Cast & Crew Turnover

HMFIC

Given that Caetlyn has been replaced, Daenerys is being replaced, and 1(maybe 2) Visual Effects producer is being replaced, what effect will this have on:

1. The Budget? Given the struggles to contain costs w/ Rome I am hoping another effects heavy show doesnt suffer the same fate.

2. Timelines? Are we looking at a Fall 11 release in order to refilm scences?

Given that Caetlyn has been replaced, Daenerys is being replaced, and 1(maybe 2) Visual Effects producer is being replaced, what effect will this have on:

1. The Budget? Given the struggles to contain costs w/ Rome I am hoping another effects heavy show doesnt suffer the same fate.

2. Timelines? Are we looking at a Fall 11 release in order to refilm scences?

1. Not much. Saving a little money, i guess.

2. Not much. It's only one episode. They are gonna film 9 more, you know.

1) We don't know the whys and wherefors of any recastings. It may or may not be primarily monetary. As far as Julia Frey goes, I'm pretty sure it's just that she would be extra-costly, sine she's not a U.K. resident -- they'd have to pay a fair bit over the average to make it reasonable for her to relocate to the U.K. 6 months out of the year. Doubtless the next VFX producer will have similar levels of experience.

2) Yeah, not much difference. Maybe a little tightening of the schedule at the start of the season, but they'll push through.

Archived