Mafia 72.5 - Down In The Projects

House Targaryen

Re: Hauk's claim. Belatedly, I find it unconvincing. He's BP? Sounds like a convenient excuse to not get NK'd, regardless of who he was voting for during the day, and also easy to claim to have been protecting anyone he likes, if he and McNulty had full control over who was getting hit anyway. Hmm. These posts from the day of McNulty's lynch strike me as a good way of letting McN take the hit and for Hauk to get his hands clean and become an unquestioned VPI. The two of them are bickering a LOT at this point.

I was honest with my claim. I am not a healer.

As I said, I made the claim because I strongly doubt we have a healer or a guard, and as such felt that the time where I could win us an extra lynch (or the chance to use D's night kill) had passed. My power was essentially useless (would block one night kill, but we'd then end up choosing to go to night the next night anyway because of odd/even rule). Therefore the best it could do is offer up more information.

Well, that and stop anyone with a psuedo-healer type power from, say, assuming there was a real healer because of my extremely obvious, unsubtle code.

Admittedly, if I had been the healer, I probably would have claimed BP yesterday too. However, I would have healer Stringer, so...

Okay, so this isn't end game. Therefore while we can't take risks, we can afford to be less scientific than usual.

So, rather than re-read everything now and REALLY suffer in the morning for it, I'm going to do something I hate. I detest. I feel has no place in a logical game like Mafia.

I'm going with my gut.

McNulty showed all the signs of an over confident FM thinking they had the win wrapped up. A plan to lynch one, then the other? When two mis-lynches away from an embarrassing defeat?

Can I wrap it up in a nice iron clad case? No. However, it feels right. And the defence to it feels wrong.

I'll be back before the deadline anyway.

I don't trust Hauk's claim either, but I think he is innocent nevetherless. For now, I try to ignore all claims and evaluate those players by other factors. Agree thatunder such approach Houk looks significantly better than Bubbles and Carver.

What do you mean by "it"?

Hauk claimed BP at a point when it was not unlikely that he could get countered.

Countered how? Can anyone give me a good reason why that might not have been the case?

Re: Hauk's claim. Belatedly, I find it unconvincing. He's BP? Sounds like a convenient excuse to not get NK'd, regardless of who he was voting for during the day, and also easy to claim to have been protecting anyone he likes, if he and McNulty had full control over who was getting hit anyway. Hmm. These posts from the day of McNulty's lynch strike me as a good way of letting McN take the hit and for Hauk to get his hands clean and become an unquestioned VPI. The two of them are bickering a LOT at this point.

Countered how? Can anyone give me a good reason why that might not have been the case?

We only had a vig reveal at this point and it was likely that we had some kind of NK-preventing role left. Healer or BP. It's possible that he FM thought there was not a BP , but would they risk to loose Hauk when McNulty was also not in the best situation?

I agree with you about the distancing part though.

I had a little doubt, but two things convinced me. He really did talk a lot about the healer in what looks like an attempt to pull the night kill. Also his vote for Carver on Day 3 and instant retraction looked genuine.

I can't rule it out 100% though. Oh god, my head hurts.

Having re-read, Carver is still the most guilty looking person to me, and still because of his claim and retraction. Sucky reason I know.

I'm also thinking that if he is innocent, and totally inactive, he'll be a real distraction tomorrow. What do you do with someone who simply doesn't have time to post?

I'm still liking the idea of lynching Rawls, but that will probably mean tomorrow is just Moreland talking to himself*... :unsure:

Gotta go for dinner now. Don't kill anyone for 20 minutes or so!

*Er. Unless that means we win, of course. :leaving:

It is day 5.

5 players remain: Detective Carver, Detective Greggs, Detective Hauk, Detective Moreland, Major Rawls.

3 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

1 vote for Detective Carver (Detective Hauk)

1 vote for Detective Moreland (Major Rawls)

1 vote for Major Rawls (Detective Moreland)

2 players have not voted: Detective Carver, Detective Greggs.

Fifty-six minutes left.

Archived