Upcoming Cover Art II

Larry.

I'm among the very few who don't like it. Too cheesy. But I've yet to see good Malazan art.

I guess it's either Komarck/Swanland or nothing.

Im in the minority here, but I loved Lockwood's art for the American Malzan books(with the exception of 6). Midnight Tides has one of my favorite covers of all time, and I would kill to have a print of that hanging over my bed.

And yeah, Swanland man. Damn. His Glen Cook art is masterful.

Im in the minority here, but I loved Lockwood's art for the American Malzan books(with the exception of 6). Midnight Tides has one of my favorite covers of all time, and I would kill to have a print of that hanging over my bed.

And yeah, Swanland man. Damn. His Glen Cook art is masterful.

I'm in the minority with you regarding the Lockwood covers for Malazan. I think most are very good, House of Chains is a great image. Hell, The Bonehunters cover isn't even that bad of a piece of art.

I love it! Mostly because it reminds me of

. I mean it's uncanny!

I'd forgotten about that video. Awesome :) Had to nick that for the blog entry on the subject.

Cover art for Tor edition of Songs of the Dying Earth:

I like that. It's subtle, a little old-school and a bit maudlin, rather like the book.

Prince of Thorns by Mark Lawrence.

I was speaking to one of GRRM's UK publishers and, according to them (remember publishers lover hyperbole) this is the best thing they've published since ASoIaF.

I checked out the author's website and I have to say it looks a little bit generic, but I guess we'll see.

I checked out the author's website and I have to say it looks a little bit generic, but I guess we'll see.

To be fair, so does The Name of the Wind at first glance and if we didn't already know who Daniel Abraham is the marketing for his next book would hardly help that impression either. Generally while hype should obviously taken with a pinch of salt, publishers saying things as hyperbolic as that tend to mean there's something there. So I'm curious now.

The cover's rubbish though.

Archived