Westeros Blog: Jamie Sives Cast as Jory Cassel

According to oliverpowell (who has already proved a solid source), the role of Jory Cassel—Winterfell’s captain of the guard—has gone to popular Scottish actor, Jamie Sives. Sives has a long list of credits, including appearances in genre productions such as Doctor Who, the new Clash of the Titans, and the historical adventure Valhalla Rising. In 2002, Sives garnered a number of film festival nominations and awards for his performance in the independet film, Wilbur (Wants to Kill Himself), which earned him attention from diverse sources such as the BBC.

Below is one of a number of videos featuring Sives available on Youtube:

Visit the Site!

He's pretty close to my mental image of Jory. I already feel sorry for him^^, Jory's death hit me hard in the book and this actor looks so nice, it makes me doubly as sorry for him^^. But well, I'm already resigned to needing a couple of tissue boxes per episode of GoT...

This photo of Jamie Sives (great casting as Jory BTW) reminds me of the excellent actor next to him (JJ Field), and how great he would be as Littlefinger. If he was shorter that is...

Again, great casting for Jory Cassel! I'm looking forward to seeing Valhalla Rising next week, now more so.

Archived