Mafia Game 73 (Mk. II)

House Targaryen

It is day 1.

12 players remain: Clegane, Connington, Dayne, Inchfield, Karstark, Kettleblack, Lannister, Mallister, Redfort, Royce, Tollett, Vance.

7 votes are needed for a conviction or 6 to go to night.

1 vote for Connington ( Clegane)

1 vote for Inchfield ( Lannister)

1 vote for Mallister ( Inchfield)

9 players have not voted: Connington, Dayne, Karstark, Kettleblack, Mallister, Redfort, Royce, Tollett, Vance.

Ok, so anyway, I was going to come in here and have some fun, RP a little about being the only Dornish house and put my foot in my mouth so I get lynched - you know, the usual.

I have a different plan now. Lannister said he had to use the word 'impavid' in a sentence.

You just made me Google that to see if it was real. Turns out it is.

Now I've got to use "impavid" in a sentence today.

Impavid = fearless.

Vance expresses himself in dance, illustrating it with a video set to the song 'No Fear'

Hi Guys, I'm Vance.

And Today, I Shall Express Myself Through The Medium Of Dance!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKEFhv5IvNk&feature=fvsr

So this is actually a serious vote. Lannister

When I saw Lannister's post, my first thought was, cool, a new word to use. Then I thought, that might be seen as a symp move so why bring unnecessary trouble. Then I clicked on the Swan Lake link and no fear jumped out.

eta: not to mention Lannister answered with his Cannister remark.

It is day 1.

12 players remain: Clegane, Connington, Dayne, Inchfield, Karstark, Kettleblack, Lannister, Mallister, Redfort, Royce, Tollett, Vance.

7 votes are needed for a conviction or 6 to go to night.

1 vote for Connington ( Clegane)

1 vote for Inchfield ( Lannister)

1 vote for Karstark ( Mallister)

1 vote for Lannister ( Dayne)

1 vote for Mallister ( Inchfield)

1 vote for Redfort ( Karstark)

6 players have not voted: Connington, Kettleblack, Redfort, Royce, Tollett, Vance.

Did I post that? Complete mistake on my part. Could you be prevailed upon to forget that please?

Well, I have a very capricious memory. It needs to be convinced ;)

Well, obviously the what includes any techniques for modeling and analyzing several variables, when the focus is on the relationship between a dependent variable and one or more independent variables.

I thought that was a given.

Actually I thought the what was for tiger and the what for Africa since it came just after Connington.

Yes.

A tiger is a large stripy cat. Africa is a continent.

Tigers are not indigenous to Africa.

Therefore you would not expect to see a tiger in Africa.

The sentence thus becomes an expression of disbelief.

Disbelief to something in particular or disbelief in general?

Dayne, I agree with you that Vance's first post was weird. My first move was actually to check if there was a House Swann in the game.

'Tis I, Tollett. :smoking: Rather impressed by the number of people Targ managed to drag to this shindig.

Ok, so anyway, I was going to come in here and have some fun, RP a little about being the only Dornish house and put my foot in my mouth so I get lynched - you know, the usual.

I have a different plan now. Lannister said he had to use the word 'impavid' in a sentence.

Impavid = fearless.

Vance expresses himself in dance, illustrating it with a video set to the song 'No Fear'

So this is actually a serious vote. Lannister

When I saw Lannister's post, my first thought was, cool, a new word to use. Then I thought, that might be seen as a symp move so why bring unnecessary trouble. Then I clicked on the Swan Lake link and no fear jumped out.

eta: not to mention Lannister answered with his Cannister remark.

Two things occur to me reading this. A. I am not going to be dragged into an argument over the value of symp clues again. Symp clues are nonsense. B. Having tracked down an FM and a symp why is it that you've decided to vote for what I presume you believe to be the symp? With a call and response like that they're either both guilty or neither is. I doubt either is framing the other. You identified Lannister as the symp so why not vote for the juicy FM you've netted?

'Tis I, Tollett. :smoking: Rather impressed by the number of people Targ managed to drag to this shindig.

Two things occur to me reading this. A. I am not going to be dragged into an argument over the value of symp clues again. Symp clues are nonsense. B. Having tracked down an FM and a symp why is it that you've decided to vote for what I presume you believe to be the symp? With a call and response like that they're either both guilty or neither is. I doubt either is framing the other. You identified Lannister as the symp so why not vote for the juicy FM you've netted?

What leads you to think Lannister is the symp in Dayne's post? I also don't understand what you mean by: "With a call and response like that they're either both guilty or neither is. I doubt either is framing the other." Do you mean Dayne rules out the possibility of one being evil and the other innocent, or is it your interpretation of the interaction between Vance and Lannister? Can you clarify?

Dayne, I agree with you that Vance's first post was weird. My first move was actually to check if there was a House Swann in the game.

Why was it weird? Why would you check to see if there was a House Swann? I understand the whole Swann thing but nothing Vance did, especially as a first post during RP, suggests that he's going for a Swann defense. Jumping the gun a little bit?

I really don't like that post.

Clegane. I would put money that by the end of this, when you are lynched, you will flip evil.

In this scenario, Vance would be symp to Lannister.

Lannister mentions impavid

Vance links a video with a soundtrack of 'no fear' to signal Lannister.

Lannister then confirms that the message was received by linking a video also.

Trust me, I hate speculating about symp clues as much as the next guy - maybe even more - but this one jumped right off the screen at me and I can't ignore it.

Royce - you really want to go after me for suggesting a symp clue? It's not like this one is stretched like silly-putty. Fearless/No Fear is at least plausible so I can understand you saying - wow, weird coincidence but I really don't think it's a clue. Instead you paint me in a villainous light for pointing it out. When I googled swan lake videos, the no fear version didn't come up in the first several pages - even pole dancing to swan lake came up before this one did. To me, it points out that this video was pretty specific.

Archived