What Legends of Westeros do you want to know more about?

• 1 month later...

1. The Doom of Valyria

2. The purpose of White Walkers, why they exist, what are their goals, etc.

3. Ice Dragons, does one live under the wall, is he so huge that his breath keeps up the wall up during the long summers?

4. What are Bran's limits as a greenseer? He seems more powerful then the average Greenseer and even has the abilitiy to speak through leaves. Can he control a Dragon?

5. Are the seven Gods just a myth? Is there only two, light vs dark?

So many questions, I love George Martin and hate him at the same time. I hope he answers some of these questions in the next two books.

This:

Definitely Prince Aemon the Dragonknight and Ser Arthur Dayne. Those two, and Barristan the Bold, are often quoted as the best knights in Westerosi history. I want to see some more detailed information on their deeds.

Some more info on Dawn and the requirements for becoming the Sword of the Morning is a must-have.

1. all stories that involve a Blackfyre (people and the sword)

Valyria. Everythings - It's gods, it's culture, it's people, the Doom... And a tale of the First Men. Where did they come from, which Gods they worshiped before the Old Gods of the forest, why did they came to Westeros, which of the modern Houses descend directly from them (Stark, Hightowers, who else?) etc...

Everything about the dragons, the human and scaly types.

I want to know more about the Maesters, Oldtown, the thought of all that knowledge makes me drool...

Also, Asshai, it's always just mentioned in passing... and it seems like some wicked evil place. Exciting.

Hi, this is my first post in this forum^^

I would really like to read more about the love between Aemon the Dragonknight and Naerys! I would love to read how the finest knight who ever lived took part in a tourney disguised as the mistery knight, breaking his vows, so he could name the women he loved Queen of love and beauty!

A quick question:

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Aemon_Targaryen

Here it says Aemon championed Naerys, is there more background story about this?

The legends I would like to know more about:

The Night King

The children of the forest

The story that is behind the heroes- founders of the Great Houses

Old kings (King In The North, King of Mountain and Vale, King of the Iron Islands, King of the Reach, King of the Rivers and the Hills, King of the Rock)

Also I would like to know more about the story-history behind the House Dayne of Starfall. I have read that House Dayne is an ancient house extending for thousands of years. Between Dawn, Arthur Dayne, Ashara Dayne and with being mentioned in every book, in someway, it would be tremendously wrong not to know more things about them.

I would also know about:

Queen Nymeria, Alyssa Arryn, Bael the Bard & Brandon the daughterless Stark, Elenei & Durran Godsgrief, the last hero

Pretty much everything except the Targaryen dynasty.

Everything from the Age of Heroes and the Long Night - The Children of the Forest, The War for the Dawn, Azor Ahai, Bran the Builder, The Night's King.

Basically the ancient history of the North. I really don't get the obsession with the Targaryens; they don't interest me at all.

1. I know I'm going to get hell for this, but...I want to know what Hodor means! There were times I'd finish a chapter and the only thing I could remember was the word Hodor it was repeated so often. I can't hear the word Hodor repeated so many times without hoping that there's something special behind my favorite simple giant. Someone once jokingly said it's the word that brings down the wall and if that were true the wall would've fallen a long time ago. It better be the long lost word of a prophecy to end all other prophecies or said backwards brings the world to an end.

2. I want to know how the Red Priests came to be. I assume their beginnings coincide with Azor Ahai and the Long Night, but I'd like to know how they came to hold the knowledge of bringing back the dead and the birthing of shadows.

3. I'd like to know what happened to Lightbringer. We know the legend of how it was forged, but I'd like to know if the sword was passed down through time or if dissappeared with AA.

4. All the secrets the citadel has been keeping hidden. Hopefully Sam will uncover a few.

I agree with most everyone on this thread about wanting to know more about the Others. They've been the big mystery since the beginning with no POV that brings any real sense of understanding about when, where, why, and how. I know that some people who haven't read the books, but watch the show think that the Others are dead leaders from Westeros. Which would be cool if it were possible.

The White Book. Like a little novella of a mosaic of famous stories of the fabled Kingsguard. Definitely would have my interest.

I think that's a great idea. The thing with this series is that there's a wealth of possibilities for companion texts. GRRM could actually just publish that book and we'd all buy it without blinking or any other collection of histories and stories mentioned in the series.

In fact I'm pretty sure we're such a sorry lot of desperate fans that we wouldn't think twice about paying ten bucks for GRRM to put out a book on the Histories of the Great Bowel Movements of the Houses of the Seven Kingdoms. Then we'd hound him about a sequel at every convention and fight on forums about whether or not Rhaegar and Lyanna's bowel movements prove they are or aren't Jon's parents. :bowdown:

Anything to do with the North, firstmen and the crannogmen.

Also the book Jon arryn was reading (sorry if its already been mentioned ) Ancient historys and lineages of the great houses of the seven kingdoms. It would be awesome to know family history , traits and perhaps include a few illustrations , having this would complete the series ;)

Archived