Dear god, shoot me now

Intoxibella sounds like a mushroom. Perhaps she should collaborate with GRRM to turn that into Intochsybela while pushing back the publication date.

Meanwhile, by way of a Wikipedia search, I found this, which made me glad I haven't had breakfast yet: http://www.tyra.com/.../BANKABLE_BOOKS

:facedesk:

I'll join you.

The story happens in a make-believe place called Modelland - every girl in the world wants to go there because it’s where “Intoxibellas” are trained. Intoxibellas are drop-dead beautiful, kick-butt fierce and, yeah, maybe they have some powers too. (But I’m confirming NOTHING! Ha. You gotta wait for the book.) The story follows a teen girl and her friends who find themselves magically transported to Modelland, even though they’re really not supposed to be there. (Okay, now, that’s ALL I’m saying!)

I "smize" this is going to be an anorexic MarySuefest, somehow I can't see the heroine being a dumpy bespectacled girl who gets by on brains and charisma.

Or am i being a little harsh?

Well, there's a chance it could be good.

There's also a chance a million pure gold coins could materialize on my desk right now. I think both things really fall into the realm of chaos theory at this point.

Well that, and it is likely yet another terrible fantasy book for YAs to keep them from actually reading anything decent.

There are plenty of decent YA fantasy books.

I've read and enjoyed:

The Wee Free Man by Terry Pratchett

A Hat Full of Sky by Terry Pratchett

Wintersmith by Terry Pratchett

Nation by Terry Pratchett

Coraline by Neil Gaiman

The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman

Harry Potter

The Chronicles of Narnia

His Dark Materials

However, I'm fairly confident that Modelland will not make this list.

There are plenty of decent YA fantasy books.

I've read and enjoyed:

The Wee Free Man by Terry Pratchett

A Hat Full of Sky by Terry Pratchett

Wintersmith by Terry Pratchett

Nation by Terry Pratchett

Coraline by Neil Gaiman

The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman

Harry Potter

The Chronicles of Narnia

His Dark Materials

However, I'm fairly confident that Modelland will not make this list.

You totally missed The Hunger Games. I, Intoxibella Balefont, may just have to smite you. Or SMIZE you as the case may be.

You totally missed The Hunger Games. I, Intoxibella Balefont, may just have to smite you. Or SMIZE you as the case may be.

Dammit! i wanted to change my screen name to Intoxibella!

*sigh* Always too slow, that's me. Goes good with Balefont, tho'.

:bowdown:

It is teh awesome. I love TyTy now -just for the creation of the word! Also, smize. I take solace in that I can become Intoxibella and smize at other forums, such as the ridiculous local newspaper's.

Still, such solace pales in comparison to being Intoxibella here!

Damnit, now I want to change my name to Intoxibella Gert, too. Although, with a name like that, I'm doomed to be one of the interlopers that doesn't actually belong. Or maybe my name is so hopelessly out of fashion that it's ahead of the coolness curve. With the right walk and the perfect smize, I think you're looking at the next Super Intoxibella of MoDELLand. My power (allegedly)? I can not only smize, but I can snize and sedize*. Totally fierce.

* Sneer and seduce with only my eyes! See, I can make up words too. It's fun!

And for real, in my mind, it is already MoDELLand - it rolls off the tongue like Magellan. If she does a book tour close to me, sign me up for the harassing. When she explains to me I'm mispronouncing it, I'll just tell her I like mine better and go with it.

I think the true awesomeness of this proposed series will totally hinge on the ghostwriter selected. I know I would at least consider reading the series if it were ghostwritten by Mick Foley, Warrior Warrior, Thomas Ligotti, or Violent J. I think there'd be some interesting twists or at least interesting passages if any of these were to ghostwrite her books.

I think the true awesomeness of this proposed series will totally hinge on the ghostwriter selected. I know I would at least consider reading the series if it were ghostwritten by Mick Foley, Warrior Warrior, Thomas Ligotti, or Violent J. I think there'd be some interesting twists or at least interesting passages if any of these were to ghostwrite her books.

I'm told that Salman Rushdie has agreed to write it.

lolwut

The ICP can have no place in MoDELLand. Unless they're the bad guys, to be trounced by the Intoxibellas in the dramatic final showdown?

I'd read that. Maybe.

you Zap are a sick and twisted person :thumbsup:

Im sure pat will dedicate a large section of his time to reviewing this peice of work, along with interviews with Tyra.. I hope she doesnt mind his style of not wearing pants because he likes to have access to a interesting conversation piece. :stunned:

I am sure that as one of the premiere reviewers of the Sci-Fi/Fantasy community, Pat will torture us with hints from the ARC. Uh-huh.

Then, Dylanfanatic will likely write a long article comparing the works of Ms. Banks to James Joyce. Yessss....

No, more like Jacques Derrida, if he had ever written a novel.

I’m just impressed that the superconsciousness that is this board managed, a few seconds ago, to place this thread ride next to Raidne’s request about books for the female empowerment crowd. Nothing says Grrl! Power like a boarding school filled with Intoxibelles.

Archived