Question about spoiler alert

SalokinX

Hello,

I don't know if you follow the wiki or not, but if you do you will notice that some pages, like Merrett Frey, has critical information on it that can be considered spoilers. I have been trying to add a little spoiler message on such occasions, but some users seems to disagree with my opinion and removes all the warnings. So far I have only got one spoiler message successful, and it was on Beric Dondarrion, which was removed earlier today.

I post this message to ask if you think the spoilers should or should not be posted in the wiki. I think that the little message in the front page is useful, but putting spoiler alerts in exact places will help newcomers much more and help keep the wiki organized.

I myself was victim on such a spoiler on Beric Dondarrion's page, which is why I added the spoiler alert. It is a terrible experience to read the plot of the book when you are still in the beginning of it.

So please, tell me, should the use of spoiler alerts be used whenever necessary or should we leave it for the newcomers to take the risk of coming across critical information?

Sections in the wiki has been divided to avoid Spoilers ; If there is a section titled "A Clash of Kings" or "A Storm of Swords", this section will talk about ALL that will occure in the book concerned. Just don't read this section if you have not finish the book >__< that's not spoiler, that's just common sense. If wanna avoid Spoilers for everyone, you'll have to put Spoiler Alerts EVERYWHERE. for someone who just haven't begin the first book, even the names of the chaacters are spoilers...

By the Way, someone should make a Spoiler FAQ to explain the wiki spoiler policy, at this time the word "Spoiler" on the main page is a red link.

I concur with Evrach. This has been discussed by the bigger powers like Ran and agreed upon by them. You cannot start putting spoiler warnings in say the A Feast for Crows section when there is information coming in the A Dance of Dragons book. Or more popularly, A Storm of Swords for A Feast for Crows. Then it becomes superfluous. When we build this wiki we must go on the assumption that the person has read all the books and just wants to check something. If not, like Evrach said, the whole thing is a spoiler.

Archived