Upcoming Cover Art II

Larry.

Another excellent cover from Jon Sullivan, this time for Neal Asher's Voyage of the Sable Keech.

Good cover indeed. Makes me want to check out the book. It's the second in a series, right? Was the first one any good?

ETA: Ah, I see that the book is a few years old and this is the cover of a new edition. So I extend my question - is the series any good?

Good cover indeed. Makes me want to check out the book. It's the second in a series, right? Was the first one any good?

ETA: Ah, I see that the book is a few years old and this is the cover of a new edition. So I extend my question - is the series any good?

I've really enjoyed the series (The Skinner, Voyage of the Sable Keech, Orbus) and they're my favourite books from Neal. They're not without some problems, but ultimately the three books create a good story arc. Well worth checking out, imo.

I've really enjoyed the series (The Skinner, Voyage of the Sable Keech, Orbus) and they're my favourite books from Neal. They're not without some problems, but ultimately the three books create a good story arc. Well worth checking out, imo.

Are they independent of his other books?

Cover art for STREET: Clairvoyance by Ryan A. Span.

Regards,

Ryan

Any word on the release date, Ryan?

Are they independent of his other books?

They're set in the same Polity universe, but you don't need to read any of his other books to appreciate them. Here's a really good graphic to illustrate Neal's books in the Polity and how they all fit in (some covers are old ones though):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v460/chitman13/71776808.jpg

The Asher cover makes it look like a fantasy, but I note it's a splatterjay novel - so this means it's SF, right?

They are indeed, and very much full of weird and wonderful creatures - hence the new covers for these books (The Skinner, Voyage of the Sable Keech and Orbus). Personally I think they are well suited and are a very good indication of exactly the sort of monstrosities you'll find within the pages.

Also, another new sci-fi cover, this time for Cowboy Angels by Paul McAuley, due in January from Pyr. I like this one too and I'll definitely be checking it out.

Archived