ;) That's why I expect a more professional behaviour by our lady cop in the future.

Can we all just agree that if we have an SK suspect we aren't going to let them go on the off chance that they might kill an FM, and leave the relative value of lynching either at that?

The only thing that I find slightly suspicious is this post here by Freamon. Feels a bit forced somehow.

Sorry to crap on your only lead but I really don't get how (or why) someone would force RP. Especially if they're content to leave off with two posts. I mean force twenty RP posts to look like they're contributing, sure. But force two? I don't see it.

A bunch of nerds trying to emulate gangster-speak is not something that I want to read or partake in again. Good lord we are a sad sounding bunch.

Hey! A bunch of nerds emulating something-or-other is my crowd of choice. If you don't like it go and play football or pick up girls in bars or something :thumbsdown:

Omar saying that he's Omar means nothing more than that he's obeying the game rules. All in the game, bro.

Maybe, but pointing this out is pretty useless. That vote on Omar was definitely not serious.

And besides, according to the setup, the SK is after the bad guys in the first place, so we'd want to keep him alive a bit longer to narrow the field. I'm going for Bubbles, just for a random first vote to spread things out a bit.

This is just stupid, and together with the previous sentence it's suspicious. Are you symping Omar or just fake-symping him?

On the other hand, this response is just plain awful. Nice and reasonable on the outside but wishy-washy and lame on the inside. Omar has the right of it.

Just to chip in on this: the SK doesn't know who the FM are, so they're much more likely to target an innocent if only because there's more of us (the setting won't influence his kill choice). An SK lynch on day one would be a very good thing. Hard to aim that precise, true, but the only good bad guy is a dead one, and there's no too soon either.

*shrugs* You think so?

But anyway. Greggs, because keeping the SK alive early on sounds like a terrible idea. There's probably a place for it near the end of the game should we decide on who the SK is, but right now that strategy makes no sense, and for lack of anything better to base a vote on, voting for someone whose ideas suck isn't any worse than a random vote.

How is keeping the SK alive a choice that we can even make? So that we don't ignore it, someone please explain what this early game SK behavior is to me.

*hopes for an answer that implies psychotic behavior because clearly that is how an in game SK would act*

You know, I don't like the pile on Greggs for trying to prevent the SK being lynched--I'm not even sure she was serious on that point. I get why her needlessly defending me from a joke vote bothers some folks, but I don't see her drawing any attention away from the SK. It looks to me like you're jumping on the bandwagon and using the weakest point against Greggs to justify it.

D, how do you propose looking for the SK? What sort of behavior would you expect an SK to exhibit during the dayphase of a game that would make them different from an innocent?

The same clues that help us find paired killers, minus the partnership. I started listing things and then I realized I was painting a roadmap. There is always something someone does that tips another player off. Reactions to things like serious votes, for instance.

Well, I'm glad you're keeping an open mind and not locking yourself into a lynch choice before the serious phase has even began. :P

Seriously, either I've lost track of how much time we have left or you're way to focused on lynching at this point.

D'Angelo

We have 12 hours, the last half of which I will be alseep. I don't find 6 hours of real discussion too much, do you? I hate the idea that we have a "not serious phase". Really, why delay the game that way? Hiding something?

Archived