Ian McElhinney cast as Ser Barristan Selmy

According to Oliver Powell and his flawless track record so far, the role of Barristan Selmy has gone to Ian McElhinney. Looks like his most prominent role was as Pope Clement in one episode of The Tudors, as well as Captain Hammond in several of ITV's Hornblower adaptations (which I vaguely remember him from).

perfect, on pure looks alone might be the closest fit to how i imagine the characters in my head.

I know, he's just adorable! He has an honest face I think, he looks trustworthy, and that's pretty appropriate.

Barristan is one of my favourite characters, so I chip in by saying that Mr. Ian McE.'s eyes are perfect in their intensity for the character. I can't wait to see the scene when he is cast away from the Kingsguard - how the old warrior will convey his humiliation and rage and undying dignity.

:lol: I'm sure there'll be plenty.

Huh? I wish. But all the props have been sold and quite frankly, Ioan Gruffudd is getting older, too old to play the middle part of Hornblower's life. Sorry to be off topic. Reality TV is just so much cheaper to produce.

Archived