What Legends of Westeros do you want to know more about?

What all facts(ie legends) do we know about Westeros?

For example we know Lann the Trickster, tricked the Casterly's out of Casterly Rock.

We know that Bran the Builder, helped construct The Wall.

We know the Nights King might have been a Stark.

Those are the 3 tales I want to know more about.

Whats yours?

• 3 weeks later...

Definitely more about the Night's King and all the goings on (and ghosts) of the Nightfort. Pretty much anything involving the Watch actually. And more about the Drowned God/Seastone Chair.

Plus must be a good Tully origin story, no? Apparently they go back to the Age of Heroes, but we're not really told that much about the history...

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I want to know more about the great sword Dawn(of House Dayne). There must be a good story behind making a sword from the remains of a fallen star? I want Sword of the Morning tales.

More about the Last Hero and the Children of the Forrest.

The local faerie tales/legends I liked very much.....the Claw Island stories -the whispers, Alyssa's Tears from the Vale, the Stormlands' love story about the Storm King who married the daughter of the sea and wind. I would like to hear faerie tales from Dorne, the Reach and the Westerlands. And of course, more tales from the North.

I would like to learn more about Jenny of Oldstones

Guest Other-in-Law

Plus must be a good Tully origin story, no? Apparently they go back to the Age of Heroes, but we're not really told that much about the history...

Apparently according to whom, exactly? The aGot appendix only has them going back 1,000 years ago, the Age of Heroes was before the Andals cam 6,000 years ago.

"The Tullys never reigned as kings, though they held the great castle at Riverrun for a thousand years."

Symeon Star-eyes, who saw demons on the wall I think.

Lann the Clever.

Bran the Builder

Florian and Jonquil, though perhaps that tale could just be the Westerosi equivalent of a Punch and Judy show or Harlequinade.

• 2 months later...

The local faerie tales/legends I liked very much.....the Claw Island stories -the whispers, Alyssa's Tears from the Vale, the Stormlands' love story about the Storm King who married the daughter of the sea and wind. I would like to hear faerie tales from Dorne, the Reach and the Westerlands. And of course, more tales from the North.

I would like to learn more about Jenny of Oldstones

I want to hear more about all of these plus the construction of the Wall, Winterfell and Storm's End. I like these kinds of stories.

I'd really like to read a small collection of shorter summaries of stories regarding the foundation of the different Houses and how they got their emblems. For most of the younger House I can imagine that these could be more or less within the historical records of the Citadel but with the really old I figure that it may be more myths.

And example would be to hear a bit more regarding how Lan tricked the Casterlies out of the Rock or how the founder of House Arryn took over the Eyerie from the Gripphon king. All these are of course already mentioned but I would like to see them a bit more elaborated. :)

A lot more about the foundation of the Night's Watch-as an historian, I loved the teaser we were given in, I think, AFFC, about the apocryphal nature of much of what is seen as common knowledge regarding the Watch's history and it seemed like Sam was starting to get at the actual origins of it.

Also, of course, the horrors of the Nightfort, and the origins of the Others

Finally, the voyages we sometimes hear about into the Sunset Sea (although I'm guessing Martin throws these in as a wink and nod to The Voyage of the Dawn Treader)

Definately the Night King. The very idea of a Stark villain makes me excited, besides it has curious bits about it. A female Other? The Northeners and the Wildlings uniting to take him down? How was he "only a man by light of day [...] but the night was his to rule"? What does that mean? Was he something like a wight? Or did his Otherly powers awoke only at night, and if so, was he even aware of that? That's deffinately the most intriguing legend I can recall. It poses some very mind-eating questions with no answers in sight.

I wouldn't mind to read more about the Last Hero as well. Perhaps something about the Dragonknight too, he seems to have had an interisting life. I'd also really like to learn more about Bloodraven, but that will probably happen in the next D&E novellas, if there are any.

I'd love to hear more about the Children of the Forest and their presumptive war/knowledge of the Others (i.e., them giving dragonglass weapons to Night's Watch). I have a funny feeling we'll hear more about this in ADWD since it seems like the fate of Westeros depends on the goings on at the Wall.

Also, I have a hunch that there's more to the Others than meets the eye and I'd like to know more of their backstory/origin. Are they a race of beings with their own goals and wants, not just mindless monsters? What if the Great Other is some sort of hero? Others represent death (of all things with warm blood), could they be linked to the FM?

Archived