Westeros Blog: The Pointy End

The first draft of episode 8’s script is now in to David Benioff and D.B. Weiss, according to GRRM, who says it’s “too long and too expensive” but that’s the case with all the first drafts of screenplays and teleplays he’s ever written. He notes that it is tentatively titled “The Pointy End”—a familiar phrase to A Song of Ice and Fire fans—but that it’s not been decided whether they’ll even use titles.

He finishes with a quote from King Kong, in reference to A Dance with Dragons: “He was a king in his world, but we’ll teach him fear…”

Visit the Site!

He also adds in the comments that Ros, the Red-Headed Whore, may be seen again. Anyone think Ros may be used instead of Alayaya?

I'd quite like that. I think it'd add something to the scenes.

Hrm, maybe so. I'd prefer Alayaya, though, and Chataya to be in. Just for a wee bit of diversity, and a glimpse into other lands (I am imagining many of the Dothraki wedding dancers are in fact supposed to be Summer Islander slaves, given that most of the dancers we've found have been black).

I don't think she should be used instead of Alayaya. Part of the thing (I have no idea what word to use instead of thing, so I just used thing. I'm thinking "deal" but it doesn't exactly work, does it) with Alayaya is that she was Tyrion's cover - he never actually slept with her. I don't think Ros should be anyone at Chataya's...

Archived