Westeros Blog: Blonder Peter Dinklage?

Westeros

At the premiere for his latest film, Peter Dinklage was sporting longer, blonder hair than is his usual wont. Now, we’ll note that he just wrapped filming in New Orleans on Earthbound with Kate Hudson, so the styling may be for that; or, just as easily, it’s his personal choice and has nothing to do with Game of Thrones (I’m told that highlighting your hair months out from a shoot is probably not the most effective approach).

But ... it’s interesting to speculate, because when we saw it, what immediately leapt to mind is the description of Tyrion’s beard as a mix of pale and dark hairs. While in the novel, the hair of his head is supposed to be a platinum blond, might the production find it easier to take Tyrion’s beard for the whole, and mix blonde highlights with Dinklage’s darker natural hair?

Thanks to trio at the A Song of Ice and Fire forum for the tip!

Visit the Site!

Yeah, i hope they stay true to the books and save the beard for the third season. He looks younger without it, witch is pretty important since he is the youngest Lannister-sibling.

To not dye his hair all blond (if that is indeed what they are doing) seems about right. He is naturally dark, and so it might not look too convincing. I think Lenas coloring might be more compatible with blonder hair, though. She really needs to be fairer. I actually imagined Tyrion as dark haired at first, for some reason. I missed the description at first.

correct me if i'm wrong, but i think he's supposed to be a shade lighter than Cercei and Jaime, but unless he turns out to be part Targarian I doubt it'll be an issue to have him go a darker shade to better match his colouring. As long as he's blond, he's a Lanister.

Archived