Westeros Blog: Kit Harrington in Posh

Westeros

Kit Harrington, the actor cast as Jon Snow in HBO’s Game of Thrones, is presently playing in Posh, staged by the Royal Court Theatre in London from April 9th to May 22nd. The Royal Court Theatre has release a photo of the young actor in his role as Ed Montgomery. Two more photos, out of costume, can be found here and here.

A notable feature? His long hair, longer than at the Eason’s Signing (see last photo). According to those present, Harrington said he wore a wig for filming but if the series recieved the greenlight he’d grow out his hair, and that does seem to be what he’s doing.

For those in the London-area who might want to see the play and report on Harrington’s performance, there’s a review with some commentary.

Thanks to The_Rabbit01 for the tip.

Visit the Site!

• 2 weeks later...

Why, exactly?

I mean, it's entirely possible the weight gain (if there is any -- I can't say for sure) is for his role in Posh and he's planning to be back down to whatever weight he had at the pilot. But it's also possible that's just how he is and he isn't going to be sweating off a few extra pounds and in that case, why should we care? :)

It may be the lack of beard growth more than anything but he isn't looking quite as much as Jon Snow as he did in some earlier pics from when he looked a bit skinnier.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_JjTZojojDPI/Sm36sC8rthI/AAAAAAAAAcA/pVoM04iBv_s/s1600-h/kit+harington.jpg

And we should care because we want things to remain fairly faithful. I don't think the weight is as big a deal for Kit since he'll be dressed in thick clothing for pretty much the entire series, but if I'm him and get a big opportunity like this I'm in the gym and getting ready to look the part.

Was just an observation anyway.

He's gaining some weight. He's gotta work that off.

On the contrary, he looks like someone who's been training at swordplay for a while. Just what a young man from a noble background in Westeros should look like! Unless that young man is Sam.

On the contrary, he looks like someone who's been training at swordplay for a while. Just what a young man from a noble background in Westeros should look like! Unless that young man is Sam.

This is exactly what I thought. Sure, we all want him to be scrawny and emo for Jon Snow, but now it looks like he's bulking up, especially in the arms and the shoulders. He looks a lot more muscular to me. It's just a few pics though, so who knows.

If thats indeed what he is doing, then its quite natural.

I started weightlifting not long ago, and to gain some muscle, you need to eat a lot. It's almost impossible to become bigger without adding a little fat to your body. You'll gain some waterweight too, so your cheeks may puff up a little. It's always possible to shed the fat and waterweight afterwards, though.

So now you know... :thumbsup:

Yeah, my first thought was that he put on pounds- my second thought was that he probably has gained muscle for the role. Jon (the character) is an excellent swordsman who practices like he means to kill. He wouldn't be too skinny of a guy, but he shouldn't look like a rugby player either. Also, the character is young- so he should show the promise of a big swordsman, but not be there yet since he's still growing.

Archived