Westeros Blog: Hodor Hodor

Given the way these videos come and go, we can’t promise it will be around permanently. But while it’s up, here’s what looks to be like a genuine casting tape for the role of Hodor, intended for Nina Gold who is the casting agent in the U.K. for HBO’s Game of Thrones production:

Kristian Nairn Game of Thrones audition Hodor for Nina Gold from Kris Wall on Vimeo.

The hopeful Hodor is Kristian Nairn, a professional DJ according to his MySpace page.

Visit the Site!

Ran, this is really cool. That man is BIG! And that table! I can easily see him as Hodor.

One question: wasn't Hodor supposed to be 16 or so in the books? One of those little details where it really doesn't matter but I always had him in my mind as a teenager.

Nothing in the story so far, at least, suggests that Hodor's age is important to the story. Unless there's some big reveal later (I've read a lot of crazy theories about him on these boards), I suspect that will remain the case.

Nothing in the story so far, at least, suggests that Hodor's age is important to the story. Unless there's some big reveal later (I've read a lot of crazy theories about him on these boards), I suspect that will remain the case.

Oh, I totally agree. ;) Just one of the random questions that popped up when the prospective Hodor gave his age. I think his strength and height is much more important than anything else - and he completely walks like my image of Hodor, too.

Even if he was young in the books, they've aged up Catelyn, Ned, and the Hound (for starters) so no reason to expect Hodor to be immune. :)

Oh, I totally agree. ;) Just one of the random questions that popped up when the prospective Hodor gave his age. I think his strength and height is much more important than anything else - and he completely walks like my image of Hodor, too.

I always thought Hodor was less chunky.

And isn't Hodor balding?

This guy is my image for the strongboar.

I think whoever they choose for Hodor will need to be able to 'carry a forge on his shoulder, like a lesser man carries a bale of hay.'

Plenty of large people out there. I'll be surprised if they don't find somebody more suitable.

Conan Stevens for Hodor!

He's already said he wouldn't much like that role, but he'd probably take it. Personally, I think it's totally wrong for him and be a waste - I much more see him as a Gregor-type.

He's already said he wouldn't much like that role, but he'd probably take it. Personally, I think it's totally wrong for him and be a waste - I much more see him as a Gregor-type.

They need to bring Andre the Giant back from the dead to play Gregor.

He would then make an even more convincing ungregor.

agree.gif

conan is the perfect gregor and if not gregor then at least the great john, but they will realy have a hard time finding anyone bigger or in better shape to play gregor

• 5 months later...

I always thought Hodor was less chunky.

And isn't Hodor balding?

This guy is my image for the strongboar.

I think whoever they choose for Hodor will need to be able to 'carry a forge on his shoulder, like a lesser man carries a bale of hay.'

Plenty of large people out there. I'll be surprised if they don't find somebody more suitable.

I kind of thought the same thing. This guy is the image I had of Strongboar, just kind of a big thick block.

Archived