Westeros Blog: HBO Releases Fact Sheet, Many Casting Notes

HBO has released a massive fact sheet, full of casting information for lesser parts. The contest of the sheet follows below. Keep an eye on this page later on the day, as we link up all the actors we can to IMDB pages, official sites, and/or videos.

read on >>>

Visit the Site!

Nice to see some additional pedigree being added to the production team - Alan Taylor's been a director for several Mad Men and Sopranos episodes and both the DPs did nine episodes of Rome each, with one of them doing 38 Sopranos as well.

This is incredibly exciting - for whatever reason, Ser Gregor is the one character I'm most looking forward to seeing them bring to life. He's not even my favorite character but I have a feeling I'm going to love him onscreen, if only because I like how the actor went after that role. ;)

What's the difference between featured cast and guest cast? I see a number of names on both lists who I'd think would be regulars but of course I know nothing about the terminology for all of this in the film and television worlds.

The actor for Marillion looks exactly like how I pictured his character. :lol:

Alexia,

Featured cast and guest cast is just based on how many episodes they appear in and how prominent their roles are.

corund,

Others are wondering this as well. I've put out feelers on the topic. It may be nothing more than the role has not yet been cast, given that he doesn't show up until halfway into the series (yes, other roles that show up at the same time have been cast, but then others -- Shae, Tywin -- are still in negotiation).

Alternatively, some fear the Blackfish is going to be cut, at least for this season.

Too many new cast members! Hard to digest. They all seem acceptable although it's going to take British viewers a long time to get their heads around the fact that Jerome, of Robson and Jerome is playing Bronn. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt though as I was higly sceptical of Lovejoy playing Al Swearangen and now Mcshane is one of my favourite actors.

That is so exciting! I guess Lysa Arryn isn't going to be fat, unless they put a suit on her? And the kid playing Micah is adorable, I'm going to be really sad when he dies now. Oh and Lancel's casting is perfect.

corund,

Others are wondering this as well. I've put out feelers on the topic. It may be nothing more than the role has not yet been cast, given that he doesn't show up until halfway into the series (yes, other roles that show up at the same time have been cast, but then others -- Shae, Tywin -- are still in negotiation).

Alternatively, some fear the Blackfish is going to be cut, at least for this season.

There's also no Roose Bolton, no Greatjon, no Karstarks or female Mormonts. No Freys. No Tywin Lannister either, or Kevan. All these guys will be showing up pretty late in the season I'm guessing, so there's a bit of extra casting time available.

There's also no Roose Bolton, no Greatjon, no Karstarks or female Mormonts. No Freys. No Tywin Lannister either, or Kevan. All these guys will be showing up pretty late in the season I'm guessing, so there's a bit of extra casting time available.

There probably is a more up to date list now but in this thread there is a list of unfilled roles that the production has confirmed that it will be casting. There will definitely be a Tywin. We don't know about the rest. I'm pretty confident there will at least be a Walder Frey. A Greatjon seems likely to me also but not sure about everyone else.

Like Roose or Karstark don't need to appear in S1. Kevan would be nice but he only becomes really interesting in aFfC. I'm not sure the female Mormonts are ever needed.

We'll see. But yes, there is definitely more casting announcements on the way. :)

Archived