Emilia Clarke is Daenerys

Vacuum

Arguing about how useful it is to read the books is only an argument you can have while you wait for something actually exciting to happen. :)

I'm glad that Emilia Clarke liked the books. It may or may not make any difference to her performance. We'll never know that.

link

She's read the books and it sounds like she's a big fan! Argument over, yes? :D

I don't think thats even a question, at least for the younger actors. Just imagine the situation they are

in. For most of them this is the first BIG thing in their acting career and will play a huge part of their lives for the

next seven+x (;)) years, of course they will swallow every bit of information available, including the books (i don't buy it when

we hear that the <18 actors just know tiny bits of the book. Nothing stops a teenager...)

I'm glad that Emilia Clarke liked the books.

Of course she liked them. She must be so thrilled about the production that she would even like Goodkind ;) (imagine this board

if she sad that she hates the books ;))

Of course she liked them. She must be so thrilled about the production that she would even like Goodkind ;) (imagine this board

if she sad that she hates the books ;))

Well, one can be discerning enough to realise that the role is great, even if the books are not their cup of tea. :) Appreciating the role is important. Liking the books themselves, isn't really.

I do think its pretty cool for her that she's a fan. Imagine how great it must be to be cast in one of the leading roles in a series of books you love! :commie:

Well, one can be discerning enough to realise that the role is great, even if the books are not their cup of tea. :) Appreciating the role is important. Liking the books themselves, isn't really.

Of course she liked them. She must be so thrilled about the production that she would even like Goodkind (imagine this board

if she sad that she hates the books

It may or may not make any difference to her performance. We'll never know that.

Oh no, i can still be right, ill just invent something!

:bang:

Well, she'll have to take her clothes off as Dany. ;) For the sake of the female audience I hope they'll reshoot the entire love scene, not only the Dany part. Jason Momoa, who's right now filming Conan, has buffed up a bit, and it would be nice to see him with his clothes off, too. :D

Truer words have never been spoken, sister.

GRRMs idea. Viserys says that she's "too skinny" when discussing with Illyrio wether or not Drogo likes them this young. GRRM also favoured Tamzin.

I'm going to presume that Ice and Fire was created with some form of historical accuracy in terms of how people lived (i.e. the food they ate, how they dressed, the armor they wore, their mannerisms, etc). Given that, "too skinny" doesn't necessarily mean "Kate Moss" skinny. "Too skinny" for the ancient Greeks might have been a size 12 based on artwork from that time.

So, again, "too skinny" is pretty relative.

As so many people have already pointed out:

1. Who knows what she's going to look like in costume or when filming starts. Do we even know exactly what her body looks like right this minute anyway?

2. If she throws down a killer performance, does it matter that she's a size 4 instead of a size 2? I mean, if it's just about looks then nothing will satisfy you--not in a show about a fantasy world.

3. It's just a shitty thing to start harping about someone's weight when you have no idea what she's going to look like on screen or how she's going to perform.

In the end, she probably beat out a metric assload of other starlets. As an unknown, that highly impresses me. I have yet to see an HBO series that has miscast someone or that has given us poor performances/actors/actresses.

At any rate, I'd honestly prefer to get off the weight soap box myself and talk about something far more substantial at this point. I guess if the actress (and/or her representation) actually visit boards like this, it's nice to know they'll be reminded that she needs to "lose a few pounds" and that her first impression upon some of the dorks here is that she's "too fat."

At any rate, I'd honestly prefer to get off the weight soap box myself and talk about something far more substantial at this point. I guess if the actress (and/or her representation) actually visit boards like this, it's nice to know they'll be reminded that she needs to "lose a few pounds" and that her first impression upon some of the dorks here is that she's "too fat."

You go sista! :fencing: :lmao:

I'm going to presume that Ice and Fire was created with some form of historical accuracy in terms of how people lived (i.e. the food they ate, how they dressed, the armor they wore, their mannerisms, etc). Given that, "too skinny" doesn't necessarily mean "Kate Moss" skinny. "Too skinny" for the ancient Greeks might have been a size 12 based on artwork from that time.

So, again, "too skinny" is pretty relative.

As so many people have already pointed out:

1. Who knows what she's going to look like in costume or when filming starts. Do we even know exactly what her body looks like right this minute anyway?

2. If she throws down a killer performance, does it matter that she's a size 4 instead of a size 2? I mean, if it's just about looks then nothing will satisfy you--not in a show about a fantasy world.

3. It's just a shitty thing to start harping about someone's weight when you have no idea what she's going to look like on screen or how she's going to perform.

In the end, she probably beat out a metric assload of other starlets. As an unknown, that highly impresses me. I have yet to see an HBO series that has miscast someone or that has given us poor performances/actors/actresses.

Obviously weight is a sensitive issue for many here....

From what i've seen of her, she looks like a few pounds off would make her look more believable as a 15 year old. Thats IT.

Am i not allowed to think that? Would anyone have reacted like this if i said earlier that i thought Momoa should add a few pounds of muscle?

Also: If she HAS lost a few lately, as you mention as a possibility, or looks skinnier in her costume, well then obviously i'll be satisified. I don't get your point. It seems like you and many others here are arguing on an emotional basis.

<mod gloves>

This is a public forum and a number of people associated with the Game of Thrones production have frequented it. Plainly they, amongst others, are happy with Emilia Clarke's abilities. If the only thing that people can find to talk about in this thread is Ms Clarke's weight as opposed to her acting talent, then it'll be closed.

</mod gloves>

link

She's read the books and it sounds like she's a big fan! Argument over, yes? :D

That's great news! She has extra insight into Dany now and will be better able to portray her. It always pisses me off when actors do not read books that their movie is based on :cough, quite a few HP actors, cough: They're doing themselves a disservice by not learning everything they can about their character.

Obviously weight is a sensitive issue for many here....

From what i've seen of her, she looks like a few pounds off would make her look more believable as a 15 year old. Thats IT.

Am i not allowed to think that? Would anyone have reacted like this if i said earlier that i thought Momoa should add a few pounds of muscle?

Also: If she HAS lost a few lately, as you mention as a possibility, or looks skinnier in her costume, well then obviously i'll be satisified. I don't get your point. It seems like you and many others here are arguing on an emotional basis.

Wow, a guy criticizing a young woman he thinks is fat. People saying, "uhh, hey, that's kind of a jerky thing to do" and him coming back with, "you're all just a little emotional."

Can you perpetuate more of a cliche here?

Moving on . . .

I think the actress really nails it for me in the eyes. I watched the small commercial segments and I really think she conveyed a lot of emotion with little-to no dialogue. I think Tamzin would have been fabulous in the role, but there is something more human about this actress, something deeper. The eyes being the gateway to the soul is a phrase that keeps coming into my mind.

Frankly, I wasn't sure at first that Emilia was a good choice. I couldn't imagine her with the signature Dany hair. Mary has helped me see that she could be great with some help from a wig and makeup. Mary's poster is superb!

I think her physical appearance is believable, and if she doesn't seem 13, I'm just fine with that. I like her eyes too JQ. Emilia seems to emote well too. A necessary thing in portraying Dany's absolute misery until she takes her life into her own hands with Drogo!

I doubt they will even try to show characters as young as in the books. It would never work.

I have some sort of quiet confidence about miss Emily and im very pleased she did read the books and likes them. How can you not eh?

Would be nice to see some interview with her.

Im also sorry for miss Tamzin. Getting this role then loosing it on account of some circumstances beyond her control must be very, very tough.

Im also sorry for miss Tamzin. Getting this role then loosing it on account of some circumstances beyond her control must be very, very tough.

She released a statement about why she had to pull out? What is it?

I think her physical appearance is believable, and if she doesn't seem 13, I'm just fine with that.

I doubt they will even try to show characters as young as in the books. It would never work.

She is listed as 16 years old in the leaked script and we already have heard that all the younger characters have been aged upwards some. Every actor cast is significantly older than the character from the books that they play.

Archived