Emilia Clarke is Daenerys

Vacuum

It's amusing that some posters (on WiC) say she looks too plain Jane to them. Honestly, to me, I always thought Tamzin looked too plain Jane: http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00078/ed_imgSNN0145A_78794a.jpg

http://www.makli.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/tamzin-merchant.jpg

Emilia Clarke looks like a British Ellen Page (from Juno) without makeup, but should be quite striking when touched up.

Oh man. I totally love her! That photoshopped pic Brude found was absolutely stunning. I watched the clips from Doctors that Westeros.org posted and that commercial that she was in - I was impressed by both.

Funny enough, she immediately made me think of Gwen Cooper (Eve Myles) from Torchwood, who I absolutely adore.

I can't tell you how happy I am about Emilia Clarke. This makes me excited for the show all over again. Kick ass.

I approve.

She looks beautiful and there is real depth in those striking eyes which is absolutely necessary to play Daenerys.

She even looks a little bit like i would imagine Daenerys.

I was afraid they will choose some "pretty" girl and ruin it all.

Previous actress looked just like that btw. (judged by looks only)

With some additional makeup, different hair color and all the special effects, dresses and stuff she will look amazing.

As howland_reed showed in an earlier post, make-up makes a LOT of difference.

The only thing that I can see that would make Tamzin a better choice from what we KNOW as of now, is that she's more petite, which AFAIK Dany is mentioned to be?

As to which actress is the most attractive, that's up to personal taste.

I'm in luck, as I find Emilia the better looker, and I can stomach her not being as tiny!

As far as petite goes, she is certainly short enough, but dare i say that ideally she might drop a few pounds?

You shouldn't have said it. For all you know that could be an old weight or even an estimate. Last time I checked, 120 lbs wasn't heavy :rolleyes: All actors prepare themselves for nude scenes by working out, so please, can we keep the rude comments to a minimum here?

As far as petite goes, she is certainly short enough, but dare i say that ideally she might drop a few pounds?

Yup. Stupid comment.

Although, it does amuse me how some people see her in one TV show (or ad) and assume she is going to look almost exactly like that. They do give us an idea of ability but only a vague impression on how she'll look in the TV show.

Although, it does amuse me how some people see her in one TV show (or ad) and assume she is going to look almost exactly like that. They do give us an idea of ability but only a vague impression on how she'll look in the TV show.

At the same time, only GRRM knows what is "just about right". :)

I read that. Did you read what i said?

"I've seen her in clips and pictures. And she's certainly not as thin as Tamzin, which was just about right."

Whats the big difference weight-wise between one tv-show and another? I did not comment on anything else. Do you think she's as thin as Tamzin or what?

Also: As far as GRRM goes: He wanted Tamzin anyway....

Well judging from those child abuse clips Emilia proves she can cry which is what Dany is mostly doing in the first book.

That second clip where she's looking at the camera as you hear her memories of the footsteps coming to her room and the man getting under her covers is creepy as shit. Almost like when Drogo comes to her tent after drinking each night...

I've never seen her before now, but from what I've seen I love... Those eyes break my heart. She'll make Dany human.

I think that's why the child abuse ad gets to me a little. She just stares at you as the tears roll down. Pretty powerful look the eyes give her.

I read that. Did you read what i said?

"I've seen her in clips and pictures. And she's certainly not as thin as Tamzin, which was just about right."

Whats the big difference weight-wise between one tv-show and another? I did not comment on anything else. Do you think she's as thin as Tamzin or what?

Also: As far as GRRM goes: He wanted Tamzin anyway....

Who the hell cares if she's not as thin as Tamzin. The people in casting think Clarke will make the best Dany. You're judging her based on your own superficial fanboy notions of how you think her character "should be."

It isn't just "fanboy notions" if it is accurate to the text they're using as source. The Dany in the books is described with narrow hips, a small bust and otherwise very petite. She is also described as having more 'elfin' features than Ms. Clarke. She is also described as being the better part of a decade younger though, so obviously there are going to be some difficulties matching the look. These aren't fanboy notions they're accurate to the source.

Now if you want to argue that they aren't important and that the character is just as well or even better off with them changed that is fine, but don't dismiss the desire for accuracy as being a fanboy.

I'm a guy who thinks Bean looks nothing like Ned, and going by the text, he really doesn't. Does that make me a fanboy?

Let a man have an opinion without trying to degrade it with fake words made up purely for such denigration.

Personally I'd prefer a younger looking actress with a thinner, more willowy build and sharper features. . . but I've given up hoping they'll cast to my mind's eye.

Given how people are getting a little hot under the collar here, I'll just say I'm not trying to outsmart anyone. But this is what George had to say of Emilia,

Emilia Clarke Online

Our new Daenerys is a beautiful and talented young actress named Emilia Clarke, a recent graduate of Drama Centre London [...] I haven’t had the chance to meet Emilia yet, but I’ve seen her auditions. She gave some kickass readings, winning out over some amazing competition from all around the world. She should make a great Dany.

Who knows who he really preferred but I don't think he's making nice by saying that just to satisfy the casting people etc.

Archived