"Game of Thrones" preview airing before True Blood (CONFIRMED)

Brude

Brude, where did you see the naked women shot? I've watched it over and over til I feel cross-eyed and still don't see it. Your eyes must be faster than mine!

You only see them from behind. Here.

With the quick cuts and slashing sound effects, if I was an ignorant viewer, I would think it was a horror show.

But as someone familiar with the material, I thought it was fine.

Well, duh. This was aired right before True Blood. Obviously HBO is trying to draw from its existing horror audience.

Cool thing I just noticed, Ned is pulling Ice from what appears to be a scabbard made from a wolf's head!

He sure is! Cool, indeed! I worry that this teaser-trailer seems shot in a blue tone, almost black-and-white. Does that mean the series will be shot that way? Or is that something that's commonly done in these things? I mean, the Red Viper, Cersei's reptilian green eyes, Jamie's golden armor. We need color, lots of color!

That was most excellent. Will definitely be attractive to HBO's current subscriber's, even if they aren't familiar with the books. Thanks to all who posted links for those of us without cable and HBO and such. Much appreciated!

He sure is! Cool, indeed! I worry that this teaser-trailer seems shot in a blue tone, almost black-and-white. Does that mean the series will be shot that way? Or is that something that's commonly done in these things? I mean, the Red Viper, Cersei's reptilian green eyes, Jamie's golden armor. We need color, lots of color!

No, this is just a teaser. Teaser's always have a 'theme' in them, and this theme is horror, hence the colour. Its impossible to say how the real thing will look from this tbh.

Regarding the colours, compare HBO's own different versions of Sean Bean as Eddard Stark with Ice:

First one and second one (as well as in the teaser)

Brude already posted a link to my first album with still images from the teaser; since then I have opened an imageshack account and uploaded the stills again. You can see them, as well as the pictures of Sean Bean here.

Totally happy with the preview. Can't wait for more. I love trailers-- even well-made trailers for bad movies can make me want to sit through hours of trailers. Since I know this will be awesome, it's even better. :drool:

This shit just got real :)

And Sean Bean's delivery of "Winter is coming" is exactly as I had hoped. Now we probably have to wait for the debut of "Boardwalk Emprire" to get another tease or we might get one for the finale of True Blood, which would make sense as that's HBO's current Fantasy show.

Thanks for pulling the images, thersites. :)

Here is my updated dissection, with thumbs leading to the images in question. Prety amazing stuff!

Thanks, but user el pualo has posted a link to his flickr profile on winter-is-coming.net. His stills are of higher resolution as well as brightness than mine - maybe you want to use those for the official 'dissection'.

:)

El pualo also provided the original photograph of Sean Bean used as HBO's website background - it looks truly great!

Exciting to see this at last! There's so much to like about this. But I would have been much, much happier if the trailer had included at least one female who wasn't naked. I suppose they didn't have much to work with, as they're recasting two of the female leads, but still.

That was amazing.

Ack. More specifically, it was Sean saying Winter is Coming. They showed a quick flash of Will and Gared. Then the logo, which was a dark red.

Oh, I didn't see this yet, although I noticed that the tivo had caught both the lead in to True Blood as well as the show, so I'm betting I've got it.

Imagining Sean saying Winter is Coming in his lovely accent and voice IS priceless!

Grr, I actually have to watch last season's True Blood finale before I can bite into this new stuff.

I had the same thought. I would not have minded a shot of Lena Headey as Cersei. But the focus was really on action and movement, so that probably explains it. I expect the first full promo will certainly feature Cersei and the Lannisters more.

Archived