"Game of Thrones" preview airing before True Blood (CONFIRMED)

Brude

I doubt very much we will see anything at all in the UK aside from maybe a brief clip during a 'new television season' compilation the BBC might put together, probably after Christmas, then maybe a teaser along these lines a month before transmission, and finally a full trailer starting one week before transmission.

The BBC is pretty cack at building up excitement for shows before they air them :( That's even assuming the BBC is still involved, as I have heard nothing more about their involvement for some considerable time, and the BBC was recently cancelling projects all over the shop to save money.

Thanks for that, shan't hold my breath then :( .

From what I'd read in the blogs, had assumed the BBC investment was something of a given. Bit worrying to hear that may not be the case.

I dont know. I dont like Sean as Eddard at all. I think he would have gone much better in some other role.

Playing Jorah Mormont would be perfect for him.

And i didnt like how he says "Winter is coming" AT ALL. Totally...wrong.

I also didnt like the barren hills they chose for the landscape. I always imagined North closer to heavily forested lands of Scandinavia then bare Ireland or Scotland moors and hills.

And they really should abstain from pumping Jon so much.

But i guess that wont be so noticeable for audience that didnt read the books.

What did i like... hmm...?

I guess those few short shots of a forest were nice.

I also didnt like the barren hills they chose for the landscape. I always imagined North closer to heavily forested lands of Scandinavia then bare Ireland or Scotland moors and hills.

One of the interpretations of the meaning of Winterfell involves:

fell /fɛl/ [fel]

–noun Scot. and North England .

an upland pasture, moor, or thicket; a highland plateau.

And Tyrion describes his journey from interfell:

West of the road were flint hills, grey and rugged, with tall watchtowers on their stony summits. To the east the land was lower, the ground flattening to a rolling plain that stretched away as far as the eye could see.

So, while it's true the North has a lot of forests, Winterfell is explicitly not within a heavily wooded area -- it's on a plain, probably something along the lines of a highland plateau. The North probably has more plainsland than it has woods, in fact, if the map is any evidence.

Eh? Jon's not in it.

Yeah, well, could be its true about area around Winterfell.

Though i remember Starks going on a hunt in some forest when they met Osha and later on when Bran and Rickon were escaping from theon they seemed to go into some forest rather quickly.

But maybe i just presumed the forest is close to Winterfell.

Basically im just saying it didnt coincide with how i imagined it but thats not a big issue. (dammit!)

As to Jon there is a few (maybe just one) really quick flash of him all in black advancing into the cameras eye. I think.

I just hope they dont overdo such bullshit and play him sneakily instead of trumpeting that "he is the one!!!" all around.

but maybe im asking too much.

As to Jon there is a few (maybe just one) really quick flash of him all in black advancing into the cameras eye. I think.

I just hope they dont overdo such bullshit and play him sneakily instead of trumpeting that "he is the one!!!" all around.

but maybe im asking too much.

I think you're thinking of one of the shots of Will or Waymar Royce in the trailer. Since they've only filmed the pilot so far, presumably they don't have any footage of Jon in Night's Watch uniform yet.

Even if he was actually in the trailer then I'm not sure how having a brief shot of one of the main characters in the story would matter much.

The wolfswood is to the northwest of Winterfell, but that's just one area of the North. Much of the north is moors and plains.

And yeah, you're thinking of the shots of Will (Bronson Webb), which are from the prologue. Kit Harrington as Jon Snow does not appear at all, unless he's to be glimpsed among the horsemen in the one shot with the Stark banners -- but if he is, you couldn't pick him out (IMO, he's not there, nor Robb -- I suspect that shot is after the two have already raced ahead).

I dont know. I dont like Sean as Eddard at all. I think he would have gone much better in some other role.

Playing Jorah Mormont would be perfect for him.

And i didnt like how he says "Winter is coming" AT ALL. Totally...wrong.

But i guess that wont be so noticeable for audience that didnt read the books.

What did i like... hmm...?

I guess those few short shots of a forest were nice.

Are you ever happy? What's wrong with Sean as Eddard and how can you judge from a still and the bit of him pulling the sword?

Are you ever happy? What's wrong with Sean as Eddard and how can you judge from a still and the bit of him pulling the sword?

Yes im happy as much as anyone else. Thats a pretty cheap way of trying to undermine other people views, thoughts or arguments.

I know Sean Bean, we know what his types of roles are and what he does best.

All i see when i look at him is Jorah Mormont. Thats the role written for him.

Not Eddard Stark.

And the "Winter is coming" isnt said that way either. Thats a serious mistake not a small thing.

I do hope he surprises me and pulls it off, but i cant see it.

How could Jorah Mormont ever play Eddard Stark? Impossible.

And the "Winter is coming" isnt said that way either. Thats a serious mistake not a small thing.

you don't know the context. 3 words and a laugh it could be in response to a joke or something from Robert or one of the kids and the guys who made the teaser probably don't know ned at all and the people that the teaser is directed at don't know anything about the series so how can it matter if there was a laugh?

the intent of the 3 words and 20 second teaser was to get people interested, not to introduce people to Eddard Stark so there is no mistake let alone a serious one

wait until you hear the whole conversation before you jump to the conclusion that they are making Ned some sort of happy go lucky guy that laughs at everything

Let's keep the statements as debate about the trailer, and try to veer from making comments about other boarders directly, no matter how much you disagree with them, okay.

As for Bean as Ned and how he's being depicted, we can't judge anything from a single spoken line out of context like that, and frankly I don't get the problem with how the line was read. Sounded good to me. For now I'll go more by the two images we've seen released of him, this and this, which seem pretty dead on to me. He looks even more like my mental image of Ned in these pictures than I expected him to look when I first heard he was cast. He's basically exactly how I imagined Ned, physically.

Cool thing I just noticed, Ned is pulling Ice from what appears to be a scabbard made from a wolf's head!

It's going to be interesting watching what new materials/tweaks that GRRM and HBO come up with. GRRM probably has a notebook full of cool ideas that he couldn't make work using written words, but would be perfect on screen.

I've got to decide if I want to go spoiler-free with the TV show soon. Grr, hard decision.

you don't know the context. 3 words and a laugh it could be in response to a joke or something from Robert or one of the kids and the guys who made the teaser probably don't know ned at all and the people that the teaser is directed at don't know anything about the series so how can it matter if there was a laugh?

the intent of the 3 words and 20 second teaser was to get people interested, not to introduce people to Eddard Stark so there is no mistake let alone a serious one

wait until you hear the whole conversation before you jump to the conclusion that they are making Ned some sort of happy go lucky guy that laughs at everything

Oh that laugh sounded hollow and menacing - like it was spoken by a ghost, or a dead man.

FFOOOre shaaadowiiiing ta daaaaa.

No, except it was just tacked onto the words rather crudely i wasnt thinking about it but words themselves.

Classic Sean Bean.

"Winter is coming " is supposed to be said in a manly, strong manner. A confident but calling for strength way "prepare for it is coming surely regardless of what you think and regardless of your petty squabbles" manner.

Not like youre dying any second and half whispering - half rasping.

But you may be right that it was taken out of context from some scene.

As for Bean as Ned and how he's being depicted, we can't judge anything from a single spoken line out of context like that, and frankly I don't get the problem with how the line was read. Sounded good to me. For now I'll go more by the two images we've seen released of him, this and this, which seem pretty dead on to me. He looks even more like my mental image of Ned in these pictures than I expected him to look when I first heard he was cast. He's basically exactly how I imagined Ned, physically.

Who? Jorah Mormont? Why is he wearing Eddard Stark clothes?

Who? Jorah Mormont? Why is he wearing Eddard Stark clothes?

There is always going to be a few fans who really dislike some of the casting choices. You are just one of the unlucky ones.

Given your dismay, i'm not sure do you still intend on watching the show. But at least you can take some solace from the fact that most people are happy with the choices made. :)

Archived