Westeros Blog: Lena Headey on Game of Thrones

A new interview with Lena Headey—cast as Cersei Lannister in HBO’s Game of Thrones—finds her talking about the series and her character. After having been away from work for a number of months due to her pregnancy and then birth of her first child, she describes herself as excited and “very ready and not ready one bit” to get back to work. Though she hasn’t read the novels, she seems to have a good grasp on what makes Cersei tick, as well: “smart , insecure, ferociously maternal, cutthroat, paranoid.”

Visit the Site!

Luckily HBO have cast her for her acting abilities, not her ability to read a fantasy novel. :P

Nice interview. She was excellent in Sarah Connors. :)

Oh, I wasn't casting dispersions on her for not reading the books, it just gave me a chuckle that she'd be worried about not having enough scenes with Tyrion. I've not seen her as Sarah Connors, only seen her in 300. She'll be just fine!

Not castigating a new mum for not having the time to read a massive book - but I do hope that she at least gets to have a chat with George about the character! :ohwell:

But I'm not an actor - perhaps it's not viewed as neccessary to discuss anything beyond what's on the sides in front of you, I dunno.

Hmmm...Cersei and Tyrion. Giggling. Hmmm...:D

No kidding. The image that first comes to mind is a young Cersei pinching/twisting Tyrion's poor little baby erhmmm... Oh boy.

I think she will do a lovely job. It would be fun to be a fly on the wall when she gets scripts further down the road, to see her reaction. :)

She won't have that many scenes with him in the first season right? They will maybe a little in the very beginning, but then he'll be separating from the Lannisters to visit the Wall, then is taken captive by Catelyn and finally gets away from the Eyrie to meet up with his father and fight in that battle. Hopefully the show will be renewed for a second season, and then she'll get to work with him a lot. :)

Archived