Westeros Blog: More Casting and Swarthy Horsemen

GRRM has been confirming a number of the casting reports which we’ve already made, such as Jamie Sives as Jory and Ian McElhinney as Barristan the Bold. He has just mentioned, however, that we’re sure to have more casting announcements soon. This falls in line with everything we’ve heard, and of course, with shooting set to begin in a week and a half, it makes sense.

In other news, North Ireland Screen has sent out an urgent request for swarthy, experienced horsemen for the Game of Thrones production. These are obviously extras for the Dothraki, and it seems like they’re not quite finding as many suitable riders as they’d like in Northern Ireland. If you or anyone you know fits the bill, this is a ripe opportunity for getting involved in the production.

Visit the Site!

In other news, North Ireland Screen has sent out an urgent request for swarthy, experienced horsemen for the Game of Thrones production. These are obviously extras for the Dothraki, and it seems like they’re not quite finding as many suitable riders as they’d like in Northern Ireland. If you or anyone you know fits the bill, this is a ripe opportunity for getting involved in the production.

Visit the Site!

Considering how many women there were riding in the Rohirrim, I don't see that almost anyone would be suitable with the right makeup. Of course, the Blood Riders themselves probably need to be swarthy men <LOL> And of course, with the helms of the Rohirrim, it was easy to hide sex.

Unfortunately, me and my mare Soho are too far away :rolleyes: Actually, as a 16.3 hand WB, they might now like Soho.

The fact that many of the Dothraki will probably be shirtless, or wearing little more than a loose vest, might be another reason women may not quite be suitable to stand-in for them, even from a bit of a distance. ;)

Archived