Mafia 72.5 - Down In The Projects

House Targaryen

Gods, this is too confusing. I'm gonna just stick my vote back on Rawls, based on the process of elimination; Carver's and Hauk's reveals (and retractions) are too weird for FM play, and I can't believe that McNulty would have voted for Moreland in that scrum if they were partnered.

Where the hell are Carver and Hauk anyway?

It is day 5.

5 players remain: Detective Carver, Detective Greggs, Detective Hauk, Detective Moreland, Major Rawls.

3 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

2 votes for Major Rawls (Detective Moreland, Detective Greggs)

1 vote for Detective Carver (Detective Hauk)

1 vote for Detective Moreland (Major Rawls)

1 players have not voted: Detective Carver.

It is day 5.

5 players remain: Detective Carver, Detective Greggs, Detective Hauk, Detective Moreland, Major Rawls.

3 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

3 votes for Major Rawls (Detective Moreland, Detective Greggs, Detective Hauk)

1 vote for Detective Moreland (Major Rawls)

1 players have not voted: Detective Carver.

----

Things were heating up in Something-Or-Other Precinct in West Baltimore. After their very own Detective McNulty turned out to be a spy, the surviving detectives were getting nervous. No sign of Avon anywhere, even after they'd combed the streets of Baltimore doing...um, typical narc officer stuff. I can't write gritty urban police procedurals, so I'm hoping no one will notice that this scene sucks if I cram it with as many bad in-jokes and "ironic" meta references as possible. They knew that anyone could be the last killer.

"This is fucking ridiculous," said Major Rawls, in what I hope is in-character dialogue, because this is The Wire and everyone curses up a blue streak. "None of you lazy bastards has put in a day's work to solve the case, except for Moreland. That's why I'm voting Moreland. No real detective in this force would be that competent. He must be one of Barksdale's boys."

"I agree with your logic," said Detective Moreland. "Rawls, for being the only one remotely close to my post count."

They stared at each other and waited. And waited.

Hauk and Carver both looked unsteady on their feet, but every time Dep. Chief Burrell approached them to check for signs of life, they motioned that they were fine.

Twenty hours later, they realized that they were down to the wire (haha), and no one had done anything all day.

"Oh, screw this," said Detective Greggs. "Hauk and Carver are both so batshit insane that they'd never last in the drug underworld. I'll just vote Rawls, because Detective Moreland always brings tasty donuts to work, and I'm a crazy speed-eater Moreland is cleared by the Day Two lynch mob."

"Rawls it is," said Hauk.

And so the detectives ignored all the dead weight on their team and decided to lynch their very own commander, Major Rawls...

...except actually, that wasn't such a bad idea after all, because Rawls was a very guilty Gert. Innocents somehow win, despite having tried their very hardest not to win all game.

Sorry for the delay in writing the scene. There's a reason DJ has been writing them all so far.

Min, you won your first two games (the Money Game and the Supervillains game) and survived until the end in the second.

The role list:

FM - Gertrude - Major Rawls

FM-Guard - TheMalcolm - Detective McNulty

Symp - mentat - Detective Freamon

SK - Lany Cassandra - D'Angelo Barksdale

1 Shot Vigilante- The Man Who - Stringer Bell

Martyr - May - Bubbles

1 Shot BP - Masonity - Detective Hauk

RI - Will - Omar Little

RI - Piper of Chaos - Detective Moreland

RI - HT Reddy - Lieutenant Daniels

RI - MinDonner - Detective Greggs