New POV 2 - Spoilers for ADwD

Ran

I do have a problem with the beginning though.. How does Doran know about Dany and where she is? I don't remember reading anything that explains this..

There are a several possibilities of which I can think. One is that there are many connections between Dorne and the Free Cities (Doran's wife is from there, and is now living there, for one), and information has been passed to Sunspear that is more reliable than the rumors of dragons that other characters hear.

The second is that Doran has spies working for him in King's Landing, who have somehow learned of the existence and whereabouts of Dany.

The third, and most likely (to me), is that Doran has ALWAYS know about Dany and her whereabouts. He states that he has been working to bring down Tywin Lannister since the overthrow of Aerys. Varys and Ilyrio are probably working with Doran, they seem to be the other most active (behind the scenes) supporters of the return of the Targaryens.

There are a several possibilities of which I can think. One is that there are many connections between Dorne and the Free Cities (Doran's wife is from there, and is now living there, for one), and information has been passed to Sunspear that is more reliable than the rumors of dragons that other characters hear.

The second is that Doran has spies working for him in King's Landing, who have somehow learned of the existence and whereabouts of Dany.

The third, and most likely (to me), is that Doran has ALWAYS know about Dany and her whereabouts. He states that he has been working to bring down Tywin Lannister since the overthrow of Aerys. Varys and Ilyrio are probably working with Doran, they seem to be the other most active (behind the scenes) supporters of the return of the Targaryens.

Very interesting. Thanks for the response! Your views definitely seem very logical and makes sense..

In fact, it would be ironic if the "assassins" Viserys kept running from were Dornish agents trying to establish contact.

I do not believe Varys/Illyrio are in league with Dorne on that one, there is nothing to suggest it and they may even be competing for influence over Dany.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I think Euron is the corpse, because I think Euron IS a corpse! I'm sure this has been brought up before, but the dwarf of High Heart's vision of Balon's death was of a man without a face waiting on a bridge, with a drowned crow perched on his shoulder. Add in Euron's blue lips and there you have it.

So yeah, I think Euron's been drowned and raised and that's what's up with Dany's vision of him as a corpse.

Pyat Pree -

Most folks think the reference to a man without a face indicates a Faceless Man.

Who paid him and why? Euron? Damphair?

I dunno, but it's fun to speculate!

Euron?

It's definitely a Faceless Man. My point was that Euron (who clearly hired the Faceless Man) is the "drowned crow" on his shoulder. Meaning that Euron is a walking corpse of some sort (the Greyjoys have plenty of those) and is therefore the dead man in Dany's prophecy.

I think Euron is the corpse, because I think Euron IS a corpse! I'm sure this has been brought up before, but the dwarf of High Heart's vision of Balon's death was of a man without a face waiting on a bridge, with a drowned crow perched on his shoulder. Add in Euron's blue lips and there you have it.

So yeah, I think Euron's been drowned and raised and that's what's up with Dany's vision of him as a corpse.

drowned crow?

didn't euron mention that he saw three-eyed crow when he was younger but didn't listen to it?

drowned crow?

didn't euron mention that he saw three-eyed crow when he was younger but didn't listen to it?

Well sort of... In a chapter called "The Reaver"

" When I was a boy I dreamt that I could fly." he (Euron) announced. "When I woke I couldn't... or so the maester said. But what if he lied?"

Don't think he ever mentions the 3-Eyed Crow per se, but Euron's name alone in conjuntion w/ the above has to make you wonder. Perhaps he was given the oppurtunity to fly, like Bran was when he was lying broken in a coma during the early parts of GoT. Doesn't sound like he succeeded tho...

Euron's blue lips and corpse like aspect may reflect the look that is also attributed to the warlock's of Qarth. He he does drink "Shade of the evening" as the Qartheen magicians do.Hence the blue lips. Or maybe he just wasn't able to fly, and so "died".

Well sort of... In a chapter called "The Reaver"

Don't think he ever mentions the 3-Eyed Crow per se, but Euron's name alone in conjuntion w/ the above has to make you wonder. Perhaps he was given the oppurtunity to fly, like Bran was when he was lying broken in a coma during the early parts of GoT. Doesn't sound like he succeeded tho...

Euron's blue lips and corpse like aspect may reflect the look that is also attributed to the warlock's of Qarth. He he does drink "Shade of the evening" as the Qartheen magicians do.Hence the blue lips. Or maybe he just wasn't able to fly, and so "died".

maybe i'm mistaken but i think there is a line where he mentions 3EC

he is a mystery anyways, and i believe he has some kind of unusual powers - i think he is there as version of "what if" Bran - if Bran didn't follow the crow

• 5 weeks later...

Is there any reference to whether one of Quentyn's party is Cletus Yronwood?

Also it is fairly big news if the Golden Company have broken their contract. Apparently they are famous for never ever breaking their contract. What could make them do this? Are they going to serve Dany? Do they see it is a means to return to Westeros as part of Dany's invasion force? What other reason could it be? So it seems pretty soon, Dany will have her Unsullied plus her sellsword allies, plus the Golden Company and either the Iron Born and/Or Dorne willing to fight for her. That's already a pretty major force. Considering that Braavos will also be keen to seek reparations from Westeros because their debts have not been repaid then an invasion force is coming together pretty quickly imo.

In AFFC it says that the Golden Company are seemingly headed for Volantis. This is where Quentyn is currently, so they will almost certainly meet up, and they will likely travel together if the Golden Company is going to Dany too.

Archived