Upcoming Cover Art II

Larry.

You know what I just realized.

What if A Dance with Dragons is only released with "HBO" on the front.

On the paperback, possibly. On the hardcover, I suspect it'll be mentioned on the inside flaps, maybe on the back cover.

Oddly, I was expecting more of an explosion of rage from fans that Bantam are changing the cover art again. So far the reaction seems to have mostly been, "Really? Cool, whatever."

Werthead wrote:

Oddly, I was expecting more of an explosion of rage from fans that Bantam are changing the cover art again. So far the reaction seems to have mostly been, "Really? Cool, whatever."

The cover art for ADWD? It could be people are just so used to treating the book as a hypothetical at this point it's not making much of an impact. I'd be grateful for just the book, please, no matter what its clothing. Frankly, at this point the cover could feature Dany wearing one of those sparkly kids' birthday party princess crowns and petting a pink bunny, with a banner flying rampant above her throne proclaiming "the queen across the sea loves all the smallfolk and brings to Westeros not war and bloodshed but tidings of happiness rainbows and cake!" and if there was actually a book for that cover to be on I'd be totally cool with that.

As for the new Thrones cover and the HBO banners on the other books, I hope it sells them lots of copies and raises awareness, though for myself I may replace my copies before the new covers come into circulation.

And I see we've reached page 21...

I liked the first series of US covers for ASOIAF. The ones with the small amount of character/scene art. Probably because all my copies up until AFfC were in that style.

I dont know what covers i have, but i dislike most. My game of thrones has a fabio wannabe on a horse, and they seem worse from there. I check our used book store periodically for the cover most like my feast of crows, which has no character art on it.

I have the same problem with my favorite sci-fi author(Zahn). His covers look like bad B-movie posters

Archived