"Game of Thrones" preview airing before True Blood (CONFIRMED)

Brude

Who? Jorah Mormont? Why is he wearing Eddard Stark clothes?

My biggest problem with him is that he isn't bald.

And he's also wielding Ice, I mean, what the FUCK, Dave & Dan? You cast Sean Bean as Jorah Mormont, you better make him bald for the role, have him dress like he's supposed to, and wield the right sword, otherwise people might confuse him for Ned!

Also, him saying "Winter is coming"?

Ned says that. Not Jorah.

Haven't you guys read the books?

I always saw Bean as the Blackfish or maybe even the Onion knight. But Bean as Ned was good in that promo. It makes sense for a big name like him to be Ned. I'm liking it more and more and I know I would never be disappointed with his acting. He's going to be fabulous.

I think he's too young for the Blackfish, and too old for the Onion Knight. I always saw the Onion Knight as in his early 30's. I might be wrong.

But, yeah, Bean=awesome.

Fairley is very attractive, it's just that the fanboys out there wont be satisfied unless every woman on the show looks like their perfect ideal... I really don't get the issue some people have, she's pretty and more importantly she can act.

Very true. Fairley is attractive. Catelyn may or may not be more attractive but it doesn't matter to the story. LF stalks Sansa because she is Catelyn's daughter. Sure, in the books she also looks like Sansa also, but i'm sure makeup can make them somewhat similar. I wouldn't worry about the latter though. Tt would have been silly to be looking for a Sansa clone to play Catelyn.

Wolfheart, you were the person who said Fairley doesn't look the part at all. You can't but expect people to respond to such wild accusations. :)

Very true. Fairley is attractive. Catelyn may or may not be more attractive but it doesn't matter to the story. LF stalks Sansa because she is Catelyn's daughter. Sure, in the books she also looks like Sansa also, but i'm sure makeup can make them somewhat similar. I wouldn't worry about the latter though. Tt would have been silly to be looking for a Sansa clone to play Catelyn.

Wolfheart, you were the person who said Fairley doesn't look the part at all. You can't but expect people to respond to such wild accusations. :)

Try again. That was Ser Possum. Next time use the find function and type in "at all".

See I thought Ehle and the actress playing Sansa looked a lot more alike than than fairley and such.

See I thought Ehle and the actress playing Sansa looked a lot more alike than than fairley and such.

*shrugs*

A little makeup and a dye job will take care of that beautifully along with some careful choice of costumes and a few select mannerisms dropped into the acting.

I think it would. It's a point Petyr makes repeatedly.

However, they'll look alike enough, with make-up and hair dye. And people won't know about Jennifer Ehle having been casted originally, so it doesn't matter. They won't compare.

I think it'll be good.

Try again. That was Ser Possum. Next time use the find function and type in "at all".

Apologies. But no point getting snarky. :)

However, they'll look alike enough, with make-up and hair dye.

Exactly. :thumbsup:

She is a middle aged woman, younger than Bean?

Seems to fit then. :P

By that generalization any middle-aged woman who happens to be younger than Sean Bean could play Catelyn. Correct?

You have a fabulous career ahead as a casting director.

it's just that the fanboys out there

You're calling other people fanboys... on a subforum dedicated to the televised adaptation of a fantasy series. Seriously, don't make me get the pot and kettle out.

We're all fanboys and girls here, so tossing out that tired ole name only makes you look rather like a tool.

As to Fairley's attractiveness, sure, she's OK looking. Not ugly but she's not Cat either. I thought Ehle was a perfect Cat, and I don't think she's that great looking either. But she looked the part to me. Looking so much like the girl playing Sansa only made that feeling stronger. Fairley doesn't look like Cat.

That's my opinion. It's the Gospel of Possum but not the Gospel of the World and I'm not treating it as such. I'll enjoy the shit out of this series no matter what. And to put a positive spin on it, not liking the choice of Cat is actually a good thing, since I don't like the character of Cat either.

I forgot. She's not young, not old and has a vagina. Therefore she's the perfect Catelyn Stark. You should alert Miley Cyrus, she fits the bill for Margaery Tyrell or Shae or Melisandre. After all, she's young, has hair and a vagina. Makeup can take care of the rest, right?

While we're on it, I'm tall with broad shoulders, black hair and have been called very attractive by ugly women before. I'M RENLY FUCKING BARATHEON (not being rude here, I believe George confirmed in Denver last year that Renly's middle name is indeed Fucking)!

:rolleyes:

I forgot. She's not young, not old and has a vagina. Therefore she's the perfect Catelyn Stark. You should alert Miley Cyrus, she fits the bill for Margaery Tyrell or Shae or Melisandre. After all, she's young, has hair and a vagina. Makeup can take care of the rest, right?

While we're on it, I'm tall with broad shoulders, black hair and have been called very attractive by ugly women before. I'M RENLY FUCKING BARATHEON (not being rude here, I believe George confirmed in Denver last year that Renly's middle name is indeed Fucking)!

:lol:

Thanks for showing up Ser Possum! :P I hated to waste my earlier argument.

Anyhow, as I said, you made an exaggerated statement...I couldn't but respond to it. :)

Fairley doesn't look like Cat.

Its the inevitable consequence of a TV show. People don't look like the image of them in our heads. :) You are not shocked by that...i'm not shocked by that...

You're calling other people fanboys... on a subforum dedicated to the televised adaptation of a fantasy series. Seriously, don't make me get the pot and kettle out.

We're all fanboys and girls here, so tossing out that tired ole name only makes you look rather like a tool.

Nah, there's a difference between fans and fanboys and girls. Basically a fanboy/fangirl is someone who is obsessed with certain characters to the point where if an actor doesn't fit that image completely, they complain about (sometimes quite rudely) by picking apart that person's appearance. Fanboys and girls bemoan that they are all wrong for the part and nothing like the description or how they imagined in their head. Regular fans say, "Well maybe that's not completely right, but I am going to wait and see their performance before I judge them."

Nah, there's a difference between fans and fanboys and girls. Basically a fanboy/fangirl is someone who is obsessed with certain characters to the point where if an actor doesn't fit that image completely, they complain about (sometimes quite rudely) by picking apart that person's appearance. Fanboys and girls bemoan that they are all wrong for the part and nothing like the description or how they imagined in their head. Regular fans say, "Well maybe that's not completely right, but I am going to wait and see their performance before I judge them."

:agree:

I find it ridiculous that anyone can draw conclusions about whether so and so is 'perfect for the role' before even seeing them. 90% of the casting discussion is pointless imo.

They're going off the looks, which is something you can draw a conclusion on, based upon what you picture the characters looking like in your mind when you read the books. In the end, a lot of discussions are pointless, but they are social. If someone thinks the conversation is pointless they'd be best staying out of it. But yes, your criticism does have a point, this is just people getting hyped up for something they care about.

Archived