Nights of Villjamur by Mark Charan Newton

JamesL

Oh this looks like an excellent story :) I put it on my wishlist on Amazon so I won't forget it. The worst bit was that Amazon.co.uk then went on to recommend me "Twlight" as something I'd also like to read... :leaving:

[quote name='Lyanna Stark' post='1713457' date='Mar 9 2009, 15.16']The worst bit was that Amazon.co.uk then went on to recommend me "Twlight" as something I'd also like to read... :leaving:[/quote]

Oh dear god no. Please let that be down to your browsing history rather than any comparison to the book...

It was extra odd, since it gave me suggested titles by Adrian Tchaikovsky and S.L Farrell and the suddenly Twilight. I'll put it down to Amazon's arcane ways of trying to divine what your taste in books are. "SF/SFF? Clearly you just have to like Twilight and Eragon. We sell lots of those and according to our records you have not yet purchased any copies. Now you must buy them too, yes precious....you mussst."

EDIT: And who knows, if you get recommended to the Twilight bunch, you may even acquire Fangirls, such as they are. :P

[quote name='Lyanna Stark' post='1713549' date='Mar 9 2009, 16.12']EDIT: And who knows, if you get recommended to the Twilight bunch, you may even acquire Fangirls, such as they are. :P[/quote]

Ah, this could be true.

However, I'm not sure I'd quite know what to think of about hardcore female fans of a series in which the lead girl considers it a prudent use of her [i]entire[/i] existence to serve a slightly psychopathic man. And have his child.

Now there's a dark Freudian mess I'd be scared to let near me.

[quote name='Calibandar' post='1713991' date='Mar 9 2009, 20.38']Hey Mark

How many books are planned in the Legends of the Red Sun series?[/quote]

Hi Calibandar - well, I've planned four books to tackle the main threads, although I want each of those books to stand alone as best as possible, and for each with a totally different feel, too. So a quartet, but not a quartet. I was only contracted for two books with Pan Macmillan in the first instance though, so I'll have everything crossed they want to continue the series.

That said, I have a multiverse planned out, so there's much more that can follow and build on these things in very different ways.

[quote name='MarkCN' post='1713678' date='Mar 9 2009, 11.25']Ah, this could be true.

However, I'm not sure I'd quite know what to think of about hardcore female fans of a series in which the lead girl considers it a prudent use of her [i]entire[/i] existence to serve a slightly psychopathic man. And have his child.

Now there's a dark Freudian mess I'd be scared to let near me.[/quote]

Now I'm waiting to see if any main characters will [i]sparkle[/i] now... ;)

[quote name='Dylanfanatic' post='1714118' date='Mar 9 2009, 22.23']Now I'm waiting to see if any main characters will [i]sparkle[/i] now... ;)[/quote]

I think we can leave that literary treat for Meyer fans only to squee over!

I suppose...one of my students hates that I call the fourth Meyer book [i]Breaking Wind[/i], after she brought it to class one day with the price sticker covering the "Dawn." Always fun teasing them.

[quote name='Werthead' post='1715420' date='Mar 10 2009, 21.21']120 pages in. No discernable similarities to Stephanie Meyer.

[i]Yet[/i].[/quote]

Dammit, I'll have to try harder for the next book... I'm sure I can sneak a sparkle in there somewhere, or at least stretch some sexual angst over four volumes.

[quote name='Werthead' post='1715420' date='Mar 10 2009, 14.21']120 pages in. No discernable similarities to Stephanie Meyer.

[i]Yet[/i].[/quote]

Wait. Edward [i]doesn't[/i] show up?

Fuck this shit. Mark, I want my money back!

[quote name='aidan' post='1715711' date='Mar 11 2009, 01.44']Wait. Edward [i]doesn't[/i] show up?

Fuck this shit. Mark, I want my money back![/quote]

What if I say he might... Later in the series. I'll have him chopped to pieces in the prologue of book two.

Dylanfanatic, without the quote there, I assumed you were talking about scat. (Fuck this shit.) If you were, shame on you, sir! I'd love to see the look on my editor's face as she posted the manuscript back to me - with my contract.

[quote name='Myshkin' post='1715924' date='Mar 11 2009, 06.54']As long as we're making requests, I'd like to see Magnum P.I. make a cameo at some point in your series.[/quote]

That would be so sweet. Moustaches are going be BACK!

Archived