Upcoming Cover Art II

Larry.

Not sure what you mean here.

That's an asteroid settlement. The red portal is the docking bay, the huge outer piece floating in space is a background asteroid. The folded-out section isn't folded out, it's just the structure of the rock.

I'm guessing this is the Ayachuco asteroid in the Dorados belt, which doesn't suffer any calamitous explosions or other incidents in the book (well, not to its exterior, anyway).

I can see what you're saying there, and I think that makes me like it even less. Poor job depicting the scene, for those that haven't read the book.

Michael Moorcock's new novel. :)

Yes, that Michael Moorcock.

No, I'm not kidding.

Blurb.

I always thought that authors did novelizations of television shows because they needed the cash.... I never would have thought Moorcock was in particularly dire straits... am I wrong about either of those?

I always thought that authors did novelizations of television shows because they needed the cash.... I never would have thought Moorcock was in particularly dire straits... am I wrong about either of those?

According to Moorcock he is a huge Doctor Who fan and has been since way back, and several times apparently almost wrote for the TV show (during Douglas Adams' tenure as script editor, IIRC). He wanted to do the project, pure and simple. He certainly didn't need the cash.

More correctly, it's also a tie-in, not a novelization of the TV show. I am intrigued by the references to his Eternal Champion books though.

I always thought that authors did novelizations of television shows because they needed the cash....

Quite wrong. I can't speak for Moorcock, personally (Wert did that), but I've read author's like Michael Stackpole, Paul S. Kemp, etc. speak of writing Star Wars novelisations from a fans point of view. Sure, the wad of cash on top helps, but it must make the process a lot easier if they're writing in a setting they greatly enjoy.

US cover for the Night Shade Books release of Dark Space by Marianne de Pierres. I quite like this one and it's a nice style that I think will suit the series well.

So not only are hooded, knife wielding characters pervasive on fantasy covers, but now they're spreading to Sci-fi... :bang:

Ohh, so Rambo is the new character?

Aside from the fact that the guy looks nothing like Stallone... ?

It's a striking image, conveying a certain violent desperation, and the weak watery sun immediately makes me think of the Great Ordeal trekking to the Horns. It's about standard in comparison to the preceeding books, though incongruent without all the frillery surrounding the face. I certainly prefer it to the 'hooded wanderer' we see so much these days.

I hoped they might put up an artistic rendition like TJE's ARC cover... perhaps they still will.

US cover art for Bakker's The White Luck Warrior. This is from the publisher's new catalog:

http://booksellers.penguin.com/static/pdf/viking-winter11.pdf

This isn't bad. I think they need to make the face smaller to go along with the rest of the books and it would look alot better. Seems a little too much face right now.

Archived