Emilia Clarke is Daenerys

Vacuum

I prefer her - I think she's absolutely beautiful. Even in council-tower-block chic!

And if she's got the acting chops, and I presume she has in such a stiff competition, then I'm completely happy.

A very promising photoshop of her as Dany can be found in the "Emilia Clarke is Daenerys" over at WiC.

Hopefully Narwen and our russian friends will spoil us with more soon enough :)

The middle of the five pictures from the spotlight.com link looks like the Irish character from season two of Heroes. I'm aware it's not her but when I googled Emilia Clarke the first picture on the image search made me think of Caitlin.

I think Tamzin was better look-wise (i.e. more as I imagined Dany), but then again it's impossible to cast a character described as an outworldly beauty without making some fans disappointed. I have to say though, Emilia does have truly beautiful eyes. I'm sure she'll make a great Daenerys.

I didn't find Tamzin attractive at ALL, rather the opposite, but her general face type etc seemed pretty Danyish to me.

Emilia though... Wow.

Daenerys isn't really a character her look makes me think of, as she seems more earthy than fiery, but I sure am going to enjoy watching her in the series.

I'm sorry for Tamzin's departure, especially because we're not ever supposed to know the reasons why.

But I'm fairly satisfied by this recasting. Judging by the looks, Emilia Clarke can pull off a good Dany. And her skills are solid, according to Martin himself and, of course, HBO.

:thumbsup:

She has beautiful eyes and a very lovely face.

More importantly, looks like she has a decent amount of experience on the British stage.

Hope she knocks it out of the park! :thumbsup:

She has beautiful eyes and a very lovely face.

More importantly, looks like she has a decent amount of experience on the British stage.

Hope she knocks it out of the park! :thumbsup:

She'll have virtually no proffesional experience on the stage as those thearte credits are for her drama school. She must have really impressed in her audition as she's almost a novice. Also she looks great as well.

Interesting that she studied at the drama centre. Back when I was auditioning at drama schools (in the 90's) it had an infamous reputation. The joke was you could tell who had studied there because when you dropped a hat they took their clothes off.

First thought on the new Dany.

OMG those eyes!!! :wub:

She'll be quite striking once hair and makeup gets a hold of her (not that she isn't already)

Pic of Harry Lloyd (Viserys) in a similar pose for comparison. She kinda resembles Kit Harrington (Jon Snow) too. Not that that's strictly necessary for the story or anything ;)

Haha, oddly enough that was the first thing I noticed when I saw her pictures. She does look similar to Kit Harrington. But perhaps it is just the way the photographs are taken. :cool4:

I'm still sad about Tamzin, but let's see how she'll do. I'm glad they didn't go for the Megan Fox or Heidi Montag type. ;) I think she could very well grow on me.

The more I look at her, the more I see a resemblance to a younger version of Emmanuelle BĂ©art

Emmanuelle Beart

That's a pretty good comparison and a real compliment to her. Emmanuelle Beart has an angelic beauty. Heh, she even played an angel in an amusing 80's movie called "Date with an Angel". Co-star Phoebe Cates looked plain in comparison.

I think I'm in the minority here, but I was looking forward to Tamzin in this role. Alas, its not to be... But I like Ms. Clark's looks as well, and its going to be visually quite striking seeing her next to Jason Momoa. He's 6'4" and she's 5'2". That'll be a powerful visualization of Dany as the vulnerable, fragile child bride/pawn she was when we first met her. Can't wait!

I, too, was looking forward to Merchant. But I'm also looking forward to Clarke, so it's fine for me. As far as looks go, I've not particularly cared about it, although I admit that Clarke's a bit fuller-figured than my mental image of Dany, which hews closely to the description of a small, petite young woman; Merchant came closer to capturing it. But that doesn't matter a bit next to her acting, and I've liked what I've seen so far. If she beat out many other talented actresses, well, all to the good. :)

Interesting that she studied at the drama centre. Back when I was auditioning at drama schools (in the 90's) it had an infamous reputation. The joke was you could tell who had studied there because when you dropped a hat they took their clothes off.

Well, she'll have to take her clothes off as Dany. ;) For the sake of the female audience I hope they'll reshoot the entire love scene, not only the Dany part. Jason Momoa, who's right now filming Conan, has buffed up a bit, and it would be nice to see him with his clothes off, too. :D

Archived