Who Would You Stand With?

SingleMort

Who would I have stood with? Whoever the Lord I was sworn to stood with. Or his Lord, or his Lord, all the way up the chain to one particular declared King/Queen/Etc.

That's the only way anyone has a chance of surviving in this world. You've attached your colours (quite literally, if you're a knight) to someone's cause before all this had started, and you then do your damnedest to ensure that side wins.

With a choice, though, I'd have been with Renly's host, as part of the massed chivalry of the south. Probably sworn to the Tyrells, or being ordered about by Lord Tarly.

If not, the Tyrells. ... They seem like generally good folk.

Aside from the poisoning assassination of their boy-king at his wedding to their lord's daughter? :P

:fencing:

That's reason enough to stand with the Tyrells right there!

Just so long as I wasn't Hand of the King... They don't seem to last too long.

I've always wanted to ride a dragon, but I don't think I could be a Targaryen. I'd probably want to rebuild Winterfell and have the hot springs during winter.

• 3 weeks later...

Definitely wanting to be in service to a Stark bannerman (or woman) I'd go with the Mormonts of Bear Island. Where the men are often gone, the women kick ass, and all the children are above average at slaying large land mammals.

On their island, their risk of invasion from Boltons, Baratheons and Lannisters seems pretty minimal. The Iron Islanders might get greedy, but probably not in winter.

Incidentally, I think Bear Island would be a most welcoming destination for the new class of female maesters....

Who would you stand with ?

- Mance Rayder. Because he was chosen by his people, and didn't inherit his title.

And he wanted to be king for a good reason : get the free folk south the Wall to protect them from the Others.

And he's an artist.

And he doesn't make people kneel, and treat them as equal.

And he's cool.

- Aegon V. Because he lived so many years among his people, as a common lad. He traveled, saw and knew the people of his realm.

- Renly. Because he was simply the best.

Would be happy serving the Royces but it would have to be Starks all the way, even if it led to my death - The King in the North

I would of sided with Renly over Stannis, he may be the true King but him serving Rhi'lor, makes his claim void (in my opinion)

Possibly Tyrells, but not under Lannisters. As Sunni said, them poisoning Joffrey is a perfect reason to join them

so far he's done everything right and unlike Robb he knows the value of the sworn word.

That's hard to say, and so far he's only crossed to Westeros. Not to mention he was fairly easily manipulated by Tyrion, so who's to say how he would react in a similar situation?

Archived